Map-Adventure Cave Story Recreated in Terraria!

What should I work on, once I'm feeling motivated again?

• Wind Fortress (G-Clone)

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Inner Wall (Prinny Cap)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Two for One Deal (Both)

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Tarvish

Terrarian
Cave Story is a game developed by Daisuke Amaya aka "Pixel." During quarantine I decided to recreate the entire game in Terraria now that 1.4 is out with Journey mode and there are cool new building blocks to work with. The World can be played like an adventure map, or you could just tour the areas and explore what Cave Story has to offer.

You can view more pictures of and download the world here.
Capture 2020-07-07 12_58_22.png

Yama:red:a Farm

Capture 2020-08-01 18_39_10.png

Egg No. 6 of the Egg Corridor

Capture 2020-07-07 13_04_15.png

The Bushlands!

Main Features:

-Terraria 1.4.x compatible!
-Wide variety of areas with all sorts of rooms and caves.
-Up to 2 players recommended, though I'm not stopping you from running through the place in Journey Mode with 8 other people.
-Mining and building is not allowed and not intended for progress.

How to Play:
-Do not change NPC houses or create new ones
-Do not change any wiring/teleporter setups

-You can use Boss drops, except for the Slimy Hook and Slimy Saddle. Both provide way too much mobility for something that can be obtained near the beginning of the game.

Useful Tips:
-Keep an eye out for Pressure Pads during the early game. They're deadly!
-Save up your coins, you'll be able to Reforge equipment later on.

-Don't overestimate yourself just because you think you have powerful enough gear.

How to Install the Map:
-To play the world, download it, and extract/unzip the folder. Copy "________.wld" and past it in your world saves folder, which by default should be located in: Documents > My Games > Terraria > Worlds.

Credits:
-Made for Terraria: http://terraria.org/
-Based on Cave Story https://www.cavestory.org/
-Vast majority of building done with TEdit: Releases · TEdit/Terraria-Map-Editor
-CSMC Discord, they didn't do much but they're all nice folk. Join the The CSMC (Cave Story Modding Community) Discord Server!

Thank you to my testers:
-Nicadrio Indeed~

-chadudeski, the legal loli lover

-Dipless, pronounced "Dip-less" not "D-ipples"

-Real_Lucien_Fielder

-and a couple of other monkeys

If you have any feedback then please feel free to tell me.

*This project can go further, with bonus areas such as the Wind Fortress and Bottom of the Island not built yet. If the world receives enough downloads, support, or I become bored again, I may update the world. The teleporter hub area is also a little bit rough around the edges too, but I'll take function over form for that detail.

<3I played this map with 5 people without any problem of insufficient items for everyone. We all came to the end. The story is great, as well as the decor is great. I think this map deserves to be played a lot.

I really want this map to be played a lot. So I will tell you some problems we had:
1 - We were unable to use the Momorim rocket. We tried to follow the instructions, but failed.
2 - We didn't find Kenpachi's bucket. We never thought it was the button next to the bunny cannon in the break room or something needed to open the door or I don't know. probably the following problem was the cause of this.
3 - We activate and deactivate the doors without knowing it. The doors of the teleport hub were closed accidentally, like many others.
4 - In the room where the doctor's plan is revealed, we ended up breaking the entrance blocks to get through. We didn't think that was what should be done, but we did it.

Last edited:
<3I played this map with 5 people without any problem of insufficient items for everyone. We all came to the end. The story is great, as well as the decor is great. I think this map deserves to be played a lot.

I really want this map to be played a lot. So I will tell you some problems we had:
1 - We were unable to use the Momorim rocket. We tried to follow the instructions, but failed.
2 - We didn't find Kenpachi's bucket. We never thought it was the button next to the bunny cannon in the break room or something needed to open the door or I don't know. probably the following problem was the cause of this.
3 - We activate and deactivate the doors without knowing it. The doors of the teleport hub were closed accidentally, like many others.
4 - In the room where the doctor's plan is revealed, we ended up breaking the entrance blocks to get through. We didn't think that was what should be done, but we did it.

Yeah, wiring gets buggy when there are too many players. Momorin's Rocket should've been fixed in the latest versions of the World. I've been playing with two of my friends and actuator blocks randomly trigger sometimes. I looked into it and turns out multiplayer wiring has been wack for a while now. Glad you enjoyed the map though!

When you reforge Zenith to Legendary first try for the last boss >x>

That was a great map. Never played cave story, and I suppose this is the next best thing? Still feel I know even less about this story now though X_x
Definitely was a good 4hours and 30ish minutes of gameplay. Even with the few bugs, It was good.

You are a talented map maker. 👍

Back
Top Bottom