Xbox 360 Can't open or place any chests, safe and piggy bank still work

Sadly yes. My brother exited to see if it would go away before I woke up. I seriously lost everything because we had done a battle arena the night before with limited weapons. I lost:
5 light discs
Flamethrower
Mega shark
Ichor shot
100+ chrlophyte bar
150+ adamanite
100+ Hallowed Bar
And every other thing I collected for the last 3 months

Sadly yes. My brother exited to see if it would go away before I woke up. I seriously lost everything because we had done a battle arena the night before with limited weapons. I lost:
5 light discs
Flamethrower
Mega shark
Ichor shot
100+ chrlophyte bar
150+ adamanite
100+ Hallowed Bar
Dang man I'm really sorry :( Sadly, it's been overwritten now that you've saved so there really isn't any hope of getting it back :(

Hello can i join you guys... Ya know so i can cry that a giant wall of dirt crushed the right side of my world which is where i had most of my stuff...... Ill just sit in that corner

5 light discs
Flamethrower
Mega shark
Ichor shot
100+ chrlophyte bar
150+ adamanite
100+ Hallowed Bar
Your lucky, as you hadn't lost:
80+ plat
sniper
3 chain guns
vampire knives
terra blade
horseman's blade
nrth pole
+ much more.

this is not very fun for me.

Well I had the same thing happen, and since everyone wants to play the lucky game, you are all lucky because you didn't lose:

Nearly 2-3 of every single item except:
Orange bloodroot and a Paladin's Hammer

had, well I guess 99% completion, except for the 2 previous mentioned items, all trophies done, all weapons, all craft items, all armor, you get the point, so anyways,
loaded my world, no chests would open,
so I was like effff that, not saving, dashboarded , reloaded Terraria, same thing, waited few days, still broken, and same issue with can break chests, but can't place them, had farms for all key molds, boss farms, just, oh my god, and then about 2 weeks ago, the right third of that map cut off.

My reccomendation, have a small world, build a decent sized room, have chests with all your items in it, use your other worlds for farming, but have a chest world
ONLY for your items and important stuff, almost have everything back, funny thing was I found a paladin's hammer about 2 days after it happened,
but on your chest world, don't explore the map, don't get npc's, and when you load that world, NEVER online, be in there for a few minutes, do what you do, get out of there, not taking that chance again. If I lose everything again, never playing Terraria again.....

Well I had the same thing happen, and since everyone wants to play the lucky game, you are all lucky because you didn't lose:

Nearly 2-3 of every single item except:
Orange bloodroot and a Paladin's Hammer

had, well I guess 99% completion, except for the 2 previous mentioned items, all trophies done, all weapons, all craft items, all armor, you get the point, so anyways,
loaded my world, no chests would open,
so I was like effff that, not saving, dashboarded , reloaded Terraria, same thing, waited few days, still broken, and same issue with can break chests, but can't place them, had farms for all key molds, boss farms, just, oh my god, and then about 2 weeks ago, the right third of that map cut off.

My reccomendation, have a small world, build a decent sized room, have chests with all your items in it, use your other worlds for farming, but have a chest world
ONLY for your items and important stuff, almost have everything back, funny thing was I found a paladin's hammer about 2 days after it happened,
but on your chest world, don't explore the map, don't get npc's, and when you load that world, NEVER online, be in there for a few minutes, do what you do, get out of there, not taking that chance again. If I lose everything again, never playing Terraria again.....
Did you have any stacks of items that shouldn't be stackable?

Did you have any stacks of items that shouldn't be stackable?

Nope, my theory on what happened, bunch of people jumped into my world, and I think somebody put something in a box wasn't supposed to be there. Everything on that world was normal, non-modded, non-duped, as about as regular as it gets. Short answer is, worlds never coming back, and I'm going back to minecraft, atleast in minecraft people can't bring things into my world. And I have the option to turn off their build ability, terraria, if you're game is online, and people join, they can :red: up whatever they want. Ok, so let's leave the world invite-only like it was, go to the bathroom right quick, come back, and there's about 7 people running around, I can hear kids screaming, and of course they're blowing up my house.

Really need to get some moderator options.

Nope, my theory on what happened, bunch of people jumped into my world, and I think somebody put something in a box wasn't supposed to be there. Everything on that world was normal, non-modded, non-duped, as about as regular as it gets. Short answer is, worlds never coming back, and I'm going back to minecraft, atleast in minecraft people can't bring things into my world. And I have the option to turn off their build ability, terraria, if you're game is online, and people join, they can :red: up whatever they want. Ok, so let's leave the world invite-only like it was, go to the bathroom right quick, come back, and there's about 7 people running around, I can hear kids screaming, and of course they're blowing up my house.

Really need to get some moderator options.
Yeah some more control would be nice. You should have been able to exit without saving though.

Yeah some more control would be nice. You should have been able to exit without saving though.

As soon as I saw it happening, exactly what I did, came back, everything was screwed, might've got me on an auto-save or something while I had walked away, not all of their destruction was saved, and turning off auto-save, only seems to control when leaving the world, once in a while chests and things just save themselves. But yeah, came back, everything was effed.

Off topic, but currently farming another RoD, this is gonna be a while....only had like 10 spectral everything banners drop in the meantime, and hey, look at those 2 hallowed key molds....LOLZ, couple trifolds, magic daggers, necklaces,
Only irritating thing is I can't find a decent way to deal with rune wizards when they show up...and there's quite a few that keep spawning

As soon as I saw it happening, exactly what I did, came back, everything was screwed, might've got me on an auto-save or something while I had walked away, not all of their destruction was saved, and turning off auto-save, only seems to control when leaving the world, once in a while chests and things just save themselves. But yeah, came back, everything was effed.
If you were gone more than 5 mins I'm sure it did autosave. Sorry man.
Off topic, but currently farming another RoD, this is gonna be a while....only had like 10 spectral everything banners drop in the meantime, and hey, look at those 2 hallowed key molds....LOLZ, couple trifolds, magic daggers, necklaces,
Only irritating thing is I can't find a decent way to deal with rune wizards when they show up...and there's quite a few that keep spawning
You're right that is off topic. Please post that somewhere else. :)

All of a sudden I can't open any of the chests in my world (xBox 360). I created a new chest and it won't allow me to place it. I can break a chest and it goes in my inventory but I can not place it again. Not sure what happens to the items inside. Sucks because I had all my best equipment stored in those chests (a LOT of time/effort to lose) and have spent a lot of time building structures. Also noticed a strange band of dirt at the far edge of the world from top to bottom. I didn't exit without saving or while saving. Frustrating.
Were your files corrupted?

A similar issue with characters is constantly happening on my friend's Kindle Fire 1s. When it happens, all characters are deleted. Everything! Unfortunately there were no backups so my poor friends have to start new characters, in a hard mode world. Oh my goodness...

Back
Top Bottom