tModLoader Can't download mods. (and other bugs)

Spaghetti56

Official Terrarian
So I recently changed over to the steam version of tModloader and checked the mods I had downloaded on the browser and it said I had none so I went to download one, I tried to download Cheat sheet to give an example and it wouldn't download it would got o the progress bar and then go back to the browser or would stay stuck on the progress bar, this isn't limited to just Cheat sheet, I tried multiple mods and none will download. I checked the folder where mods are downloaded to and I already had a bunch in there that weren't appearing on the mods I had installed in game so I deleted those files as I thought that was the problem (trying to install cheat sheet when cheat sheet is already installed etc.) but no luck. All help would be appreciated.

[Update] This is a separate bug but I can't delete characters or worlds and un-fravouriting a character or world causes my cursor to get stuck on the favourite button continuously fravouriting and un-fravouriting the character/world.

[Update] downloaded mods from mirror site " Index - Mod Browser " but when enabling the mod the cursor gets stuck on the enable button continuously clicking it. Trying to create a character, when clicking submit the cursor will continuously click submit and cannot be moved. Basically lots of things i can click on are bugged.

[Update] Leaving a world will cause the game to crash.

Last edited:
So I recently changed over to the steam version of tModloader and checked the mods I had downloaded on the browser and it said I had none so I went to download one, I tried to download Cheat sheet to give an example and it wouldn't download it would got o the progress bar and then go back to the browser or would stay stuck on the progress bar, this isn't limited to just Cheat sheet, I tried multiple mods and none will download. I checked the folder where mods are downloaded to and I already had a bunch in there that weren't appearing on the mods I had installed in game so I deleted those files as I thought that was the problem (trying to install cheat sheet when cheat sheet is already installed etc.) but no luck. All help would be appreciated.

[Update] This is a separate bug but I can't delete characters or worlds and un-fravouriting a character or world causes my cursor to get stuck on the favourite button continuously fravouriting and un-fravouriting the character/world.

[Update] downloaded mods from mirror site " Index - Mod Browser " but when enabling the mod the cursor gets stuck on the enable button continuously clicking it. Trying to create a character, when clicking submit the cursor will continuously click submit and cannot be moved. Basically lots of things i can click on are bugged.

I had the same problem and I fixed it by deleting all tmodloader files except tModLoader and tModLoaderServer, then reinstalling the game

I had the same problem and I fixed it by deleting all tmodloader files except tModLoader and tModLoader Server, then reinstalling the game

I Did all of that and i cant seem to get the steam version to work, It wont let me download mods and it says i have mods downloaded when i don't. I don't understand Please help.

I had the same problem and I fixed it by deleting all tmodloader files except tModLoader and tModLoaderServer, then reinstalling the game

I tried doing that and it still gives me the problem of not being able to download any mods I'm using the steam version mac os (Catalina).

Mac downloads a broken currently, you can manually download mods from this mirror: tModLoader Mod Browser Mirror . After downloading, put them in your mods folder. To get to the mods folder, visit the Mods menu in tmodloader and click the Open Mods Folder button.
Make sure the game is closed when you put the files in

Mac downloads a broken currently, you can manually download mods from this mirror: tModLoader Mod Browser Mirror . After downloading, put them in your mods folder. To get to the mods folder, visit the Mods menu in tmodloader and click the Open Mods Folder button.

I apologize for replying again but how do I put the files in when the game is closed, it closes the files when I close the game? i am confused

I am having the issue of all mods not downloading, they all just open up to the progress bar, and I have tried everything i could, the only thing thats broken is downloads

Edit: I can download small mods, im gonna just wait and see if big ones download after a while

Edit 2: I also cant access the mirror, meaning i cant manually download the mods either

Last edited:

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?

If you are still here, i've done that. I am also using mac so i'm not sure if it just doesn't work for mac. The mods don't show up in my mods, but they are in my folder. I added them when my Tmodloader wasn't open. i'm in version 1.3.5.3 so if that has anything to do with it please let me know.

If you are still here, i've done that. I am also using mac so i'm not sure if it just doesn't work for mac. The mods don't show up in my mods, but they are in my folder. I added them when my Tmodloader wasn't open. i'm in version 1.3.5.3 so if that has anything to do with it please let me know.
They are not in the correct folder then
you most likely put them in Mods/Mod Packs
they should be in Mods instead

im having the same problems but im on windows
Im also having the issue on the steam windows version, it keeps stopping the download and sending me back to the mod browser page randomly in the download process of several mods, as an example, i cant download calamity mod music and neither the stars above

Did anybody find a solution for Windows? I am having the problem where nothing will install it shows the installing popup but the n instantly goes back to the menu and I cannot download it.

I figured it out guys. The problem lies on either your firewall or antivirus. Somehow antiviruses deem the mods from the mod browser harmful thus blocking its download. Try turning off your antivirus first before downloading mods, worked for me.

I figured it out guys. The problem lies on either your firewall or antivirus. Somehow antiviruses deem the mods from the mod browser harmful thus blocking its download. Try turning off your antivirus first before downloading mods, worked for me.
Thanks a lot, it worked!

help. Whenever i try to click download button on a mod, the window stop responding and then crash. It’s my first time using TMod and idk what to do. I can’t even download small mods.

Back
Top Bottom