Items Celestial Cores - Fight Pillars at your will

Do you want monolith cores?

• Yes!

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • No!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but with this change... (post bellow)

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

Mebybemn

Terrarian
I'm not very good at introductions, so I'm just going to cut to the chase. I am proposing 'monolith cores' that will be used to allow the player to summon and fight whichever pillar they want, without having to deal with going through the entire celestial event (of course they will be crafted with items from the event, for the same reason as the celestial sigil). When placing a monolith core inside Its respective monolith the monolith will become permanently active until the pillar summoned above the monolith is destroyed. Here are crafting recipies, tool tips, ect.

Stardust Monolith Core

'Lead that which has no freedom'
Can be placed in a stardust monolith to spawn a stardust pillar
Crafted at a Ancient Manipulator
Crafting:
Solar_Fragment.png
x5,
Vortex_Fragment.png
x5,
Nebula_Fragment.png
x5,
Luminite_Bar.png
x3

Nebula Monolith Core
'Teach that which has no mind'
Can be placed in a nebula monolith to spawn a nebula pillar
Crafting:
Solar_Fragment.png
x5,
Vortex_Fragment.png
x5,
Stardust_Fragment.png
x5,
Luminite_Bar.png
x3

Vortex Monolith Core
'Fill that which has no substance'
Can be placed in a vortex monolith to spawn a vortex pillar
Crafting:
Solar_Fragment.png
x5,
Nebula_Fragment.png
x5,
Stardust_Fragment.png
x5,
Luminite_Bar.png
x3

Solar Monolith Core
'Empower that which has no strength'
Can be placed in a solar monolith to spawn a solar pillar
Crafting:
Vortex_Fragment.png
x5,
Nebula_Fragment.png
x5,
Stardust_Fragment.png
x5,
Luminite_Bar.png
x3

Summoned pillars have the same drops as normal pillars, but killing they will not summon the moon lord. Pillars cannot be summoned whilst the celestial event is in effect or whilst another pillar of the same type has already been summoned in the world. Summoned pillars only require 50 kills (75 in expert mode) to lower their shields.

Any & all feedback is appreciated

Last edited:
Good idea! Sounds like something doable and useful. Though it kind of makes crafting fragments useless.

Wait a minute, this is actually a good idea.

I had a crazy idea when 1.3 came out that I could create a sort of shrine to each celestial pillar, four in a world, banners for each, and it would be mind-blowingly awesome. This failed for multiple reasons, one of which was that the Lunar Fragment blocks look like breakfast cereal and don't blend with anything, and another of which was that the order is randomized and the pillar spawns unpredictably within the area.

Now this is good. We can't be the only ones who've wanted to farm out Lunar Fragments without having to get rekt by fight Moon Lord each time, and this just so happens to match up with something I've always wanted. This suggestion made my day.

Yes! I want to be able to use these things, the Vortex one would be a particularly good one for my space shrine to the Vortex Pillar.

Good idea! Sounds like something doable and useful. Though it kind of makes crafting fragments useless.
Thanks!

I still think crafting fragments is useful though. For example lets say you have 22 nebula, 18 vortex, 31 solar, 26 stardust, and no luminite - if you want to craft a celestial sigil you can easily craft the vortex fragments you need and make the sigil. This method is more for evening out your numbers for crafting. But summoning specific pillars allows you to make a profit, but it requires more effort and some luminite.

Wait a minute, this is actually a good idea.

I had a crazy idea when 1.3 came out that I could create a sort of shrine to each celestial pillar, four in a world, banners for each, and it would be mind-blowingly awesome. This failed for multiple reasons, one of which was that the Lunar Fragment blocks look like breakfast cereal and don't blend with anything, and another of which was that the order is randomized and the pillar spawns unpredictably within the area.

Now this is good. We can't be the only ones who've wanted to farm out Lunar Fragments without having to get rekt by fight Moon Lord each time, and this just so happens to match up with something I've always wanted. This suggestion made my day.
Thank you, I'm glad you like it:p

I've been trying to make an adventure map in which there are massive temples to the pillars which you would have to fight, but without realizing the randomized colors and placement it failed miserably:sigh:

If someone really has enough Luminite to spare for one of these, why would they need to make one? All the pillars really drop is fragments, after all. Either replace Luminite with a different bar(meteorite would be an amusing substitute) or just drop it entirely in exchange for a higher fragment cost.

If someone really has enough Luminite to spare for one of these, why would they need to make one? All the pillars really drop is fragments, after all. Either replace Luminite with a different bar(meteorite would be an amusing substitute) or just drop it entirely in exchange for a higher fragment cost.
I choose 7 luminite bars because on average a player will get 19-21 bars from the moonlord, this leaves the player with enough for any one piece of equipment (excluding the chest pieces of the armor) which is what they would be getting anyway. If a player finds themselves without a enough fragments they can summon the pillar they need and get their fragments while coming out with the same gear they would have had if they had enough fragments from the beginning. Also for dyes, as they require a lot of fragments, which you probably won't go after anyway until after getting the armor. The exchange rate is actually quite good, 7 luminite and 15 fragments for ~30 fragments.

I vote you double the requirement for enemy deaths like a... Pillar X?

That way it isnt used for mining foes.

I vote you double the requirement for enemy deaths like a... Pillar X?

That way it isnt used for mining foes.
Killing 200 enemies seems like a bit much, and I would really like to stay away from things like 'X' bosses. Really it's just to make it easier to get specific fragments and to make temples or whatever you want around a pillar, it isn't for added challenge.

I still honestly think increasing the number of fragments and dropping the Luminite entirely would be the best way of handling this. Using a Moon Lord drop to summon one of its prerequisite bosses just doesn't feel like it's in the spirit of how boss summoning items work.

How much consideration have you put into a core requiring some of each Fragments each instead of any Luminite? If this is a non-negotiable point then what about if X number of bars made X Cores, for example three Luminite bars made five Cores?

If the addition ends up frustrating rather than appealing to how convenient it is for a player by too much then it'd feel like a bad execution of potential. Extreme example; Goblin invasion, where you need to find and kill the Goblin Scout to get Tattered Cloth which only gives you a return of 1 or 2 Goblin Battle Standard to summon them again. That's an example of how to poorly do a summoning item. Your proposal is no where near as bad but my point is accessibility is key. It's not just about how difficult it is to obtain the first time, it's how tiring it become once repeated.

I like this idea a lot. And the tooltips are so cool!
It seems to be it's unanimous that people would like to summon the Towers, but I think we need to address the method in more detail.

Could the OP please be change to confirm whether or not cores are crafted at Ancient Manipulator?

Last edited:
Killing 200 enemies seems like a bit much, and I would really like to stay away from things like 'X' bosses. Really it's just to make it easier to get specific fragments and to make temples or whatever you want around a pillar, it isn't for added challenge.
True, i just tried adding that to make it so that you couldnt grind them repeatedly.
When i think about it, the Luminite Bars also make it so you still have to duke it out against the moon lord once in a while, and the rest of the pillars for that matter, just like the Sigil.

Back
Top Bottom