Xbox One Can't transfer Terraria map.

Clancy117

Skeletron Prime
Ok so I had a save on my 360 ready for transfer. My character transferred ok but I realized when I transferred my map that it was an older version without the minecart rail system so I went back on my 360 and re-uploaded the character and map but when I got back on my Xbox one and deleted my character and map and re-downloaded my saves only my character successfully downloaded and the game crashed every time I tried to re-download my map. Could it be because when I deleted my stuff the second time I accidentally deleted my character before my map and because the updated last gen map obviously has the same name as the outdated upload it's confusing the game somehow and causing it to crash because the deleted file is still present in the hard drive? (I'm aware that deleting something just marks it for overwrite and doesn't actually get rid of the file completely).

Last edited:
Yes, until they fix it, I think you'll have to do that. If you want, you can confirm by creating a new world and placing a sign/tombstone/renamed chest and transferring to Xbox One.
Then you remove the sign and transfer again.

Last edited:
Damnit I must have either missed one or something else is causing it to freeze still. Do I have to remove the chests completely?

None of the transferred worlds worked?

It's a bug, so I made a post on the Bug Reports section.

Did you also remove all tombstones in your world? Every single tombstone.

If that doesn't work, you may have modded stacks in your world.

I hope so. I'm trying to change some other things too in hopes that I can get it through. If the earlier save made it through then there must be some way to get the up to date version of the map with the subway system transferred. I've been looking up videos like this one on how to fix it: [VID/]
[/VID]

I don't recall having anything modded on my map but I've met a few modders. Hopefully they didn't leave they're stuff behind.

Still trying...

None of the transferred worlds worked?

It's a bug, so I made a post on the Bug Reports section.

Did you also remove all tombstones in your world? Every single tombstone.

Pardon me, but exactly how in the world would you go about finding every single tombstone that you ever made? You could go back thru tunnels for days and still miss one!
I've never modded anything or even created a sign. I also tidied up my treasure chests as suggested in a YouTube video. But none of my 3 worlds will transfer from the 360 to the Xbox one.
Any suggestions would be be appreciated.

Pardon me, but exactly how in the world would you go about finding every single tombstone that you ever made? You could go back thru tunnels for days and still miss one!
I've never modded anything or even created a sign. I also tidied up my treasure chests as suggested in a YouTube video. But none of my 3 worlds will transfer from the 360 to the Xbox one.
Any suggestions would be be appreciated.
It is a frustrating issue, I agree. I’m sorry I don’t have any solutions or workaround, however, DR Studios have taken over the console development and are working on bringing the 1.4 update to the PS4 and XBox One version, then to the Switch version. So hopefully this issue won’t be present when that releases. There’s no guarantee though.

There’s no estimated release date, but you can always read the most up to date Console news here:
Console - 505 Games/Pipeworks Studio

It is a frustrating issue, I agree. I’m sorry I don’t have any solutions or workaround, however, DR Studios have taken over the console development and are working on bringing the 1.4 update to the PS4 and XBox One version, then to the Switch version. So hopefully this issue won’t be present when that releases. There’s no guarantee though.

There’s no estimated release date, but you can always read the most up to date Console news here:
Console - 505 Games/Pipeworks Studio
I know zero about coding but it seems like the answer to the issue depends on the answer to the following question.
Which is easier for the developers to program, an update that allows a player to locate all of their tombstones (or other problematic items) on the map OR fix the error in the programming that is not allowing for worlds with the aforementioned items to transfer?
Whichever is the easier fix howsabought jumping on that since when researching this problem it seems to be an old and persistent one.
Thank you for your time.

Back
Top Bottom