Cant figure out why my housing wont work.

Can someone help me figure out what is wrong with my housing. It just says "not valid housing" nothing else.
20171110212247_1.jpg

Make sure there are no gaps in the walls. If you use smart cursor with a wall selected, it'll highlight any gaps as part of its suggested wall placement.

Also make sure there is no Corruption/Crimson nearby. Usually it'll say the housing is corrupted if there is, but sometimes it'll still simply say it's not valid housing.

Well, you have three potential houses in your image.
  1. The upper-right one appears to have no walls, so that's right out. Even if you add walls, it shares the same problem as the Pumpkin house...
  2. The Pumpkin house does not have an unobstructed 2x3 space which is not next to a side wall.
  3. The Cactus house looks to me like it should work, but as Muzu suggests, it might be too small. Note that the "internal" door to the right (and the blocks above it) will be considered the right-side wall for the house; the vestibule beyond will not be counted.
ETA: Checking the wiki, the 60-block minimum does include the frame, so it really ought to be big enough. But I'm vaguely recalling something I saw in another thread about a bug in the housing algorithm... the platforms just outside that right-side door (that is, in the vestibule) might be breaking the house recognition.

Last edited:
Having problems with my house too, the 4 houses on the right, top left house doesn’t want to work though... pretty much tried everything, from creating (somewhat) a was for npc’s To traverse floors to breaking houses down and relocating them. No matter what I have done they just don’t want to move there. The houses are identical, so I don’t know what’s wrong. (I’m on Mobile, so no fancy houseing etitor I’m afraid)

Attachments

• A62E304D-91DC-4399-817D-BA7BBF55553A.png
    A62E304D-91DC-4399-817D-BA7BBF55553A.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 213
Having problems with my house too, the 4 houses on the right, top left house doesn’t want to work though... pretty much tried everything, from creating (somewhat) a was for npc’s To traverse floors to breaking houses down and relocating them. No matter what I have done they just don’t want to move there. The houses are identical, so I don’t know what’s wrong. (I’m on Mobile, so no fancy houseing etitor I’m afraid)
Hmm. I note that one (and only that one) also has platforms directly outside the door. See if removing those helps.

Back
Top Bottom