Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Mac Other
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Playing on a 2019 MacBook Pro, 13-inch model.

Whenever I set my resolution to 2048x1280, I'm unable to play at 100% zoom. The game automatically sets zoom to 107%, and it won't let me adjust it to 100% (the slider "begins" at 107%). This happens in both fullscreen and windowed mode. Is this expected behavior?

This is expected behavior. There is a maximum supported zoom level/resolution combination, after which the game's resolution is forced to start zooming slightly, because the game isn't meant to run at such resolutions still in 100% zoom. (There is only so much on-screen content supposed to be shown at once, basically)

If you were to be at an even larger resolution, it would be even more forced zoom.

This is expected behavior. There is a maximum supported zoom level/resolution combination, after which the game's resolution is forced to start zooming slightly, because the game isn't meant to run at such resolutions still in 100% zoom. (There is only so much on-screen content supposed to be shown at once, basically)

If you were to be at an even larger resolution, it would be even more forced zoom.
I see, thanks for the reply!!!

FYI: Mobs generally spawn offscreen, so if you could see further, then either:
  • You would see mobs spawning when you are not supposed to. (Mobs don't have a spawn animation so you would see them pop into existence.)
  • Changing screen resolution would change where mobs spawned. (Graphics settings should not influence gameplay.)

Back
Top Bottom