Wavebank Cave Story (song covers)

Duze

Terrarian
CAVE STORY, by Pixel

Hello, I am crazy and... nuts, and I am going to do something... crazy, AKA cover ALL of the Cave Story songs for a new wavebank. WHYYY did I choose to do this?! ... Not sure, but whatever, so I will eventually finish all of them.

I actually did Geothermal last year in the jankiest way possible, having two monitors and manually copying all of the notes from program to program. Hm, never again. I didn't realize you could export to .mid, then just import. So I will do that. It means the note volume levels may not all be accurate, but I don't really want to take the next three months listening to these tunes over and over again, AND THIS TIME, I am just on a laptop from a couple years ago, so it has, sometimes, a hard enough time crunching through listening to the pre-rendered versions of the songs with all the synths and plugins running in the new program.

Anyway, if you want to mark the progress of the covers, you can always go to my Soundcloud where I upload them when finished. On there, as well, is the original Cave Story OST, and while you can get these very .wav songs from the Cave Story website itself, those songs have fade ins and outs and possible repeats (? I think), but the ones I put together are recorded from the very Orgmaker program itself, and cut to loop. Yay? Whatever, it doesn't matter, but it's another source of all things Cave Story; so why not? Yup.

Here's the links so far:
Geothermal
Balcony
Eyes of Flame
Gestation NEW

Cave Story OST Playlist

Last edited:
I tried Cave Story once, it was really fun, I fell in love with that game instantly, but my hard-drive that contained my savefile and the game broke, so.. but still, i'm taking your wavebank for sure, Cave Story musics are awesome :D

Yeah, I really like the music.

I played in like 2007 and ended up beating it. Apparently there's multiple endings...

As a Cave Story lover and world record holder for 60FPS Sacred Ground Speed run, I approve this.
However I think I would rather replace Boss 1 music as Gravity and Boss 2 and Oppression.
Since you have set the Eerie as Geothermal, it only make sense to have Oppression to play when you summon WoF. :p

Dude, you are a genious. I recently (yesterday) bought cave story for the 3DS, and this game is amazing, just as terraria is. The music fits the game so well. But i would agree with MasterLuigi452.

BTW: If someone makes another version of this. (where maybe the songs are assigned to other things, like changing the boos tracks for each other, like MasterLuigi452 said, i hope they post him here, because i really would like to try them out!

Some mistakes i found in the song list.

"Devourer" = destroyer Not that it would matter.

BTW, you should lengthen the sound tracks for the overworld day / alt overworld day and underground /alt underground, because the tracks switch after like 2 minutes. which gets a bit annoying after some time, but still great work!

Last edited:
How do I install? ._. Love dat music tho.
-EDIT- Found out how. But the Mimiga town should be the ONLY song for day. How can I customize?

Last edited:
Great job dude, you have increased the length of the mimaga town and grasstown songs, but you still have to increase then length of pulse and gestation (those are the underground songs, they are WAY to short. I know its difficult to do, but please, its somewhat annoying.

Could you please add a Line to your post when you updated it. Thanks

Last edited:
Dang dude, I love you for updating the songs (For example, Crimson and Corruption music now being different). Also, like Thund3rDa5h said, I would like the songs to be extended too. Anyway,
YOU'RE COOL.

So since I'm a huge fan of Cave Story and terraria, and I just so happen to have everything I need to do the following...

I'll make my own version for 1.3

And also because the download doesn't work anymore and it's outdated anyway

Back
Top Bottom