Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Multi
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Hi, I've been trying to fix this for about 2 days and I gave up and thought I'd just come here, the problem I've been having is: Every time I try and join a multiplayer through steam It starts saying 'joining _____' then says 'lost connection'. I've tried turning off my antivirus and firewall, reinstalling the game multiple times and a few other things that I can't even remember. I noticed that when I tried validating the integrity of game files, it said 1 file failed to validate and will be reaquired, obviously I checked this first but I tried it again and noticed that it said the exact same thing, apparently I'm always missing one file and steam won't reaquire it even if i re-install the game. Does anyone have any other suggestions or fixes, would be greatly appreciated.

It just happens sometimes and it had been happening even in 1.3 (maybe before as well).
I don't have a straight solution but try these few times each:
- restart host server
- join by host's steam invite
- make sure you and host have good internet connection
- make sure you're 'online' on steam not 'away' or sth

Everything is ok now. Because my friend's terraria wouldn't launch from steam she had renamed her Terraria folder to something else and as a result the game was still on 1.4.0.2 version. After deleting the folder and reinstalling to 1.4.0.3 the problem was solved. To sum up, our problem was that the game was out of date.

Back
Top Bottom