NPCs & Enemies Carving up carcusses

Xemgoa

Plantera
I love the Monster hunter series, especially about carving off bone, flesh and such of a kill to make some pretty killer gear and items.

I would love there to be a reference to the Monster hunter series in Terraria if all enemies had a chance to drop as a dead carcuss for players to 'carve up' for extra loot or unique items that would be for that enemy. ( I.E. Zombie flesh from zombies, Wyvern scale from Wyvern, etc. )

We have something similar from just killing an enemy and they drop loot, the idea however is that with a tool, like a large knife to cut up game, you may acquire specific loot that isn't gained from drops, using various body parts relative to your enemy to craft unique stuff. Like you would carve up the body of a dead brute wyvern, Piscine wyvern, etc.

Last edited:
Sounds kind of like something that might be applied to a new quest NPC. Although it might also be interesting as a tool that collects gore particles or something.

Unfortunately, monsters already have "trophies" that serve as commemorations of a kill: banners.

Sounds kind of like something that might be applied to a new quest NPC. Although it might also be interesting as a tool that collects gore particles or something.

Unfortunately, monsters already have "trophies" that serve as commemorations of a kill: banners.

Yes but I wish not for banners, I'd like to use their various body parts and segments to make cool armor, weapons, or make unique gadgets or maybe can be used in brewing. Or for the sake of a extra drop.

Yes but I wish not for banners, I'd like to use their various body parts and segments to make cool armor, weapons, or make unique gadgets or maybe can be used in brewing. Or for the sake of a extra drop.
Indeed. Mobs to me these days are just blocks, they should become, more like dungeons. Challenging, but rewarding (Except the water temple, THAT IS NOT REWARDING!)

(Except the water temple, THAT IS NOT REWARDING!)
The main reward the Longshot isn't a bad item, but the best reward you get in the Water Temple is the Dark Link fight.
I look forward to the Water Temple when I play Ocarina of Time, since I know I will be able to once again re-live the epic battle with Dark Link.

I think the Longshot isn't a bad item, but the amazing reward you get in the Water Temple is the Dark Link fight.
I look forward to the Water Temple when I play Ocarina of Time, since I know I will be able to once again re-live the epic battle with Dark Link.
That was the only best thing about it.

(And now, we get to ontopic before the peelers arrive)

I would appreciate it (but I can agree, I'm not too fond of the place either.)

So, any criticism? Or anything to add unto this suggestion?
Nah, everything seems perfect.

Maybe a crafting station where you can use the Carcusses loot to craft epic items (maybe, Archeologist's Table,)
Crafted with
5 Chain
20 Wood
15 Wires
2 Carcusses (not sure what type)

We do that with quite a few enemies already.

It seems pretty pointless to me, given that there's banners for those who want to torture themselves with a pointless treasure hunt, and there's several enemies who drop stuff with which to craft gear.

Redundancy is redundant.

I like the idea of using monster parts in brewing, and it would be great to have some more Armour and Equipment made out of monster parts.
I don't mind killing Hornets in the Jungle for Jungle equipment, since you encounter Hornets often, and they drop Stingers quite frequently.
So I wouldn't mind seeing more of this implemented into Terraria at another point in the game's progression.

We do that with quite a few enemies already.

It seems pretty pointless to me, given that there's banners for those who want to torture themselves with a pointless treasure hunt, and there's several enemies who drop stuff with which to craft gear.

Redundancy is redundant.

Um... if that is your opinion, then I guess I can't change that.

Nah, everything seems perfect.

Maybe a crafting station where you can use the Carcusses loot to craft epic items (maybe, Archeologist's Table,)
Crafted with
5 Chain
20 Wood
15 Wires
2 Carcusses (not sure what type)

Well, you can't gather a carcuss. But it'd be difficult to explain, something like right clicking it with a kukri or similar knife used on hunts, and you get a particular item, as the sound of cutting plays.

Well..

Gel
Hook
Zombie Arm
Lenses
Rotten Chunk
Worm Teeth
Vertabrae
Shadowscale
Tissue Sample
Bone
Feather
Stinger
Vine
Unicorn Horn
Pixie Dust
Cursed Flame
Ichor
All Souls
Ectoplasm

And a lot more.

Stuff like this is already in the game, I believe. It's quite the same thing, just not as gorey. I would like to see more craftable drops though, as usually the RNG is less severe, we get to choose what we do with the drops, and it's just a better sense of accomplishment to craft a sweet new piece of equipment instead of having the item drop already to use, at least to me. Like crafting the thorn chakrum vs having a rocket launcher drop.

Well... -snip-

True, still I said "unique" items, likely something that won't come from a normal, randomized drop. Besides, were looking to much on, "we already have something that--" or "something we already have behaves the same" rather then critiquing this to make it happen, in however way.

I felt carving up a body for one unique item or a random normal item for it's type to give, but a rare chance for one unique item that's relative to the enemy to be obtained.

I am open to suggestions. The idea is that rarely will an enemy drop as a corpse, carve it up like you would do with wild game in Monster hunter, and get various body parts and unique types of loot for it's species to craft cool stuff.

Last edited:
I will say that this concept would require adding a LOT of items with the end result being a lot of redundancy. You want all the enemies to have unique rare corpse drops? Well, on top of all the drops they have now, you need to come up with around 150-200 new drops and crafting recipes to make stuff with them.

I don't think see how this necessary when enemies can just . . . be given drops like normal.

Last edited:
True, still I said "unique" items, likely something that won't come from a normal, randomized drop. Besides, were looking to much on, "we already have something that--" or "something we already have behaves the same" rather then critiquing this to make it happen, in however way.
Gel is unique to slimes (plus gastropod), shadowscales are unique to eater of worlds, feathers are unique to harpies.. I'm not sure what it is you want, as what you want seems to already be in the game, but you're wanting it in the game somehow. We're critiquing the idea based on how you explain it, so if we're all misunderstanding, perhaps you could be more clear on your idea and provide a better example for us. You have your example from another game but that's what we already have.

I felt carving up a body for one unique item or a random normal item for it's type to give, but a rare chance for one unique item that's relative to the enemy to be obtained.
Some enemies have common drops, others have rare drops, some have both common and rare drops. For example, slimes, which have the common gel drop and the rare slime staff. Not really sure what you're wanting here. It seems like you're wanting to carve up carcasses, but if you think of gel as a "slime carcass" or feathers as "harpy carcasses," then we already have that.

I am open to suggestions. The idea is that rarely will an enemy drop as a corpse, carve it up like you would do with wild game in Monster hunter, and get various body parts and unique types of loot for it's species to craft cool stuff.
Devourerers drop rotten chunks and worm teeth.. I feel like I'm just repeating myself here. With what you've been mentioning and asking for, what you want is already in the game.

Back
Top Bottom