Cant beat wall of flesh as summoner

SapphireSuicune

Spazmatism
I was super close to beating the wall but I ran out of room. I probably shouldn't have chose a small world ;( I have pretty much every buff possible except wrath so that might help. i have 5 imps and a snapthorn.

Did you include garden gnomes? Also, what accessories are you using? The Stinger Necklace comes to mind as summoner-friendly...

I wouldn't recommend imps, they may have the highest damage but they attack slow, also since their fireballs pierce they will conflict with each other. The snap thorn's tag damage synergies better with fast attacking minions.

I would actually recommend a slime or two and then fill the rest with hornets.
The slimes attack very quickly but since they pierce they will hog all the iFrames so you want some hornets as well since they don't pierce.
If you don't have a slime staff the vampire frog might work as an alternative alternative.

Something to note about WoF is that the eyes have no defense so prioritize those if you can.

Another tip is to use a runway of solid blocks. The eye will attempt to stay above solid blocks and if I remember right hovers pretty close to it in range of non-flying summons. Small map is tough no matter what there's a good chance you'll need most if not all of it. I don't know what it's width is I always play large. On large maps, I typically need about 750-2000 blocks of movement depending on what I am attacking the wall with.

For a summoner I'd recommend using the Hive Pack, Sharktooth Necklace and Stinger Necklace accesories. Do note that both Necklaces' armor penetration does stack.

I woulda use painter boxes instead of blocks, and spam the ballista staff, and keep some summons still, and make them focus on one eye or mouth

I was super close to beating the wall but I ran out of room. I probably shouldn't have chose a small world ;( I have pretty much every buff possible except wrath so that might help. i have 5 imps and a snapthorn.
My first time a small map was not enough also, apparently I hadn’t increased the offensive capacity enough, but now I win this boss being a summoner needing a little more than half a small map, I even made a guide with it:

Defeat Wall of Flesh with a single class style 1.4

Yeah didn’t think about that lol
An end-game build summoner focused on offensive, has priority on accessories(menacing), armor and buffs that add minions, since normally the damage listed on the weapon is that of a single minion, it is quite acceptable that more minions attacking at the same time would multiply the damage for each minion attacking (I especially refer to summon weapons capable of making groups of minions of the same type).

An end-game build summoner focused on offensive, has priority on accessories(menacing), armor and buffs that add minions, since normally the damage listed on the weapon is that of a single minion, it is quite acceptable that more minions attacking at the same time would multiply the damage for each minion attacking (I especially refer to summon weapons capable of making groups of minions of the same type).
(is sentry damage and summon damage different)

(is sentry damage and summon damage different)
Desert tiger staff and stardust dragon staff are an almost special case.

Pretty tough on a small world if you don't use a minecart. For a summoner, star lanterns are also pretty much essential, and you will still run out of mana. If you have the celestial magnet, it's also nice to NOT equip it and kill a lot of stuff so stars fall on the bridge, then equip it when you do WoF.

[EDIT]
Are the stars from Starfuy considered summoning?
[/EDIT]

Last edited:
Pretty tough on a small world if you don't use a minecart. For a summoner, star lanterns are also pretty much essential, and you will still run out of mana. If you have the celestial magnet, it's also nice to NOT equip it and kill a lot of stuff so stars fall on the bridge, then equip it when you do WoF.
A summoner can alternatively simply use mana potions, the mana potion debuff does not apply to summon damage

Spamming summons so much means I always have the mana potion debuff running. So long as I'm keeping close enough, I can spam the summon right on top of the eye and he attacks immediately, much faster than just leaving them be to attack at their leisure.

Back
Top Bottom