Xbox 360 Can't open or place any chests, safe and piggy bank still work

Did you save the game while your world was like this? If you can get out without saving, that might help. But it seems like (from other posts) that if you save it like this it may stay corrupted.

See other posts from other users that seem to be having the same problem for more info
Blambles' post
Grymbolt's post
Kieran Goodlad's post
Metaknight's post
I thought saving would help for some reason but it didn't so yeah no hope
I've moved your post into Grymbolt's since we don't allow duplicate topics and you seem to be having the same issue. Simply put, your save seems to have been corrupted, this most often is caused due to exiting Terraria before a save has finished properly though with the growing number of reports it may be an actual bug in the system. Please report every detail you can remember to 505 at http://www.505games.com/contact

The other day i loaded my world and saw that all my npc's were gone and there was a block of dirt covering half the map. :(

"A" block of dirt? As in, a single block enlarged over many tiles? Or just a large chunk of dirt blocks?

Can you open up any chests? There's been reports of missing NPCs, blocks of dirt, and chests not being able to be opened. Don't save your world if it's like this.

See this other post and maybe it has more info for you.

This is what happens when you turn off your console while the game is saving. You world is a huge chunk of dirt, and nothing but dirt. This cannot be fixed.

Does anyone experiencing this bug have any of these items?
Unavailable items - all platforms: ALL developer armors, vanity items, and wings; Red potion.
Developer items are those identified as Red's, Cenx's, Aaron's, Crowno's, D-Town's, Jim's, and Will's - only those specific developers may use the items on any platform.

Unavailable items - console platforms: Coin gun (not fully implemented due to differences in coin handling features.)

Unreleased (future) items - all platforms:
S.D.M.G, Steampunk Wings, Gravity Globe, White Tuxedo, Coal.
If so, they're likely the reason your saves were corrupted.

I don't get that, I've had red's wings for a while and nothing happens. I never turned off my console while exiting and saving, no dirt blocks are there, my issue is I can't open my chests, piggy bank works and my npc's are coming back ( I'm also bad at keeping them alive :p )

I don't get that, I've had red's wings for a while and nothing happens. I never turned off my console while exiting and saving, no dirt blocks are there, my issue is I can't open my chests, piggy bank works and my npc's are coming back ( I'm also bad at keeping them alive :p )
What don't you get?

The unobtainable's corrupting saves is just a theory of mine, it hasn't actually been verified or proven.

I have the same problem I can't open chests but also some of my world hasn't loaded so I can't get to my dungeon I just fall straight to the bottom

Back
Top Bottom