tModLoader Castled's AI Scrambler

Castled

Terrarian
icon.png

Castled's AI Scrambler:
"Your one-stop for complete chaos"

Castled's AI Scrambler is a mod I made for fun, that has an assortment of configs to completely distort NPC AI in unimaginable ways.
The features that this mod has to offer includes:

Everything here can be toggled in the "General Configuration" group in the Config menu

AI Scrambler:
Using a completely randomized formula, every AI variable is scaled to insane amounts at even more ridiculous speeds.
This is different from switching AI Styles, however, as instead of swapping the AI, it modifies the AI itself.
This can cause several things to happen such as overclocking Golem, causing Skeletron to constantly shed its arms, and more.

Golem is tired of being a pushover...
1602438094165.png

Loot Box Slimes:
Feeling lucky? Every slime that can hold items will turn into sentient loot boxes and can drop any vanilla item in the game, with no restrictions.
Now uses ItemLoader.ItemCount to include every loaded item, including modded items.

Now I should get a Frost Hydra Staff!
record_000007.gif

Rainbow NPCs
For the fun of it, I threw this in as well; every NPC will have a rainbow hue, similar to the Rainbow Slime.
Turn this on if you want to add some more wackiness to your game.

RAINBOW SKELETRON!!!
record_000007.gif
Everything here can be toggled in the "Machine Performance Configuration" group in the Config menu

To lower lag and overall crashes, I have added two configs to generally improve performance:

Frame Lock:
Adjust this value so that no NPC modifications will occur if the current frame rate is at or below this value.

Crash Prevention:
Certain AI Styles will crash the game if the AI Scrambler is on. These include, but are not limited to:

Spike Ball AI
Plantera AI
Wall of Flesh AI

If this config is on, AI Scrambler will not affect any NPC which has this AI
More AI Styles will be added to this list as time goes on.
Everything here can be toggled in the "AI Style Randomizer Configuration" group in the Config menu

Just like the Terraria Randomizer mod, this mod also has a feature to swap AI, but with an extra experimental config:

AI Style Randomizer:
All NPCs alive will have their AI swapped with any of the 100+ AI Styles in vanilla Terraria.

AI Style Lock:
Replaced AI Style Randomizer Delay due to not working correctly, this is objectively better.
This doesn't need the above config to work and is independent.
Setting this to any value besides -1 will set every NPC to have said AI Style.
Just keep in mind that this could cause crashes if certain NPCs have certain AI Styles.
Everything here can be toggled in the "Miscellaneous Configuration Configuration" group in the Config menu

Along all of these, there are also some extra configs for either extra purposes or to maintain a stable server:

Altered Scrambler:
If AI Scrambler is on, this will slightly modify the formula so that AI will be reset less frequently.
The results will be even more unique.

Hotkey Cooldown and Server-wide Authorization:
I have also added a hotkey for convenience so that you won't have to constantly go to the config to turn on and off AI Scrambler.
By default, this hotkey has a six-second cooldown but can be disabled in the config menu.
There is also another config to allow or prevent anyone from using the hotkey at all.

Player-Related Features!
Yep, that's right! With the newest version (v.0.1.2.1), I have added quite a few things related to the player itself, as well as some commands to go along.
Here's everything so far related to this:

A hotkey that acts basically identically to the one in the character creation screen, with the added benefit of unlocking more hairstyles when the stylist is present, but also with the downside of only being able to change hair color when she is present as well. Set this hotkey, and you're good to go!
This hotkey can be found in a completely new config menu, which can allow you to configure this hotkey, right down to every single element being randomized.

Here's an example of this in action, with the visual identifier:

shapeshifterGIF.gif
With the release of this update, I have also added some commands to allow some extra customization.
They can be typed in again to toggle them.
The commands include:

Type /rainbowchar in the chat and your character will have a "living" rainbow color!
This will also save your color values from when you used it, so it will revert your character back to those colors when you type the command again.

rainbowGIF.gif
In case if you need it, you can type /clearhead, /clearbody and /clearleg
to set your character's head, body, and leg texture to be empty.

This can be used in case if you don't want to change your hairstyle or get the Lamia Wraps, Dryad's Vanity Set, etc.

**Is there a loophole?
texturebuck.gif

**This may be what you're thinking, and here's my response:
Get your mind out of the gutter, pal
loophole1.gif

I know of every loophole
1602544543428.png

textureRemoval.gif
In case if you want to set your character to the default values which they were during character creation, simply type /reset
Your character will be set to the default color values, and hairstyle (unless your character is female, wherein that case it is set to the hairstyle that is considered "default"
When you enter this command, use the "Left Click" input to change your clothes style, to whatever (most preferably to the default style :byeah: )
Then use the "Right Click" input to finish the reset!

resetGif.gif
Hey Feces Posterior, wanna see me speedrun?
Type /speedrun, and you can complete the game in less than 15 seconds.
Check this out

This is a small project that I have been working on, and it is super hilarious seeing the outcome.

You can visit the GitHub repository, in the master branch (the branch which is being updated), and go to Releases if you want to download any version of the mod:
Click Here

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom