PC Can't find the tavernkeep npc

cash4cushion

Duke Fishron
hi,
Now that the 1.3.4 update is out, I'm having trouble finding the new npc. The wiki says that I need to have killed the boc, which I've done. It also says that I need to search in the underground layer, which I am doing. So far, there is no sign of him. Am I doing something wrong or am I just incredibly unlucky?
I've been trying for several hours now so surely he should have arrived by now??

I've found him!!!!
He was in the underworld, i used a hunter potion and he was just lying there. Time to catch up on the event

I spent a good while searching for him. While in the caverns for an hr a goblin invasion started. Warped home after a while and beat off the goblins and went to sell some stuff and lo and behold...
Capture 2016-11-15 23_48_30.png

Sometimes it pays to stay home. Another account found him floating in a pond in the jungle.

I've found him om both my worlds now. The first was on the surface, the second was in the cavern layer just laying on the edge of a cliff.

I found him on the surface so I was lucky, but I knew people that couldn’t find him for weeks

Think you almost have to be trying to avoid him by now.

So far as I know, he's pretty much like any other spawn. To force the issue, just run 44 ropes straight up from some more or less flat spot on the surface, and wait for the lifeform analyzer to tell you about the sleeping man. Climb/drop back to the surface. If you don't see him, go one direction until you do. If the notification goes away head the other direction quickly and you might be able to get back in range before he despawns.

Yeah, it might mean you have to sit still and not do anything for 5 minutes or so. Problem being?

why did the tavernkeep not spawning i defeated brain of cthulhu but why is he not spawn my world is in post-moon lord and duke fishron doesnt spawn in my world i have a truffle worm and i tried spawning him in the ocean whats wrong with my world journey world or i just set spawn to 0 that time

Attachments

• The_Cove_of_Crimson 2.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 31
why did the tavernkeep not spawning i defeated brain of cthulhu but why is he not spawn my world is in post-moon lord and duke fishron doesnt spawn in my world i have a truffle worm and i tried spawning him in the ocean whats wrong with my world journey world or i just set spawn to 0 that time
You haven't defeated Brain of Cthulhu or Eater of Worlds, you need to defeat one of them before Tavernkeep can spawn, Duke Fishron make sure you have the Truffle Worm in the top of your ammo slot and are fishing in a large body of water.

TEdit v4.15.0 The_Cove_of_Crimson  2.wld 8_19_2023 2_52_40 AM.png

Last edited:
this is like my 4th time killing brain of cthulhu also i managed to spawn duke fishron after that there is no aether in my world or i just dig in the wrong side but i dig on the jungle side so i may have dig on the wrong spot

this is like my 4th time killing brain of cthulhu also i managed to spawn duke fishron after that there is no aether in my world or i just dig in the wrong side but i dig on the jungle side so i may have dig on the wrong spot
If brain is dead then it just just about exploring the map and waiting to find him

i found it in the caverns but truffle won’t spawn in the floating mushroom biome it is too small or what and the zoologist disappeard still no aether on the same side so i will find it on the other side of the world which probably do not have aether.

i found it in the caverns but truffle won’t spawn in the floating mushroom biome it is too small or what
Make sure it's 100 mushroom grass tiles

and the zoologist disappeard still no aether on the same side so i will find it on the other side of the world which probably do not have aether.
If you do not find the aether inbetween the jungle and the ocean then it won't be on the other
1693046001498.png

Back
Top Bottom