1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice

PC Can't change ANY Key bindings for Keyboard,Mouse or PS4/Xbox controller

Discussion in 'PC Bug Reports' started by Mom, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Mom

Mom Terrarian

I don't recall ever having this issue for me in the past, ever. i know that this issue has been around for some people for years. anyway i use Terraria on steam and when i got a brand new desktop i had to redo my key binding. for example "ESC" is the key to open the inventory/menu. i prefer "TAB" as well as other things to accommodate my preferences.

No matter what i do, if i click or select a command to be changed it will change to "nothing". then it will immediately disable my left mouse click function. so i can't click that "go back" button on the menu, or even select any other commands to change let alone reverse or fix the command i just attempted to change.

i found that pressing the windows key on my key board and then clicking back into the game's window, will re-enable the left mouse click function ONLY if i choose to "go back" out of the key binding menu. if i try to select a command to change it will repeat the process of me trying to change a command and it will select it as it turns the command yellow and then, interestingly enough NO MATTER WHAT BUTTON (Both Console Controllers X1/PS4) OR KEY I PRESS CHANGES IT TO 'NOTHING". this is such a basic and IMHO an important issue that needs to be addressed i can understand bugs and stuff with this game IN GAME especially with new patches or hot fix's release but this feels ridiculous.

I would sincerely appreciate any help for a fix i have searched high and low. i tried to reset the .ini or .json file (whichever it's called) by deleting it. also i saw someone said they had this issue 3 years ago but only in window mode and coincidentally i was using window mode but that also didn't fix it. i dont know what else to do any way thats all.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  2. ThanosRidley

ThanosRidley Terrarian

Experiencing the same issue, but for me it doesn't change to nothing, rather to "numpad 7" which is quite frankly even more confusing