tModLoader Census - Town NPC Checklist

I've found a bug. Two alive NPC's will often overlap two unavailable ones.

I think it might not always be two exactly, but I am not sure.

Tgo3q5i.png

Other than that. Thank you for this amazing mod. Super helpful!
can you try resizing your window a tiny bit? the game has some bad logic that is hard to predict that causes each column to have a different count of npc.

Switching to another resolution seems to fix it indeed, but I play in fullscreen and I'd prefer to stay at 1920x1080. Is there anything that can be done about it?

Edit: Actually, increasing the UI scale by 1% also worked. still not ideal, but it's fine now.
[doublepost=1546555867,1546555708][/doublepost]Also, I just noticed that it says the truffle is available, which he technically is, but perhaps it should be specified that he needs a mushroom biome to spawn. Not really a bug tho.

Switching to another resolution seems to fix it indeed, but I play in fullscreen and I'd prefer to stay at 1920x1080. Is there anything that can be done about it?

Edit: Actually, increasing the UI scale by 1% also worked. still not ideal, but it's fine now.
[doublepost=1546555867,1546555708][/doublepost]Also, I just noticed that it says the truffle is available, which he technically is, but perhaps it should be specified that he needs a mushroom biome to spawn. Not really a bug tho.
k, I'll see if I can replicate the math exactly to fix that bug. And I'll think about how to communicate housing requirements as well. Thanks.

Is there a possibility to make that your mod fix this problem?
that message spam endless till i exit the npc menu
:(
20190315175248-1-2009285.jpg
20190315175314-1-2009286.jpg

Just wondering, do you still intend to work on this more? I'm mostly just concerned about it getting abandoned as I notice there've not been any commits since December 2018.
It still seems like an immensely useful concept, but in its current state, mostly due to not working in multiplayer, and general bugginess of an initial release (both of which are likely contributing to a lack of devs picking up support), I can't bring myself to use it seriously in any pack I'm making.

Just wondering, do you still intend to work on this more? I'm mostly just concerned about it getting abandoned as I notice there've not been any commits since December 2018.
It still seems like an immensely useful concept, but in its current state, mostly due to not working in multiplayer, and general bugginess of an initial release (both of which are likely contributing to a lack of devs picking up support), I can't bring myself to use it seriously in any pack I'm making.
From what I've seen, the big mods have added support. I can fix the multiplayer stuff soon probably. It's not abandoned, I just haven't touched it in a while since it's working fine.

From what I've seen, the big mods have added support. I can fix the multiplayer stuff soon probably. It's not abandoned, I just haven't touched it in a while since it's working fine.
Oh? I've only seen one mod mention adding support so far, but alright. And oh, I thought there was some math bug a few months back causing overlapping NPC icons that needed fixing, and general column weirdness, but that was all after the last commit so I figured the mod's status was kind of up in the air.
That said, it'd be great if the multiplayer aspect would be fixed soon probably, and thank you for the prompt response!

I've loaded an absurd quantity of mods to test it:
5w9RZIs.png

I found explicit Census support in Calamity (Archmage, Drunk Princess, Sea King), Thorium (Blacksmith, Cobbler, Confused Zombie, Cook, Desert Acolyte, Diverman, Druid, Spiritualist, Weapon Master), and AlchemistNPC Lite (Alchemist, Architect, Brewer, Jeweler, Musician, Operator, Young Brewer). That's all from my test list of mods. So not only are many big content mods (Tremor, Spirit, Antiaris, Elements Awoken, Ancients Awakened, Sacred Tools, etc.) not supporting it yet, most of the "something NPC" mods also do not.
[
"Consolaria",
"FKBossHealthBar",
"WMITF",
"WingSlot",
"BossChecklist",
"chadsfurni",
"RecipeBrowser",
"MoreChestLoot",
"SpiritMod",
"QLS_Updated",
"CalamityMod",
"CalamityModMusic",
"AlchemistNPCLite",
"ReducedGrinding",
"ShopExpander",
"Fargowiltas",
"ThoriumMod",
"CosmeticVariety",
"Antiaris",
"ItemChecklist",
"Peculiarity",
"AssortedCrazyThings",
"JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod",
"Census",
"CheatSheet",
"BaseMod",
"GRealm",
"ElementsAwoken",
"SacredTools",
"AAMod",
"Tremor",
"Laugicality",
"Fernium",
"ofDarkandBelow",
"CorruCrimNPCs",
"wcultnpc",
"AlcNPCButGood",
"HelpfulNPCs",
"PicklockNPC",
"MaterialTraderNpc",
"FlowerNPC",
"Bor",
"Gambler",
"ArchitectNPC",
"MiniBossNPC",
"LumberjackNPC",
"EAMusic"
]

Last edited:
-snip-

I found explicit Census support in Calamity (Archmage, Drunk Princess, Sea King), Thorium (Blacksmith, Cobbler, Confused Zombie, Cook, Desert Acolyte, Diverman, Druid, Spiritualist, Weapon Master), and AlchemistNPC Lite (Alchemist, Architect, Brewer, Jeweler, Musician, Operator, Young Brewer). That's all from my test list of mods. So not only are many big content mods (Tremor, Thorium, Antiaris, Elements Awoken, Ancients Awakened, Sacred Tools, etc.) not supporting it yet, most of the "something NPC" mods also do not.
[
"Consolaria",
"FKBossHealthBar",
"WMITF",
"WingSlot",
"BossChecklist",
"chadsfurni",
"RecipeBrowser",
"MoreChestLoot",
"SpiritMod",
"QLS_Updated",
"CalamityMod",
"CalamityModMusic",
"AlchemistNPCLite",
"ReducedGrinding",
"ShopExpander",
"Fargowiltas",
"ThoriumMod",
"CosmeticVariety",
"Antiaris",
"ItemChecklist",
"Peculiarity",
"AssortedCrazyThings",
"JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod",
"Census",
"CheatSheet",
"BaseMod",
"GRealm",
"ElementsAwoken",
"SacredTools",
"AAMod",
"Tremor",
"Laugicality",
"Fernium",
"ofDarkandBelow",
"CorruCrimNPCs",
"wcultnpc",
"AlcNPCButGood",
"HelpfulNPCs",
"PicklockNPC",
"MaterialTraderNpc",
"FlowerNPC",
"Bor",
"Gambler",
"ArchitectNPC",
"MiniBossNPC",
"LumberjackNPC",
"EAMusic"
]
Cripes. How on earth did you have all of those loaded at once? Were you using the 64 bit tModLoader or something?
But huh, it's good to see that a number of mods ARE adding support though, and I'm not surprised that Calamity and Thorium are the first on top of it.
Interesting about AlchemistNPC, wasn't expecting that, though that's nice since if I recall some of the NPCs have rather odd requirements there.

5w9RZIs.png

I found explicit Census support in Calamity (Archmage, Drunk Princess, Sea King), Thorium (Blacksmith, Cobbler, Confused Zombie, Cook, Desert Acolyte, Diverman, Druid, Spiritualist, Weapon Master), and AlchemistNPC Lite (Alchemist, Architect, Brewer, Jeweler, Musician, Operator, Young Brewer). That's all from my test list of mods. So not only are many big content mods (Tremor, Thorium, Antiaris, Elements Awoken, Ancients Awakened, Sacred Tools, etc.) not supporting it yet, most of the "something NPC" mods also do not.
[
"Consolaria",
"FKBossHealthBar",
"WMITF",
"WingSlot",
"BossChecklist",
"chadsfurni",
"RecipeBrowser",
"MoreChestLoot",
"SpiritMod",
"QLS_Updated",
"CalamityMod",
"CalamityModMusic",
"AlchemistNPCLite",
"ReducedGrinding",
"ShopExpander",
"Fargowiltas",
"ThoriumMod",
"CosmeticVariety",
"Antiaris",
"ItemChecklist",
"Peculiarity",
"AssortedCrazyThings",
"JPANsBagsOfHoldingMod",
"Census",
"CheatSheet",
"BaseMod",
"GRealm",
"ElementsAwoken",
"SacredTools",
"AAMod",
"Tremor",
"Laugicality",
"Fernium",
"ofDarkandBelow",
"CorruCrimNPCs",
"wcultnpc",
"AlcNPCButGood",
"HelpfulNPCs",
"PicklockNPC",
"MaterialTraderNpc",
"FlowerNPC",
"Bor",
"Gambler",
"ArchitectNPC",
"MiniBossNPC",
"LumberjackNPC",
"EAMusic"
]
Thanks for the research. If anyone is a fan of any of the mods that are missing, you can direct them to this page and it is very easy to add support: tModLoader - Census - Town NPC Checklist

Census v0.2 Released

Thanks to some suggestions on the Discord server, I've implemented a new feature for this mod:

Town NPC Locating Arrow feature. It is useful for finding a specific town npc more easily:

"Currently doesn't work in multi-player. For multi-player, the server console command "TownProgress" can be useful for now."

Please fix the OP, I was sad there for a moment before checking commit messages on git.

Great mod!

Back
Top Bottom