Resolved [PS4] Cannot Craft Crimson Mimic

GreyGhost11B

Skeletron Prime
I have been trying to get the fetid bagnads from the crimson mimic. Expert world. Crafted the key of night, went to the crimson, underground first, placed the empty chest down, opened it up, put key of night in chest, closed it and waited for the crimson mimic to come at me. Nothing. Tried in both day and night. Tried on the surface. Tried with a key of light on a whim and nothing. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks!

Keep trying and it should work eventually. That bug was discovered some time ago, and it seems most of the time the game doesn't register when you put a key of light/night in an empty chest.

Btw you don't need to go to a crimson area to spawn a crimson mimic. What decides which type of mimic is spawned is the type of corruption that the world was generated with.

@r4v1n6 Thanks for the response. I went out and followed that thread. It looks like the first report of the bug was in late September. Thank you for the clarification on the fact that I do not need to be in the crimson to spawn the mimic. I must have tried at least a 1/2 dozen times without success. Will attempt to spawn outside of the crimson today. I did not see where there was any response of the bug being cleared. For the time being, keep attempting and it will randomly work seems to be the temporary work around. I will post if/when the spawn attempt works.

Did you try spawning it outside the evil areas on a flat surface? That's what I did for mine and they always spawn. I was on the surface if that can help.

Back
Top Bottom