Celestial Pillars: Meaning of their names

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mebybemn

Terrarian
I just realized that the celestial pillars represent the life cycle of a star!

Heres a quick diagram I made showing it:

Stellar Nebula >>> Star (nebula condenses into a star) >>> Supernova (star dies) >>> Black Hole (when the star is big enough to collapse infinitely in on its self) or Nebula (when the mass of the star is scattered, aka stardust, to create a new nebula)

Nebula Pillar
>>> Solar Pillar >>> Stardust Pillar >>> Vortex Pillar

This also explains why the solar pillar is the hardest

I just realized that the celestial pillars represent the life cycle of a star!

Heres a quick diagram I made showing it:

Stellar Nebula >>> Star (nebula condenses into a star) >>> Supernova (star dies) >>> Black Hole (when the star is big enough to collapse infinitely in on its self) or Nebula (when the mass of the star is scattered, aka stardust, to create a new nebula)

Nebula Pillar
>>> Solar Pillar >>> Stardust Pillar >>> Vortex Pillar

This also explains why the solar pillar is the hardest
the one that always gets me is nebula, :/ if you're on the ground spamming razorblade typhoon solar is pretty easy, but the sheer number of mobs nebula spawns makes it so hard, but yhea, that makes alot of sense

I'm still wondering why the vortex enemies are all insectoid aliens, the vortex background has an alien-looking jungle planet, and the vortex armor is alien technology.

I continue to question the exact meaning of "vortex" in Terraria's context. Nevertheless, this is very interesting, and I feel like I should have probably figured it out myself (I gave the pillars much thought a while ago, thinking about their meaning and relations). Congrats
index.php

Interesting concept. i didn't even think about this. Maybe it was somehow based off this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom