Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Biomes and Structures

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DV Game

Terrarian
Mod is removed from mod browser. Please wait for the new update I am working on now.

Welcome to Carp Mod official discussion! :joy:
This mod will add a lot of interesting fish-themed content to your journey! (sadly, it doesn't add now: we are in an early-WIP state still :golem:)

In plans:
2 new bosses (King Carp and Soul Fish) (King Carp is pre-hardmode, Soul Fish is post-moonlord) [v0.4 / v0.8]
2 mini-bosses (Fish Defender 3000X and Lazer Fish) (Fish Defender 3000X is Fishbot, Lazer Fish is appearing when 60%+ of Fish Army completed) [v0.6 / v0.6]
1 new biome (Fish biome + Underground fish biome, even with own mimic) [v0.5]
1 new mini-biome / structure (Ancient Fish Kingdom, can be found anytime at underground, but joined only after Skeletron, due to Robotized Fish Defenders) [v0.6]
1 new class (Angler) 🎣 (copied mechanic, will be late) [v0.7]
1 new event (Fish Army) (like Goblin Army, but only post-plantera) [v0.6]
1 new House NPC (Fishbot) (found after defeating 3 mechanical bosses in Ancient Fish Kingdom, to unlock NPC you should fight with it) [v0.6]
70+ new weapons and instruments (not including 5-7 OP items) [v0.X]
20+ new NPCs :pumpking:(mostly Fish Army and Fish Biome mobs) [v0.X]
30+ new tiles and furniture (biome stuff, yes) [v0.X]
Balancing some of basic Terraria stuff (will make change list later) [v0.9]
Wiki for Carp Mod (why not, but IDK where) [v1.0 / won't be if mod won't be popular]

New and big lore [v0.5]
Releases:
Next update (v0.4):
New boss: King Carp! 🐟
2. New weapons and instruments from Carp Bars.
3. Total mod icon and description change.
4. Various bug and balance fixes.
5. Developer sets (and items).
v0.3.1 - fixed translation bug
v0.3 - added localization, added mod discussion
v0.2.6 - fixed minor bugs
v0.2.5 - fixed Queen Bee summoning bug
v0.2.4 - added mod to GitHub and added icon for mod
v0.2.3 and lower - don't remember ;)
Developer team:
Coders:
@DV Game
Spriters: none
Musicians:
@squidtronic
Credits:
@Astro.: for making some ideas
@Zillir: for giving me an idea to make this mod
@TheNotVeryEpicness: tried to make sprite, was not bad but not good

Small introduction:
As I said above, the main focus in this mod is adding fish-themed stuff.
Probably will write lore for it someday.

Mod link: Releases · Wers200/KarasMod (get .tmod file from last release and it in Mods folder)
Or just find this mod in Mods Browser as 'КарасьМод'. (in the next update it will be Carp Mod)

Also, join our discord server!

Thanks for checking out my mod, I guess :happy:
P.S. only languages you can use in this discussion is English
and Russian. Will add pictures someday.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:
After v0.4 comes out, this mod will go into a new and clear thread, with new messages and showed progress.
In my opinion, this will attract more people to play this mod. So, wait for a new update! ⏰

Last edited:
не бросай разрабатывать карасьмод!
Я и не собираюсь, есть куча идей которые хочется реализовать хотя бы для себя.
Спасибо за поддержку :)

Last edited:
Well, should I add infinite items for all bullets, arrows, rockets, and miscellaneous? Like you can make Infinite <insert thing there> via 3996 of ammo. I always wanted to do this, so what do you think about it? Please write in my status, what do you think about this idea :kingslime:

Last edited:
minnow bullet, moves at high speeds underwater,
The great white, 200 melee damage, endgame weapon, fished up in the rain at the ocean after Plantera.

minnow bullet, moves at high speeds underwater,
The great white, 200 melee damage, endgame weapon, fished up in the rain at the ocean after Plantera.
Minnow bullet? Sounds interesting. There should be a Minnow arrow as well and these stats for them:

Minnow bullet:
12 damage, hardmode exclusive.
Crafted from 200 High-Velocity Bullets and 5 Fish Bars (dropped from King Carp in ore type)
Always have extremely high velocity, inflicts Poisoned (post-Queen Bee) / Venom (post-plantera) debuff on hit with 10% chance and 3 enemies pierce with 20% damage decrease at next target.
Have 10 enemies pierce (with 5% damage decrease at next target) and damage increased to 18 if it is raining or player have Gills / Sonar / Crates buff.

Minnow arrow:
14 damage, hardmode exclusive.
Crafted from 200 Holy Arrows and 5 Fish Bars. (dropped from King Carp in ore type)
Always have 5 enemies pierce ability with 10% damage decrease at the next target. Bounces off walls (with spending 1 pierce).
Have infinite enemies pierce (no damage decrease, but bouncing is limited to 10 times) and damage increased to 19 if it is raining or player have Gills / Sonar / Crates buff.

About The great white: I think it should be named Stinger Carp and should be an early-hardmode summon weapon (Hallow - mage, Crimson - melee, Corruption - ranged, and Jungle - summoner), which summons buffed Hornet. I have no more ideas for that :)

P.S. Now this mod has Carp-gun and ammo for it. I want to make it just a fun magic weapon, which costs 9 mana per shot. Because... we need fun weapons :)

Last edited:
fish ore. --> Fish Eggs

fish eggs can also craft eggy sushi, which restores 250 hp and give the well fed buff.

Eggy sushi
crafted with 5 fish eggs,
1 rice sack, at a steamer. steamers are crafted with 1 bucket of water, 1 campfire, and 15 bamboo

fish ore. --> Fish Eggs

fish eggs can also craft eggy sushi, which restores 250 hp and give the well fed buff.

Eggy sushi
crafted with 5 fish eggs,
1 rice sack, at a steamer. steamers are crafted with 1 bucket of water, 1 campfire, and 15 bamboo
please wait, let me just make v0.4 for mod, in v0.5 probably will add potions and food as well.

boss and biome idea: colossus squid, spawned in the twilight zone, post Plantera using calamari, fished from ocean..
new biomes: sunlight zone: general ocean in vanilla worlds
twilight zone, a bit below sunlight
midnight zone: too dark to see, requires submarine mount or luminous bubble.
abyss: can not be seen until post moon lord using the moonfish
hadal trench: moon fish only produces small light, summoning area for soul fish.

boss and biome idea: colossus squid, spawned in the twilight zone, post-plantera using calamari, fished from ocean.
new biomes: sunlight zone: general ocean in vanilla worlds
twilight zone, a bit below sunlight
midnight zone: too dark to see, requires submarine mount or luminous bubble.
abyss: can not be seen until post moon lord using the moonfish
hadal trench: moon fish only produces small light, summoning area for soul fish.
That's like copy-pasting of calamity mod abyss idea. about soul fish - I think it will be too hard for just Hadal Trench. You will require a full world for that. Sky will turn black, music will be spoopy and etc. Fish biome (Sunlight Sea, hmm) will spawn after defeating King Carp and will infect an ocean, in which you wasn't when defeated King Carp. Or random if you weren't in the ocean. Under that ocean, there will be an underground fish biome (twilight / core sea?) So it will be like a sunken sea in calamity. And a part of your idea will be implemented.

Also, I like your ideas. Do you want to join Carp Mod as an idea-maker idk? And send me ideas in the conversation? Like it will be good, I think.

sure.

anyways I forgot about the rice

rice is obtained from rice plants which can only be grown on the rice paddies. rice plants are planted using white seeds crafted from grass seeds and white dye. Each rice plant drops double the amount of rice if the player uses a sickle. and 1-5 white seeds will drop. the player can get 1-20 rice grains when they use any tool other than a sickle. rice bags are crafted with 1 cloth and 20 rice grains.

rice can be used in cooking sushi and healing items at a steamer (mentioned above)

sure.

anyways I forgot about the rice

rice is obtained from rice plants which can only be grown on the rice paddies. rice plants are planted using white seeds crafted from grass seeds and white dye. Each rice plant drops double the amount of rice if the player uses a sickle. and 1-5 white seeds will drop. the player can get 1-20 rice grains when they use any tool other than a sickle. rice bags are crafted with 1 cloth and 20 rice grains.

rice can be used in cooking sushi and healing items at a steamer (mentioned above)
well, I added you into the carp mod conversation
rice can grow on Sunlight Sea, ok?

I am done with Carp Gun now and doing boss (King Carp), and the only thing(s) I know it will copy some Duke Fishron mechanics and will be post-EoW/BoC.

P.S. As I see 2 people want biomes/structures and 2 people want vanity/armor/accessories (probably mostly accessories or vanity) stuff (I am not counting my own vote, I mean), so I will do a bunch of developer vanity sets / just vanity (but I need good spriter) in v0.4 (as 1 armor set (fish armor with 4 heads) in v0.4). Biomes and structures - v0.5.

Last edited:
weapon idea: The pufferfish,
136 base melee damage, also its a flail.
fished up in ocean post Plantera.
33% chance to poison enemies.

tooltip:
its a fish on a chain, epic.

weapon idea: The pufferfish,
136 base melee damage, also its a flail.
fished up in ocean post Plantera.
33% chance to poison enemies.

tooltip:
its a fish on a chain, epic.
I will do this like flairon and please, tell me these ideas on discord, it is will be easier to see them probably. also, it will be fished in the underworld and will be lava-themed.
And this thing will be probably in Angler Update, v0.7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom