PC Can't Load Into Any Worlds At All

asianshooter

Terrarian
I bought this game a year ago and finally decided to play it. I installed the game and created a player and a world but I can't seem to load into any world I create. I've tried creating multiple worlds and each time I try to load in I'm just stuck on an endless loading screen. I've tried reinstalling the game multiple times and tried reinstalling it on my HD and SSD. I've also verified the integrity of game files multiple times and each time it tells me that "1 file failed to validate and will be reacquired.".

This is the screen I'm stuck on every time I attempt to load into a world:

1636774003780.png

When you go to create a character, there are 4 different difficulty options for the character.
  • Journey
  • Classic
  • Mediumcore
  • Hardcore
It appears that you are creating a journey mode character. That's fine, however, when you go to create a world, the world must also be created in journey mode. Try creating a new world but select the journey option instead of classic.

No worries... A lot about the game is unclear. (Honestly, I am unsure why that is even a restriction, except for "achievements". Each map could be just changed to that type, to match the "game play mode". Demanding that your mode matches any other in multiplayer.)

Back
Top Bottom