Sprites Caryatid Mirror (Pocket Mirror Idea)

Presenting another suggestion!
This time circulating around this lil' guy:
$

(why are you so useless)
What I propose is making this item part of a crafting recipe for a new weapon!
mirror.png

Caryatid Mirror

Mirror of the Gods

Crafting Recipe:
$
1x
$
25x
$
/
$
25x
Summon Weapon:
(Sentinel Type)

Function:
Summons a Doppelganger of yourself that stays still in a position dealing 1/5th your damage.
Aims where the player is aiming.
Would not apply debuffs/buffs such as life regen/On Fire!.

Damage dependent on attack of user.

*Super Crazy Idea*
Since the sentinel's aim isn't of its own...right-click targeting wouldn't be needed sooooo...
What if Right-Clicking switched your position with your Doppelganger in a Rod of Discord fashion?
Caryatid is an architectural term referring to when busts of women are used
to support buildings in a pillar fashion such as this:
caryatidstpancras.jpg

Derived from the "maidens of Karyai" who served under Artemis, goddess of the hunt, chastity, and the moon.
The mirror in question would be a mirror speculated to be used by Aphrodite, goddess of love, that has a similar
style of design:
9479af975cfe6ab5d1bd61886bffc1aa.jpg

Fun Greek lore that fits with the theme of Medusa's drop of the Pocket Mirror! Yay mythology!

Last edited:
I mean, it’s cool, but this isn’t really buffing the Pocket Mirror. What you have created is an entirely separate concept that could be added even without the Pocket Mirror in its recipe.

I think we should just let immunity accessories apply their effects while in the inventory, without being equipped. That solves the Pocket Mirror’s main problem—it would now take up an inventory slot rather than an accessory slot.

I'd thought I just point it out
Really I wouldn't be surprised if no one in this entire forum knew about it
Yeah just feels really random. For example if I just went like:

Oh okay! Let's just ignore the fact that there is a RPG maker horror game called "Entire Forum"

...on one of your ideas that had the words "Entire Forum" in the post :D

I think we should just let immunity accessories apply their effects while in the inventory, without being equipped. That solves the Pocket Mirror’s main problem—it would now take up an inventory slot rather than an accessory slot.

Better than that would be to include Pocket Mirror in Ank Shield's recipe.

Better than that would be to include Pocket Mirror in Ank Shield's recipe.
That is NOT better. It means that the Ankh Shield cannot be crafted without a Pocket Mirror. And the Pocket Mirror is a 1% (2%) drop from an uncommon enemy. Basically, this means no one gets to craft an Ankh Shield anymore, unless they’re willing to waste their lives camping the Marble biome. What a horrible thought.

That is NOT better. It means that the Ankh Shield cannot be crafted without a Pocket Mirror. And the Pocket Mirror is a 1% (2%) drop from an uncommon enemy. Basically, this means no one gets to craft an Ankh Shield anymore, unless they’re willing to waste their lives camping the Marble biome. What a horrible thought.
But the Pocket mirror gives you immunity to petrify, and following logic, it IS better.

But the Pocket mirror gives you immunity to petrify, and following logic, it IS better.
Whatever logic you're using, you'd better explain it to me, because adding yet another ultra-rare item to the list of items required to craft the Ankh Shield is widely going to be considered to be extremely annoying. It will be impossible to own an Ankh Shield without farming the Pocket Mirror first. And that would require hours of standing in a boring minibiome killing Medusas.

I think you need to take a step back and appreciate exactly how rare the Pocket Mirror is. It's a 1% drop chance, and Medusas aren't even common.

Whatever logic you're using, you'd better explain it to me, because adding yet another ultra-rare item to the list of items required to craft the Ankh Shield is widely going to be considered to be extremely annoying. It will be impossible to own an Ankh Shield without farming the Pocket Mirror first. And that would require hours of standing in a boring minibiome killing Medusas.

I think you need to take a step back and appreciate exactly how rare the Pocket Mirror is. It's a 1% drop chance, and Medusas aren't even common.

Okay, so you'd rather have an immunity item separated from the others just because it has a very small percentage to get? I say I'd rather go to the trouble of fetching the item there in the marble caves than one day, to die because a medusa petrified me.

I can even say that the Pocket mirror instead of being in the recipe for the Ank shield will be added later, after the ank shield is crafted, that is, to craft a new item that has the petrification immunity implemented in it.

this is just not to have to use an extra slot just because an item has not been implemented along with the other immunities, you see? it's the same as with the Lava waders and the Frostspark Boots, they should be together!

Last edited:
Here's my take on all this...

Leave Ankh Shield as it is.

Make a new item called Mirror Shield that is simply Ankh Shield + Pocket Mirror?

(Also it would serve as a neato reference from Legend of Zelda Wind Waker :3 )

I'd also appreciate if the discussion was more about my idea rather than debating the use of the Pocket Mirror in the Ankh Shield. Thanks :3

Make a new item called Mirror Shield that is simply Ankh Shield + Pocket Mirror?

I'd also appreciate if the discussion was more about my idea rather than debating the use of the Pocket Mirror in the Ankh Shield. Thanks :3
Perfect!:D

I can't even get a Nazar
Now you you want me to do it a second time, but with even more rare enemies!?

Okay, so you'd rather have an immunity item separated from the others just because it has a very small percentage to get? I say I'd rather go to the trouble of fetching the item there in the marble caves than one day, to die because a medusa petrified me.
I feel like you'd get yourself killed by Medusa this way more than you would while just faffing around in caves.
And, uh, speaking from personal Medusa-farming experience (on Expert), I think I'd rather just sit in History class for a day straight. The only reason I even did it was because the particular Granite biome I was using as a farm was located in the Underground Snow, so I could net myself a Frozen Turtle Shell in the process.
I never even got the Mirror; I just left once I got the Shell after, like, an hour.

No Mirror Shield. The name needs Ankh in it. I got it, the Ankh Mirror

Back
Top Bottom