PC Can't connect to Friends' Games

Golden FazGamer

Terrarian
I am dealing with two big issues with Terraria at the moment, and I wanted to put them both here, but since they are categorized in two different forums, I'll just put this one here and the other one in In-Game.
I was trying to fix my other issue and connect to my friend's server with another character for the time being, and it would just sit on the connecting screen, with "Connecting to" on the screen. I've let this set for upwards of 15 minutes, and no result. I can't even get to the password screen, so I know it's not an issue on my end. If someone could help me out with this, it would be much appreciated. All I want to do right now is just get back to playing one of my favorite games.

Try seeing if you can connect on a brand new character. If not, ask you friend if they are using steam hosting or direct IP. Try considering removing the password to see if it allows you to connect.

If all this is to no avail ask your friend to use the dedicated server software for a steamworks connection and have them screenshot what the command window says when you're trying to connect. The dedicated server software should be in the install directory and looks like the following files:

yKMNrg0.png

I will try this tomorrow since for the time being imma take a break from Terraria, this experience coupled with my other issue kind of spoiled the mood for me.

Back
Top Bottom