Map-PvP Capture the Gem (Looking for Suggestions)

Master Geass

Terrarian
I have been thinking about making a map for team PvP matches. As I will be using a lot of teleporters and other stuff I wanted to restrict the items a bit. The rules are you have to start with a new character and toss your starting items. Then get into your color coded teleporters that take you to your team spawn. There you have to set your spawn and collect the items I give to each team. All the teams have the same items, same number of items, and same bases. You aren't allowed to enter the spawn of another team and I will put one way teleporters to enforce that. You aren't allowed to destroy or place blocks so I can't put in any items that can do that. Also no recall items this is CtG and I don't want the gem getting into the spawn. I nixed the Teleportation potion as there is no telling where you would wind up and you might not be able to get back.

Item's that are banded:
  • All pickaxes, drills, and hammers
  • Dirt Rod and Sandgun
  • Bombs and Dynamite
  • Wings
  • Shrimpy Truffle, Cosmic Car Key, and Drill Containment Unit
  • Magic Mirror/Ice Mirror, Recall Potion, Wormhole Potion, Cell Phone, or Teleportation Potion
  • Wrenches and Wire Cutters
  • Voodoo Doll (Dropping it in lava anyway)

This map is still in the planing stages. I want to give each team armor, weapons, and accessories to start with. I haven't decided what tier of armor and weapons yet. I am open for discussions on what. Right now I am thinking at least Iron but no higher then platinum. Each player would get a sword and I am thinking about even everyone a Wooden Bow and Want of Sparking/Amethyst Staff. I am on the fence about giving them Endless Quiver. I will give just as many shackles but with different modifiers.

Although I will give enough of the same items for up to 10 players on each team I will also give them one or two of certain items. I plan on giving each team a Phaseblade (Likely with a bad modifier) and one or two of the gem robes with Wizard Hats of the team color. I was wondering what other items to start them with. I want to give a few better weapons for the different classes. Like one set of gold armor and some mid staff. Also one or two full ninja sets. One of the gem hooks as well. Uniformity I have also noted that the Ruby and Emerald hooks and robes have better stats then the Sappier and Topaz ones. I could just give them dyes but I though it would be cool to color code them.

There will be chests hidden all over the map. Some you will have to fight mobs to get to. Others will have traps. I am open on how to design the mini areas where I have hidden the better items. Like a bunch of meteorite around a chest so you would have to fight off Meteor Heads to get to it.

Each team will have a base. Each base is the same and will have points to defend. Some doors can be closed to keep players from entering but opening them would give you another way into the enemy base and accesses to more equipment. There will be more then one way in and out of the base. They would have built in defenses they would have to be manned by a player or left on their own. Just above ground level there would be platforms where you could shoot players at. They would be high enough that attacking players couldn't enter unless they have a hook, cloud in a bottle, or balloon. I was also thinking about putting a bridge that players could actuate on/off, but there would be switches on both sides so there would always be a way in. There would also be extra ways in and out. The lever would be deep enough side the base that attackers couldn't get at them without coming in another way. Opening them could give you access to your enemy bass as well as new items, but also leave your base open to attack.

Last edited:
I haven't read all of it, but the phase-sabers are useful weapons for pvp, since all of them are the same damage and speed. I wish the same was for staves and robes.

Yes, I wanted the phaseblade as they are color coded weapons. I was thinking the same with the gem hooks, staves, and robes but I have noticed they have different stats. Each team would be given a few items to start with. I wanted to give every team the same stuff, with changing colors for some of it like dyes.

Back
Top Bottom