Switch Cannot go left and uphill quickly

Legendofnick

Terrarian
Not sure if anyone else is having this issue but since the new update I can't run with the Hermes boots uphill and to the left, every other direction works perfectly (and every other game works perfectly so it's not stick drift).

For more details my guy will be at a full sprint left and as soon as I go up he immediately stops, this is even on a stair case I had built last week before the update. If I run in every other direction it's completely fine.

Anyone else have this issue?

@Legendofnick that is very interesting... I have a few questions
Are you playing on Xbox, PS4, or Switch?
If on Xbox, have you tried a hard or cold reset? Or any edition, have you tried a reset?
Does this happen on any other characters or worlds?

I'm on switch, I just got the game 2 weeks ago so I only have 1 character and 1 world so far, I'm going to try what you said next

None of the suggestions you made have helped, it feels to me since this only occured since the update that it's a bug in the update itself

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone else is having this issue but since the new update I can't run with the Hermes boots uphill and to the left, every other direction works perfectly (and every other game works perfectly so it's not stick drift).

For more details my guy will be at a full sprint left and as soon as I go up he immediately stops, this is even on a stair case I had built last week before the update. If I run in every other direction it's completely fine.

Anyone else have this issue?
@Legendofnick I’m going to try it out myself (I play on switch as well)

Update: Just tried it myself, and I have the same issue

Hi @Legendofnick and @Falloutguy645 - it’d be great if you can get a video of this to look into it further.

Hi @Legendofnick and @Falloutguy645 - it’d be great if you can get a video of this to look into it further.

this is the only video i could get from Switch share, I hope you can view it with no problems, let me know if i need to find an alternative.

in the video you can see the boots working when running uphill right, downhill right and downhill left, but as i run uphill left the character freezes up and moves at a strange pace.

this is the only video i could get from Switch share, I hope you can view it with no problems, let me know if i need to find an alternative.

in the video you can see the boots working when running uphill right, downhill right and downhill left, but as i run uphill left the character freezes up and moves at a strange pace.
Thanks for trying Nick, but it says the link is broken or the page has been removed.

Back
Top Bottom