Xbox One Can't join/host multiplayer games

Stehamthegod

Terrarian
Hello, a friend and I have been trying to play Terraria together for sometime now.

We have both tried hosting, new characters, new worlds, forwarded our ports (7777), we both have xbox live gold.

We are on xbox version 1.0.983.5 (which is what xbox downloaded, there are no available updates)

Does anyone have the solution to this?

Hello, a friend and I have been trying to play Terraria together for sometime now.

We have both tried hosting, new characters, new worlds, forwarded our ports (7777), we both have xbox live gold.

We are on xbox version 1.0.983.5 (which is what xbox downloaded, there are no available updates)

Does anyone have the solution to this?
Hi there @Stehamthegod, sorry to hear you’re having trouble playing the game with your friend.

See if this article regarding your NAT (Network Address Translation) Type helps, courtesy of another forum member r4v1n6: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/nat-error-solution

Have you tried sending an Invite to your friend, while you are in a multiplayer game?

On the network settings page, what does the NAT Status say? If it's not "Open", then you did the port forwarding wrong.

Using port 7777 for your console is not really recommended. That port is commonly used by the pc version of Terraria. If you at some point decide to play multiplayer on pc that might interfere with things, unless you change the rule in the router to point to the pc instead.
The default Xbox port is 3074, although you can use any port you want under Network>Advanced settings.
Don't forget to lock down your console's IP address so it doesn't change when it's restarted.

To make life easier for you and your friend, I recommend you enable UPnP in the router instead of messing with port forwarding. Your console will then be able to configure suitable port forwarding rules in the router by itself.

Back
Top Bottom