Xbox 360 Can't open or place any chests, safe and piggy bank still work

Grymbolt

Terrarian
All of a sudden I can't open any of the chests in my world (xBox 360). I created a new chest and it won't allow me to place it. I can break a chest and it goes in my inventory but I can not place it again. Not sure what happens to the items inside. Sucks because I had all my best equipment stored in those chests (a LOT of time/effort to lose) and have spent a lot of time building structures. Also noticed a strange band of dirt at the far edge of the world from top to bottom. I didn't exit without saving or while saving. Frustrating.

Last edited:
If you haven't already I recommend not saving while the world is in this state. Much higher chances of it being reversed. Sorry if this is a stupid question but have you tried reloading the world? Or uninstalling and reinstalling the Terraria game? (Not your saves)

If you haven't already I recommend not saving while the world is in this state. Much higher chances of it being reversed. Sorry if this is a stupid question but have you tried reloading the world? Or uninstalling and reinstalling the Terraria game? (Not your saves)

Did reload the world and restart the game and xbox, but didn't reinstall the game. Made a different world and brought a chest along to that world and it placed and opened normally, empty of course. So weeks of work lost in that chest. Little worried about spending anymore time on the game though, if worlds can get corrupted so easily. Need a much better backup/save process for the game.

Did reload the world and restart the game and xbox, but didn't reinstall the game. Made a different world and brought a chest along to that world and it placed and opened normally, empty of course. So weeks of work lost in that chest. Little worried about spending anymore time on the game though, if worlds can get corrupted so easily. Need a much better backup/save process for the game.
Ah ok, well you could contact 505 directly through the links in my sig, they should get back to you after a while.

You say that like it is a good thing. Also, just don't save the game will you can't open the chest, otherwise it wont be fixed.
i guess it sucks to suck because it auto friken saved so i had to make a new world and yes it did kinda look like i was saying that like it is a good thing but it is not

Eu entro no Mundo, OS Baús NÃO Abrem mas PODEM Ser removidos, porem nos outros mundos , os baús não estão bug

Alright earlier today I was fighting the twins right? I put my valuables in a chest (Just in case I died over lava) and I kill them, then I go to eat lunch and when I come back all my npcs are gone so I'm like that sucks ill have to wait.. then! I can't open any of my chests so basically I have to start over. Unless someone knows a way to get it back.

I don't have a backup. :(

Alright earlier today I was fighting the twins right? I put my valuables in a chest (Just in case I died over lava) and I kill them, then I go to eat lunch and when I come back all my npcs are gone so I'm like that sucks ill have to wait.. then! I can't open any of my chests so basically I have to start over. Unless someone knows a way to get it back.

I don't have a backup. :(
As for the NPCs, maybe monsters could have broke into your base and killed them. If that's so, can you supply a pic for it?

As for the chests, i have no idea how that occurs. @Nike Leon, got any speculations?

Back
Top Bottom