Weapons & Equip Celebration isn't worth celebrating for?

XiaoThePotato

Skeletron Prime
So, you're playing as an endgame ranger, with shroomite armor and the vortex weapons. When you hear that there's a new rocket-using weapon in the game, you'd assume it's an upgrade to the Snowman Cannon, right?
NOPE.

Functionally, the Celebration is more of a side-grade to the Snowman Cannon, rather than a direct upgrade. It could be argued that it has higher DPS, since it shoots out two rockets instead of one, despite having slightly less base damage. That's probably true.
However, the Snowman Cannon has one feature that makes the Celebration obsolete, and that would be homing projectiles.
I'm sure many people disagree, because they can aim, but the fact that the projectiles travel in a "V" trajectory and that they have a limited range makes the Celebration far less accurate than the Snowman Cannon, and yes, it may be very good at clearing out event waves, but it pales in comparison to the S.D.M.G.
Comparatively, the other class weapons are pretty balanced with each other. The Last Prism, while flashy, does not overshadow the Lunar Flare. The Terrarian, Star Wrath, and Meowmere are equally loved. The Rainbow Crystal Staff and Lunar Portal Staff both have unique uses, and are on par with each other.

But what about Celebration and S.D.M.G.?

NOPE.

It doesn't even deal as much DPS as some of the Pillar-tier weapons. WHAT IS THAT EVEN.

I propose a few changes to the way our favorite fireworks firing mechanism works.

Firstly, make it have infinite range. Not being able to reach an enemy on your screen with an endgame ranged weapon is ridiculous.

Second, give it a higher base damage, or better fire-rate to compensate for the current lack of DPS. It's not even a viable weapon against the Moon Lord, despite being one of his drops. I've tried to kill ML with just the Celebration multiple times, with the best DPS ranger setup I could provide.
I died every single time. Nearly 900 hours into the game and I can't kill the final boss with one of his drops. That's kind of a problem.

Third, make the projectile velocity higher. Honestly, I'd suggest this for all the rocket weapons, aside from the Grenade Launcher and Proximity Mine launcher.
They're rockets, for goodness sake. Why the heck are they slower than arrows?!

And that concludes my rant. Please feel free to give constructive criticism, or correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Its the worst drop... I hate Meowmere too, so anoying! It should be rare aas the Axe and they should drop from a another thing. I wish there could be an upgrade to terra sword with luminte bars and all the fragments.

Its the worst drop... I hate Meowmere too, so anoying! It should be rare aas the Axe and they should drop from a another thing. I wish there could be an upgrade to terra sword with luminte bars and all the fragments.

I dunno about the whole upgrade thing, but you're probably right. It's the "Terra Blade", the original weapon which represented Terraria. It seems that the Terra Blade has been kicked off that position by the Terrarian, however, yet it doesn't feel right that a weapon named "Terra Blade" is the third (4th?) strongest sword in the game.

I dunno about the whole upgrade thing, but you're probably right. It's the "Terra Blade", the original weapon which represented Terraria. It seems that the Terra Blade has been kicked off that position by the Terrarian, however, yet it doesn't feel right that a weapon named "Terra Blade" is the third (4th?) strongest sword in the game.
A yoyo man.. I know Red like it but come on...

solid point, however the only reason why celebrations rounds don't go off screen is so it holds true to its' name., You can't celebrate if you aren't witnessing the celebration on screen. DPS for Celebration can actually be 2X the damage of snowman cannon, it is just hard to do in a real situation based on what you said in your posts, all those things are true. I agree the item needs something more for a Moon lord drop, it is forgotten in comparison to S.D.M.G., and unreliable at best. It needs to be at least more flashy and worth celebrating for instead of 2 meager fireworks saying, "look at me I beat the game".

$

(Celebration Mk. II in action)
Well, let us not forget that Celebration Mk. II is coming out in the next patch. The OP of this forum would've had no idea this existed, and now we do, thus, no changes need to be made to Celebration :3

Back
Top Bottom