Mobile Can't login to Google to access cloud saves.

This will be addressed in the upcoming 1.3 update for mobile, I presume. There doesn't seem to be a solution/workaround for the current version, unfortunately.

How do you know about the next version 1.3? I would like to have it too or at least be aware of that ^^

Lol its not really working to me because i dont download terraria on play store. Lol im really poor. My terraria on mobile is just pirated from: <link removed by moderator> . really sad because i dont have original version :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Its look like this if it dont work.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-11-27-17-24-51.png
    Screenshot_2018-11-27-17-24-51.png
    67.9 KB · Views: 273
Lol its not really working to me because i dont download terraria on play store. Lol im really poor. My terraria on mobile is just pirated from: the Internet. really sad because i dont have original version :(
I don't know if you're breaking the rules or not, but it specifically said no posting links/videos/tips on where to get a pirated Terraria. Also, your copy of the game can't be helped by anyone since it's from an illegitimate source.

I also know how it feels when you can't buy an original copy of the game, but you can save up and buy it in the future!

Lol its not really working to me because i dont download terraria on play store. Lol im really poor. My terraria on mobile is just pirated from: <link removed by moderator> . really sad because i dont have original version :(
Posting links to get pirated Terraria or any other game is not permitted. Whatever you do with your own device is up to you, but please do not come here to the official Terraria forums and share that information. Please read our rules about this here, as posting pirated links may result in your account being deactivated: Policy clarification concerning Piracy and Scam Links

My son just got a new Samsung (full Android) tablet for his birthday. He has an old Amazon Kindle Fire 7 (psuedo-Android, no Google Play). He wants to save off his latest chars/worlds from his old tablet to my Drive, so we can load them on his new tablet. We cannot sign into google drive on the old Fire tablet. Terraria's main screen's "g+ Sign in" button, AND the "Cloud Save" buttons both throw me to a page:

403. That’s an error.

Error: disallowed_useragent

Google can’t sign you in safely inside this app. You can use Google sign-in by visiting this app’s website in a browser like Safari or Chrome.

Learn more

Request Details
That’s all we know.

How you doing Terraria devs?

Google shut off access to apps using the OAUTH method of accessing the cloud some time ago, without warning. I'm pretty sure this applies to all versions of the app currently in the stores.

In the upcoming update, we hope to have a method to import both the cloud saves and the local saves reliably into the new version, and to have a cloud save feature that will be compatible

For now, though, there's not much we can do. Don't delete the app(s) from the devices, though. That will cause all saved data to be irretrievably lost. Also don't delete files saved to Google Drive now, in hopes that they can be retrieved when the new version comes out (we hope soon, but no firm release dates yet).

Google shut off access to apps using the OAUTH method of accessing the cloud some time ago, without warning. I'm pretty sure this applies to all versions of the app currently in the stores.

In the upcoming update, we hope to have a method to import both the cloud saves and the local saves reliably into the new version, and to have a cloud save feature that will be compatible

For now, though, there's not much we can do. Don't delete the app(s) from the devices, though. That will cause all saved data to be irretrievably lost. Also don't delete files saved to Google Drive now, in hopes that they can be retrieved when the new version comes out (we hope soon, but no firm release dates yet).

-----------------------

Thank you so much!

I've searched far and wide and knowing that it may be out of my control for now is reassuring.

Any update on this? I've got a Galaxy S7 Edge with the Amazon app store version. I see that 1.3 is now available - however the Amazon app store appears glitched as it shows up in my "Updates" tab but only with an "open" link, no option to update.

I have the same 403 error when I try to login to Google Cloud to store my character/world in the cloud. My thought was to uninstall Terraria and then try downloading again from Amazon to get 1.3... however if I do this, I am going to lose my save because I have no ability to use cloud saves.

Any update on this? I've got a Galaxy S7 Edge with the Amazon app store version. I see that 1.3 is now available - however the Amazon app store appears glitched as it shows up in my "Updates" tab but only with an "open" link, no option to update.

I have the same 403 error when I try to login to Google Cloud to store my character/world in the cloud. My thought was to uninstall Terraria and then try downloading again from Amazon to get 1.3... however if I do this, I am going to lose my save because I have no ability to use cloud saves.
We're checking with Amazon to see why your device isn't showing an update for you - it should, as far as we can tell.
Even if you attempted to uninstall/reinstall, it's not clear right now whether that would work, so I would hold off on that if you can. You would lose your local data for that, and perhaps with no positive result.

You could try this: if you log in to Amazon on a computer, and go to the store page there, do you have the option to 'deliver' the app to your Galaxy? It might work to push the update to your device, rather than pull it from the device itself.

As far as the cloud saves you had on Google from 1.2 - once you get 1.3 on your device, you should be able to manually transfer those saves and have them converted for use in 1.3. The following guides should explain how to do this.

I hadn't thought of getting it to deliver through the Amazon web interface, that's a good idea! Unfortunately no go though - I think because Amazon knows its already on the device, it won't let me deliver it (only had the option to deliver it to my Fire Stick - other device shows up with a green check mark next to it but can't be selected).

It sounds like this probably is an Amazon issue so I'll also open a ticket with them... fingers crossed!''

Update: I was able to get the update to work by logging out of the Amazon App Store and then back in!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom