• Total voters

Evilgrapez

Retinazer
100px-Nebula_Pillar.png
100px-Solar_Pillar.png
100px-Vortex_Pillar.png
100px-Stardust_Pillar.png

We all know what these are, right?

Yeah, well, here's the thing: They're really annoying.

Like, seriously, what if you just wanted to do battle with the Cultist to farm for the mask and trophy, or angered him by accident causing you to defeat him in battle? The price to pay for that is that every single time you beat him, these pillars spawn, and you have to fight them, defeat them, AND do battle with the Moon Lord before it's all over and you can go farming for the mask again or whatever you were doing. I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting sick of fighting these things over ten times a day just to get the mask. And that's not even counting how many times I've fought them just to get the trophy. Well, they're not annoying all the time. I even enjoy fighting them every once in a while. But for the most part, I just want to fight the Cultist without having a major effect on the world and having to work for hours trying to get it back to normal.

Well, I've come up with a solution:
Celestial Stopper
Celestial_Sigil.png

Consumable
"Stops the Celestial Events"

(sorry for the terrible Celestial Sigil recolor, but I'm not good at spriting. If anyone can make a better sprite and is willing to do so please do)
Crafting Station: Ancient Manipulator
Ancient_Manipulator.png

20 Solar Fragments
Solar_Fragment.png

20 Vortex Fragments
Vortex_Fragment.png

20 Nebula Fragments
Nebula_Fragment.png

20 Stardust Fragments
Stardust_Fragment.png

This will mean that you will have to have fought the pillars at least once, so that this is a sort of "You don't have to do it anymore" thing. And yes, I'm aware this is the same crafting recipe as the Celestial Sigil.

As the tooltip says, this item will stop the Celestial Events, causing them to vanish along with all of their enemies. This item may only be used while there is at least one Pillar left, and will not summon the Moon Lord.

So, what did you think of this suggestion? Was it good? Was it bad? Let me know! Thanks! :D

Last edited:
Hmmm... Personally, I'd probably be more likely to support this if the Lunatic Cultist dropped something worthwhile. But no matter.

Just one thought: Perhaps make the recipe not require Fragments. I can see this having a use for a player that 'accidentally' kills the Lunatic Cultist and finds that they are woefully unprepared for the Celestial events. This would give them the ability to cancel it and go and buff up before retrying it. It could instead require Chlorophyte or Hallowed bars? Maybe combined with Souls of Night/Light?

Hmmm... Personally, I'd probably be more likely to support this if the Lunatic Cultist dropped something worthwhile. But no matter.

Just one thought: Perhaps make the recipe not require Fragments. I can see this having a use for a player that 'accidentally' kills the Lunatic Cultist and finds that they are woefully unprepared for the Celestial events. This would give them the ability to cancel it and go and buff up before retrying it. It could instead require Chlorophyte or Hallowed bars? Maybe combined with Souls of Night/Light?
Yeah, it could be a drop from the cultist. I'll add this to the crafting recipe. Check it now (or in a minute or so).

As for the Chlorophyte and Hallowed bars idea, yeah, that might work too. I'll work on that crafting recipe later though - I'm a bit busy ATM.

Yeah, it could be a drop from the cultist. I'll add this to the crafting recipe. Check it now (or in a minute or so).

As for the Chlorophyte and Hallowed bars idea, yeah, that might work too. I'll work on that crafting recipe later though - I'm a bit busy ATM.
I meant that the Lunatic Cultist doesn't drop any weapons or crafting items, so it had no "worthwhile" drops. You only need one Ancient Manipulator after all. Though as a collector, I too want the mask and trophy; I just wish the Cultist had something more. It apparently doesn't even have an Expert mode item.

No rush to update - I'm at work myself. Do it when you have spare time. :)

I meant that the Lunatic Cultist doesn't drop any weapons or crafting items, so it had no "worthwhile" drops. You only need one Ancient Manipulator after all. Though as a collector, I too want the mask and trophy; I just wish the Cultist had something more. It apparently doesn't even have an Expert mode item.

No rush to update - I'm at work myself. Do it when you have spare time. :)
Ooooh, oops. Well I already edited the post. I'll edit it back. xD

I was actually thinking about doing a suggestion sometime for a drop for the Cultist, but I'm still trying to figure out some idea for what he should drop.

Back
Top Bottom