Xbox One Can't purchase any items from NPC's

This is a major problem and is seriously halting my progress. I can't even reforge my weapons or armor. I am able to sell items to the vendors but I cannot buy from them. I've tried reseting the game, Closing my world, making a new world, trying on another character, rerouting my controls. Nothing.

This is a major problem and is seriously halting my progress. I can't even reforge my weapons or armor. I am able to sell items to the vendors but I cannot buy from them. I've tried reseting the game, Closing my world, making a new world, trying on another character, rerouting my controls. Nothing.
What controller scheme are you using? Try using Advanced scheme and see if you still have the same issue.

What controller scheme are you using? Try using Advanced scheme and see if you still have the same issue.
I use classic. I've tried switching between controls and even now I just tried using Advanced. Still not letting me purchase anything. I have more than enough coins.

I use classic. I've tried switching between controls and even now I just tried using Advanced. Still not letting me purchase anything. I have more than enough coins.
Can you get a screenshot of trying to interact with an NPC’s shop? Can you open the shop, what button do you have mapped for purchasing? Without more info all I can say is “it should work”. :)

ce7f18fc-8b62-4baa-a7d1-9f947c87e892.png

Thanks, I didn't even notice it wasn't mapped.
So, I went into the settings and it does say I have a button mapped to it. I tried switching the button to "X" or even the right trigger, it's still not showing the "Buy" option.

Last edited:
Thanks, I didn't even notice it wasn't mapped.
So, I went into the settings and it does say I have a button mapped to it. I tried switching the button to "X" or even the right trigger, it's still not showing the "Buy" option.
I know this may be obvious, but it can be easily overlooked - are you making sure to “Apply” the changes.

I am, I was actually really worried that was the problem but after I hit the "Apply" button it still didn't show up.
Hi there @Netherblazer523 there was a patch update sent out today that has some fixes/changes to controller settings. See if you still have this issue after downloading the new update.

FIXED (Oct 7 - Release v1.4.0.5.4.3, Build 759)
  • Fixed autosave bug
  • Fixed the black screen sync bug
  • Fixed a crash when fighting Empress of Light
  • Fixed a crash after long play times
  • Fixed a crash in very old world saves
  • Fixed hotbar navigation affecting player movement
  • Fixed housing query controller bindings (Players will have to go into settings and rechoose from Classic, Advanced or Simplified again or bind the Housing Query setting)
  • Fixed research not consuming the held item stack
  • Fixed mouse conflicting in split screen pause menu
  • Fixed PS4 offscreen mouse cursor
  • Fixed PS4 trophy for Empress of Light
  • Added shoulder combo hint on screen
  • Added more controller bindings on screen
  • Added safe region settings in game
  • Added support for PS4 touchpad button

More known issues and FAQ here: Journey's End on XBox and PlayStation - Known Issues and FAQ

Thanks for letting me know. So, I installed the update, fiddled around with the binding settings and still have the same problem. I can try and provide a video or further screenshots if that would help.

Thanks for letting me know. So, I installed the update, fiddled around with the binding settings and still have the same problem. I can try and provide a video or further screenshots if that would help.
If you only use the Advanced scheme, or only use Redigit's Pick, and don't customize any buttons at all, does it work?

Edited to add: Sorry, forgot Redigit's Pick was coming soon and that it's not in yet.

Last edited:
I don't actually see Redigits Pick but, I did try what you suggested and it's still the same issue sadly.

- Just refreshed the page, you're all good

What type of controller scheme are you using? Classic? Redigit’s Pick?

Back
Top Bottom