Cannot load world or make new ones

AJ Bauer

Terrarian
If I try to open a world I get "Load failed! No backup found" and if I try to make a new one I get:

The game has crashed!
Index was outside the bounds of array.
at Terraria.WorldGen.clearWorld()
at Terraria.WorldGen.do__worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
at Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)​

The mods I have are:

Recipe Browser, Boss Checklist, Weaponout, imkSushi's mod, Sacredtools, Veinminer, WMITF, Magic Storage, Yet Another Boss Health Bar, Joost, Calamity, Thorium, Cheeze's content pack, Tremor, Maxstackplus, Crystalium, and Zoaklenmod.

I put a lot of effort into this game so this is incredibly distressing right now. I tried reinstalling tmodloader, reinstalling Terraria, disabling then enabling mods, uninstalling then reinstalling the mods, nothing seems to work. Please help.

Upload the world file, I'll see what I can do. Make sure to include the .twld one as well.

Well, I think I figured out what happened. All of those world files are 2600 tiles tall and terraria can only load 2400 at maximum. (Well, there is a mod called Large World Enabler but it won't fit into 4 GB of ram with this many mods...) I suspect this may have been caused by Calamity. Did you update it recently?
calamityspheres.png

I am guessing those spheres weren't there last time you managed to load these worlds. They take up exactly 200 tiles starting from the top. There have been some reports of similar things happening back in 2018, but they probably fixed it by now. https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?posts/1681824/ I have no idea who thought something like this was a good idea to do anyways...
I think the problem you are getting with the worldgen is just due to the broken worlds messing things up when you attempt to load them. If you start up the game and create a new world immediately, it should work fine.
I am not entirely sure how to fix the broken worlds yet. I'll have to somehow chop the top off without messing up all the chests and tile entities and such. I'll get back to you once I've figured it out.

EDIT: Never mind, I'm dumb, I see on some other other world you did mess with the spheres. I don't really get how these world could load like this at all though. Maybe some older version of calamity did some magic to make them load. If that is the case, downgrading calamity might fix the problem.

EDIT2: I've managed to create a modified version of Large World Enabler that makes the world just big enough to load these files. This should solve the problem. https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av10DsbKAhBlwDfw-ANM9PNDukyR

Last edited:
I'm curious though, did you update your mods recently, or did you do anything else that could have caused this? It might be worth talking to the Calamity devs about this. It's kind of a serious issue.

I'm curious though, did you update your mods recently, or did you do anything else that could have caused this? It might be worth talking to the Calamity devs about this. It's kind of a serious issue.

I updated Calamity and it seemed fine at first, it just suddenly stopped working. I don't know if the it was caused by Calamity itself.

Awh I love u m8, had same problem today after updating mods, I think its calamity but not 100% sure, some mods the guy before me had some extra mods i didn't have Cheeze's content pack, Tremor, Maxstackplus, and Zoaklenmod. ... dunno much about these but it looks like only tremor from it change gen.

Upload the world file, I'll see what I can do. Make sure to include the .twld one as well.
Please, i also need help but i didn't get chat, mind checking mine as well? Is the file needed the .wld one? if yes, here you go.

I also have backups, but 1 thing is when i click attach files and go to the worlds folder, .twld doesnt show.

Mods : Boss cursor, better yoyos, cheat sheet, veinminer, calamitymod music, boss checklist, magic storage, autotrash, alchemistnpc, HERO'S mod, calamity mod no music, thorium mod, omniswing, fargo's mutant mod, recipe browser, yuki's mod, superstacker, luiafk, imksushi's mod, yet another boss health bar.

the bold is enabled

Edit: i tried entering the mod into the mods folder, then enabled it in tmod terraria, but it crashed my game, soo i had to delete it from the mods folder.

Attachments

• 2019-12-10-You_sand_bro-.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 229
Last edited:
I am having the same issue. Me and my friend had a medium sized world that we played on but now it won't load and there isn't a backup. How would I fix it? Also there aren't any mods, vanilla game

I am having the same problem, I installed your mod to see if it was my computer, but it was not,
I reverted my game back to the 1.3 because there are, I kid you not, 5135 errors compiling in the 1.4 version.
If anyone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom