Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Equipping the celestial shell with the Fishron wings cancels out the movement bonus in water that the wings provide. The result is that you move more slowly with both accessories equipped than you do with only the wings.

Huh... I use both accessories and I've not noticed this before. I don't think it was always like this, so I'll check on an older version of Terraria. I'll also report to the developers to check. Thanks for the report!

Lateral movement is the same for the Shell and Fishron Wings if only one or both are equipped. But Fishron Wings no longer give an ascent boost in water.

Here are the speeds I got:

Wings Only
Left/Right (Walking): 17 mph
Up (Flying): 67 mph (may go higher if I had deeper water to test)
Down (Falling): 26 mph
Up-Left/Up-Right (Flying): 78 mph (again may go higher with more water)
Down-Left/Down-Right (Falling): 48 mph

Shell Only
Up (Swimming): 24 mph
Down (Falling): 36 mph
Up-Left/Up-Right (Swimming): 30 mph
Down-Left/Down-Right (Falling): 40 mph

Both
Up (Swimming): 24 mph
Down (Falling): 36 mph
Up-Left/Up-Right (Swimming): 30 mph
Down-Left/Down-Right (Falling): 40 mph

So the shell cancels all effects in any direction from the Wings and though it makes you go faster when falling straight down, it makes you slower when moving down + left/right, up, or up + left/right.

I consistently had 34mph walking left/right with Fishron Wings only, Shell only and both equipped. (Probably faster because I also had boots equipped.)
Unfortunately, I've been advised the Wings+Shell overlap is unlikely to change due to limitations. :(

Back
Top Bottom