Can't cross-play with PS3 and PS4

Ok when my friend comes online I'll try if it does not work I'll say
[DOUBLEPOST=1439382121,1439382022][/DOUBLEPOST]I only posted this because my friend is getting it on PS3 today so I'll see if it works or not

What exactly happens when you try to play together and what methods are you using to join each other?

My friends loads up Terraria on his PS4 and i load it up on my PSVita. Once the game is open i select online play, and then load my map with my character. I then hit select and invite him to my world. It sends him a PSN Message with my invite but it states "Incompatible systems" or something like that. We have tried this method with I'm inviting me, him joining me without me inviting- everything and we can not get it to work :(. Please help and thank you for you reply!

-Colt

My friends loads up Terraria on his PS4 and i load it up on my PSVita. Once the game is open i select online play, and then load my map with my character. I then hit select and invite him to my world. It sends him a PSN Message with my invite but it states "Incompatible systems" or something like that. We have tried this method with I'm inviting me, him joining me without me inviting- everything and we can not get it to work :(. Please help and thank you for you reply!

-Colt
@Jasjenl it seems like some users are still experiencing cross play issues between last gen and PS4, any tips?

@Jasjenl it seems like some users are still experiencing cross play issues between last gen and PS4, any tips?
Not really I'm afraid. Inviting between different platforms (PS4 - Vita) may not work because of system restrictions, but joining a friend's game directly (without using invites) should work between both these two platforms, als long as both have the latest patches installed.

Not really I'm afraid. Inviting between different platforms (PS4 - Vita) may not work because of system restrictions, but joining a friend's game directly (without using invites) should work between both these two platforms, als long as both have the latest patches installed.
@KangarooRIOT seems to still be having issues even though they're both up to date :x

Back
Top Bottom