PS4 Can't join or Host a game.

janniy

Terrarian
Hi,

me and a friend just bought Terraria for Ps4. we cant play online because everytime he joins he gets the message Network error and i get the message ???Left. The other way around its the same except he sees my Username instead of the ???. I tried opening ports for the PS4 but that didnt help.
I hope this gets fixed soon or someone finds a workaround...

thanks for your help

How exactly do you go about when connecting? When 1.3 first came out on console, the Multiplayer->Join menu were broken. I don't know if that is still the case. A workaround was found. First the host uses Multiplayer->Host and play to set up a multiplayer session. Second, send out invites to friends using the Friends menu. (Apparently once the host is up and running, friends can also join through the Friends menu.)

Another issue related to this is that any member of Communities that you are a part of, can also join as if they were friends. The only known workaround to prevent this is to leave all communities.

How exactly do you go about when connecting? When 1.3 first came out on console, the Multiplayer->Join menu were broken. I don't know if that is still the case. A workaround was found. First the host uses Multiplayer->Host and play to set up a multiplayer session. Second, send out invites to friends using the Friends menu. (Apparently once the host is up and running, friends can also join through the Friends menu.)
First we tried it with the join menu and then via invite. Even with an Invite neither of us could connect to the other. The person joining is always stuck at the screen "100% resetting gameobjects" and then the connection breaks.

Hmm, I'm getting increasingly convinced that there is a issue with online multiplayer on PS4. It may have been going on since the previous update (the one before the last update). I have been trying to help some people with this issue since november last year. Unfortunately they didn't have the stamina to see it through, but I think we managed to rule out internet connection and port forwarding as culprits, in at least 2 cases.

From your other posts, you seem knowledgable about networking, so I have no doubt that your setup is ok.

I strongly recommend that you make a report in the Console Bug Reports section first, so that others may be able to chime in. Then notify Pipeworks through their bug reporting form, linking back to the report thread. I would do this myself if it weren't for the fact that I don't have a PS4.

yeah i lernad pretty much in the last days trying to solve this bug. i'm gonna try what you suggested.
Thanks for your help

Back
Top Bottom