Weapons & Equip Celebration and SDMG Gimmicks.

Nutella Fairy

Skeletron Prime
Let's look at a list of some guns.

Musket- no special abilities
Flintlock- no special abilities
Minishark- no special abilities
Handgun- no special abilities
(you get the point)

And now we have the SDMG, a drop from the MOON LORD, with no special abilities. Let's look at the others.

Terrarian- Realeases sparks
Star Wrath- Summons rapid-fire stars.
Meowmere- Cursed Flames and Sword combined.
Celebration- Rockets do not destroy tiles.
Lunar Flare- Summons Flares that can go through blocks and explode.
Last Prism- Summons multiple beams that combine into one.
Lunar Portal- floating turret that shoots a laser beam.
Lunar Crystal- A crysal that shoots weird rainbow prismy things.

SDMG needs something cool.

I propose that upon every succesful enemy hit, a space dolphin will fly across the screen, hiting the enemy, and flying through anything else in the way. (similar to Orichalcum petals.) Dolphins will splatter into gore when hit by a block. To compensate, the damage is lowered to 68.

Also, Celebration's firework particles should linger for a few seconds, dealing half damage. It's kinda underwhelming compared to the others.

The SDMG does have a chance to decrease ammo consumption. Also the orichalcum armor buff has cool down, however I like the idea so far. Keep it up! :D

Rockets could already not destroy tiles you just had to use rocket 3's or 1's so celbration dosent really have a special effect (not counting the fire works as their more decoration and I do agree that they should be able to at least a little bit of damage)

Rockets could already not destroy tiles you just had to use rocket 3's or 1's so celbration dosent really have a special effect (not counting the fire works as their more decoration and I do agree that they should be able to at least a little bit of damage)
But rocket 4's do more damage, and I overlooked the fact that it shoots two rockets.

But they aren't unique. All the others have a something special that the weapons before it didn't have.
To be completely fair,
Terrarian is essentially a powered up Flairon you can keep out as much as you want and hit virtually anywhere as long as there's a path to it.
Star Wrath works identically to Blizzard Staff/Meteor Staff and only exists because people whined so much about Star Fury's change back in 1.1.
Meowmere works essentially the same way as Cursed Flames.
Lunar Flare is essentially a hit-anywhere version of Blizzard Staff.

S.D.M.G has currently the highest DPS out of every weapon in the game and I'd rather not see it crippled for any special ability that breaks it out of its Megasharky feel.

To be completely fair,
Terrarian is essentially a powered up Flairon you can keep out as much as you want and hit virtually anywhere as long as there's a path to it.
Star Wrath works identically to Blizzard Staff/Meteor Staff and only exists because people whined so much about Star Fury's change back in 1.1.
Meowmere works essentially the same way as Cursed Flames.
Lunar Flare is essentially a hit-anywhere version of Blizzard Staff.

S.D.M.G has currently the highest DPS out of every weapon in the game and I'd rather not see it crippled for any special ability that breaks it out of its Megasharky feel.

Actually S.D.M.G. is underwhelming compared to the Last Prism.
Everything is underwhelming if you compare it to Last Prism. Last Prism is the Alpha and the Omega, the True Destroyer of Worlds, the 'D' in Doom, the embodiment of Ragnarök. Even Frostmourne, Honjo Masamune, Mjölnir, Andúril, Durendal, Excalibur, Meowmere and the Master Sword all fear the wrath of Last Prism.
Not to mention S.D.M.G. requires ammo and stealth to reach it's mediocre damage that is overshadowed by everything else, while you can faceroll with Last Prism with a bunch of manapots you buy from an NPC while riding a mount.

Also, S.D.M.G. eats through ammo so fast that I want to see dead dolphins.
Of course, S.D.M.G. wouldn't become magically a good weapon just because dolphins are dying all over the screen, but watching them die would give me the pleasure of vengeance for all the pain of ammo farming...

Actually S.D.M.G. is underwhelming compared to the Last Prism.
Everything is underwhelming if you compare it to Last Prism. Last Prism is the Alpha and the Omega, the True Destroyer of Worlds, the 'D' in Doom, the embodiment of Ragnarök. Even Frostmourne, Honjo Masamune, Mjölnir, Andúril, Durendal, Excalibur, Meowmere and the Master Sword all fear the wrath of Last Prism.
Not to mention S.D.M.G. requires ammo and stealth to reach it's mediocre damage that is overshadowed by everything else, while you can faceroll with Last Prism with a bunch of manapots you buy from an NPC while riding a mount.

Also, S.D.M.G. eats through ammo so fast that I want to see dead dolphins.
Of course, S.D.M.G. wouldn't become magically a good weapon just because dolphins are dying all over the screen, but watching them die would give me the pleasure of vengeance for all the pain of ammo farming...
Yeah but the last prism eats mana like its NOTHING and because of that you can eat through mana potions extremely fast exceptionally if you have a mana flower equipped and if you dont you have to manually drink them while the SDMG when combined with ammobox and ammo reservation potions can literally never stop firing because about every 100 shots only 1 bullet gets used and if you get stocked up on ammo you can shoot literally shoot millions of bullets (you probably cant but what Im trying to say is that you can fire the SDMG more then you can fire the Last Prism making it slightly better in dps terms)

Yeah but the last prism eats mana like its NOTHING and because of that you can eat through mana potions extremely fast exceptionally if you have a mana flower equipped and if you dont you have to manually drink them while the SDMG when combined with ammobox and ammo reservation potions can literally never stop firing because about every 100 shots only 1 bullet gets used and if you get stocked up on ammo you can shoot literally shoot millions of bullets (you probably cant but what Im trying to say is that you can fire the SDMG more then you can fire the Last Prism making it slightly better in dps terms)
That doesn't make the SDMG the highest DPS weapon.

About Celebration, it's a lost cause. Don't even waste your time with it. Instead, use the Snowman Cannon, the best pickaxe in the game.

That doesn't make the SDMG the highest DPS weapon.

About Celebration, it's a lost cause. Don't even waste your time with it. Instead, use the Snowman Cannon, the best pickaxe in the game.
I never said it was the higjest DPS weapon but it is up there

And the celbration is more useful fighting mobs then mineing (because its a weapon not a pickaxe)

I agree the SDMG is quite underwhelming compared to every end game weapon. The only conditions that the SDMG can compare to Prism is with tons of potions activated, vortex stealth activated (because we all stand still during Moonlord battle right?) and the enemy is ichored.

For the Last Prism, you can literally buy potions that works with its mana eating ability. You can't buy Lumite or Chloro bullets.

(Im just gonna say this and Im not gonna respond afterward but)
The SDMG is obviously gonna look like a underwhelming weapon when compared to the broken weapon last prism seriously if you compare any weapon that the moonlord drops to the last prism there obviously gonna look underwhlming as the last prism (except the terrarian as its as overpowered as the last prism with infinite use time) What I'm trying to say is the SDMG is a good weapon that dosent need to be changed just because it isnt broken like the last prism is dosent mean its a good weapon and dont complain about bullets it was always like that and if you dont like collecting materials use regular musket balls or silver bullets they don't cost much and can be easily obtained and seriously if you dont like collecting materials for bullets stop complaining and don't play ranger its as easy as that ranger
is fine as it is and dosent need to be changed except stealth mode its a good addition but the mobility and way you activate it sucks and needs to be able to be used on mounts (make it effect mounts too but without the movement debuff and with the invisability)

Celebration... I posted a thing on what things could be done to make the Celebration a bit better. Pretty sure nobody even replied though.
Rn it's a piece of :red: anyway though so idfc.

As for the dolphin gun, I do agree it should do something special.

But rocket 4's do more damage, and I overlooked the fact that it shoots two rockets.

As of 1.3.0.1, Rocket IV and Rocket III do the same damage, so celebration's inability to destroy blocks actually reduces its flexibility, and is hardly a special ability. (Since using rocket IV with it is a waste of 5 times the coins compared to rocket iii, not to mention that rocket IV can only be obtained legitimately during a solar eclipse.)

Firing 2 rockets simultaneously could be considered a special ability, but the celebration's use time of 29 frames is almost exactly double that of the snowman cannon's 15, resulting in the rocket output being only slightly above the snowman cannon's. (The two rockets fired by the celebration do have a slight spread, which depending on the situation could be either an advantage or disadvantage.)

I do think the SDMG should get some sort of special ability. Something special--even if it's just like a debuff.

Ammo conservation is effectively just a stat, not a special ability. By no means should it be considered a gimmick--the weapon would be ridiculously inefficient if it didn't have it. It's just necessary to offset the really fast firing speed.

I approve of dolphins. That would be cool. Another idea could be to have it occasionally shoot an extra, non-piercing bullet that adds a stacking debuff to an enemy. Something like defense reduction, damage over time, etc... Defense reduction would make a lot of sense for the weapon, and it would help all players in multiplayer situations, giving it a little bit of utility. It could also do something cool, like maybe if it reaches a certain amount of stacks, the enemy explodes and damages itself and other nearby enemies, which then clears the debuff.

Celebration really needs to be reworked. One of the rockets should at least fire straight and not blow up until it hits something, since the limited range is really weird. Killed enemies should explode into confetti. I don't know what to say about this weapon, since I've never really used a lot of rocket weapons.

Nerf my SDMG? You're crazy! We rangers like not having special gimmicks for our weapons, we like the sight of a bullet flying across the screen.

That's what I'd say if I didn't like this idea, in reality, it's crazy cool. Dolphins are cool. They're like humans of the sea, sort of.

Back
Top Bottom