Weapons & Equip Cataclysm Blade, a Charged Beam Sword

Scarecrow

Lunatic Cultist
As many may know, a new style of weapon was introduced to the mix as of 1.3. The charge weapons. As the name suggests, you hold down the attack button to charge the weapons attack. Altering it's effect and stats. So here I am with an idea for a charged melee weapon. So far we only have charged magic weapons (Medusa head, charged beam cannon, last prism). So I introduce the Cataclysm Blade.
Cataclysm Blade
darksword2.png

Damage: 110
velocity: 9.5
knockback: 6.5
crit: 4%
use time: 19
"Forged in the depths to crack the heavens."
plays linkin park when swung

on the surface, it just seems like a standard end game sword with high damage, fast use time, etc. In fact, very similar to the influx waver. However, the charge effect brings a whole new layer of killing things. When you charge the sword, it changes the projectile it shoots. Here is a picture of all 3 levels
darksword beam.png

level one on the far left, level 3 on the far right respectively. when you charge the sword , you will hold it above your head and red orbs will spawn and fly into it. (this is simply a visual effect) The sword will start pulsing like hallowed armor when you can fire a lvl 2 beam, and will automatically let go for a lvl 3

-Level one is achieved by spamming the attack button without charging, or holding down the attack button for less than 1.5 seconds. It is a pretty standard beam. it dissipates after traveling 15 blocks, and cannot penetrate. it deals the same stats as the blade itself.

-Level 2 is achieved by holding it for longer than 1.5 seconds, but less than 2.5 seconds. It travels 2500 blocks, penetrates 5 targets, and deals x1.5 (165) base damage, 10.5 velocity, and 8 knockback.

-Lvl 3 will automatically be swung after holding the attack button for 2.5 seconds. This bad boy will wallhack, travel 2500 blocks, penetrate infinitely, and deals x2 (220) base damage, 11 velocity, and 9.5 knockback.

-only the beams are effected by the charge, the swords stats remain the same.
The way one claims one of these is a bit different. Worlds will now generate with a hardmode version of the sword alters that contain enchanted swords. These will generate close to the underworld and have lava and a special background wall that spawns underworld mobs instead of water and flower walls.

Another difference is that You will find the sword unbreakable. When one attempts to mine it, they will instead take damage much like attacking a demon/crimson alter. In order to collect this sword, you must use a picksaw or higher. Effectively making this sword the same tier as the influx waver.
swordpedistal.png

the sword as it appears stuck in the stone
So you though that after you collected the sword, you get to live happily ever after. You were wrong. Upon collection of the sword, the Cataclysm Serpent will spawn.
Cataclysm Serpant.png

this guy acts identically to a wyvern, but can turn sharper. and even won't despawn until killed. Here are the stats. The reference above is how it will always look and spawn. no more segments, no less segments, in this order.

Head
cataclysm4.png

damage: 90
health: 2500
defense: 52

Gem
cataclysm2.png

damage: 80
health: 2000
defense: 48

segment
cataclysm1.png

damage: 80
health: null
defense: null

tail
cataclysm3.png

damage: 75
health: 1750
defense: 44

As the stats suggest, only some segments can be damaged, and the serpent will only die when all gem segments are killed.

So, what do you guys think? too powerful? too weak? too fancy?

Last edited:
A super demon blade that can kill a pillar from my spawn point? That is something I always wanted to do.
(Though the size 2 looks OP as it looks big to me, could it be slightly shorter?)

Awesome idea.
There is the Charged Blaster Cannon, a ranged Rocket weapon.
I haven't gotten that yet, but unless someone vandalized the wiki again then that would be a magic weapon that uses mana.

Anyway, awesome idea and awesome sprites. I'm not sure how feasable it would be for players to take advantage of level 3 charge when it's used automatically after 5 seconds.

A super demon blade that can kill a pillar from my spawn point? That is something I always wanted to do.
(Though the size 2 looks OP as it looks big to me, could it be slightly shorter?)
all the size does is make it slightly easier to hit with. considering you can't spam it, I don't see an issue with its size.

I like it! Support. Not sure about it's power, I'll leave judgments about that to people more versed in such things :p

I haven't gotten that yet, but unless someone vandalized the wiki again then that would be a magic weapon that uses mana.

Anyway, awesome idea and awesome sprites. I'm not sure how feasable it would be for players to take advantage of level 3 charge when it's used automatically after 5 seconds.
It uses rockets as ammo.

As many may know, a new style of weapon was introduced to the mix as of 1.3. The charge weapons. As the name suggests, you hold down the attack button to charge the weapons attack. Altering it's effect and stats. So here I am with an idea for a charged melee weapon. So far we only have charged magic weapons (Medusa head, charged beam cannon, last prism). So I introduce the Cataclysm Blade.
Cataclysm Blade
View attachment 64467
Damage: 110
velocity: 9.5
knockback: 6.5
crit: 4%
use time: 19
"Forged in the depths to crack the heavens."
plays linkin park when swung

on the surface, it just seems like a standard end game sword with high damage, fast use time, etc. In fact, very similar to the influx waver. However, the charge effect brings a whole new layer of killing things. When you charge the sword, it changes the projectile it shoots. Here is a picture of all 3 levels
View attachment 64471
level one on the far left, level 3 on the far right respectively. when you charge the sword , you will hold it above your head and red orbs will spawn and fly into it. (this is simply a visual effect) The sword will start pulsing like hallowed armor when you can fire a lvl 2 beam, and will automatically let go for a lvl 3

-Level one is achieved by spamming the attack button without charging, or holding down the attack button for less than 2.5 seconds. It is a pretty standard beam. it dissipates after traveling 15 blocks, and cannot penetrate. it deals the same stats as the blade itself.

-Level 2 is achieved by holding it for longer than 2.5 seconds, but less than 4.5 seconds. It travels 2500 blocks, penetrates 5 targets, and deals x1.5 (165) base damage, 10.5 velocity, and 8 knockback.

-Lvl 3 will automatically be swung after holding the attack button for 4.5 seconds. This bad boy will wallhack, travel 2500 blocks, penetrate infinitely, and deals x2 (220) base damage, 11 velocity, and 9.5 knockback.

-only the beams are effected by the charge, the swords stats remain the same.
The way one claims one of these is a bit different. Worlds will now generate with a hardmode version of the sword alters that contain enchanted swords. These will generate close to the underworld and have lava and a special background wall that spawns underworld mobs instead of water and flower walls.

Another difference is that You will find the sword unbreakable. When one attempts to mine it, they will instead take damage much like attacking a demon/crimson alter. In order to collect this sword, you must use a picksaw or higher. Effectively making this sword the same tier as the influx waver.
View attachment 64632
the sword as it appears stuck in the stone
So, what do you guys think? too powerful? too weak? too fancy?

Sigh, another end-game sword. (my first reaction).

Anyone else thinks this looks like a crimson counterpart to the nights edge? Perhaps we can change this to a True Cataclysm Blade, lower the base damage, and add a regular (no projectile) Cataclysm Blade for the pre-hardmode counterpart to the nights edge for crimson worlds. True Cataclysm Blade would also be used to make the terra blade.

I do like the idea of making it available in hell (as it is quite sparse) but it seems too easy to obtain (compared to the influx waver) and it would require zero effect from someone well into hard mode to obtain.

Also we have like, 4 endgame swords (do we really need more?) Making this a crimson weapon would make sense (the projectile even drips blood!) and making it a counter part to the true nights edge would be awesome.

Back
Top Bottom