Other Literature Central Amalgamation of Literate Genius

Demorticue

Spazmatism
The Point of the "Amalgamation of Literal Genius"

This will be where I post forms of my writing from now on.
Types will be set off by a disclaimer in the top of the work.
The first several writings will just be carry-overs from my other threads.
Perhaps this may help me to grow and CONQUER THE WORL-
*ACK* *COUGH* *WHEEZE*
Uh... become popular?

May my works be of interest.

The Toil of Sweets
(Short Story)
Lush vegetation covered the heavily dampened cavern. Every step taken by the lone adventurer would result in a frighteningly stupendous splash of mud and bits of foliage. The devilish moan of motor-like wings drowned out all noises, even to the point of silencing thoughts. The cave had seized all light that would have a chance at brightening any object, aside from the sweltering blast of a roasting torch.
The explorer was drenched in sweat and musky sludge that constantly sloshed upon his knees and legs through the repetitive bulldozing of the marshy terrain. His movements were often faltered by low-lying plants, writhing like tendrils along smoldering drafts let loose by the active light show of lava, boiling and toiling beneath pillars of mud and stone. Enormous hives were embedded in the oozing walls of dank soil, which gradually mixed with imperfect honey to create a golden-brown, tar-like flow. Occasionally, a dozen or so bees would erupt from hives, ready to scrounge the cavern for gifts to offer to their matriarch.
It had been hours since the explorer had eaten, and his foul hunger had cursed him with the temptation to raid a hive. The lust for natural honey carved a bewildering hole of jittery craving in his mind. Without a second thought, he carefully proceeded towards the golden, crispy blob of combs. Using vines as ropes, he sung across the open alcove, making sure not to fall into the jagged, half-molten rocks below.
The vine snapped, catching the man off guard and sending him hurdling towards a pool of orange, bubbly magma. He quickly unfastened a sturdy grappling hook from his luggage and heaved forth the long, metallic appendage with all of his might. With a resounding clank, the claw of the hook lodged itself within a crevasse upon a sturdy stone. Soon after, he was dangling in the open; any creature could open fire and lay waste upon him. He knew of this, however, and began to swing his body violently to and fro. The momentum of his actions fired him towards the edge of of the delicious empire of bees and wasps. The amber glow of the molten rocks and metal beneath the land cast its aura of ominous doom upon solidified honey and water. He was surely to be appeased by this crystallized banquet, but he knew it was better on the inside. Slowly, yet precisely, he caved his way into the humming castle of sweets as his hunger constantly bugged him.
At last, he had busted his way into the gigantic hive. The dreadful buzzing of pestering bees was unfathomable, yet the reward was worth it. A vast golden lake stretched from every inch of the chamber and floor. The glow of magical spores and flowing lava seeped in from the explorer's tunnel, creating a dazzling spectrum of lights and glitters. He could hold down the temptation no longer. He revved up a running jump and launched himself into the pool of waxy liquid. He landed upon the crystal-clear, thick ooze with a hardy squish. Then, quite ravenously, he shoveled handfuls into his mouth and jars.
All of a sudden, during the chaotic flailing, storing, and gluttony, a loud *SQUASH* resounded throughout the cavity. The buzzing of the bees and insects stopped immediately. Through the honey, the man could see blood, as well as the torn carcass of a young, gigantic bee. He quickly darted to the edge as a monstrous abomination-of-an-insect reared its hideous face withing the tunnel. What a terrible person the explorer was.

Terraria Monster Haiku List
(Poetry)
These are the works of a Plan and a Pastry. Originally from my Terraria mob haiku list.
(Combination of My Works and Tastypastry's)

Ravenous hopping.
Blue ooze sliding to the ground.
Slashed by a lone man.

Brought back from the grave.
Wandering along the hills.
In search of some brains.

Soaring through the stars.
Forever watching the man.
Caught in horrid gaze.

An ancient evil sleeps
Impending doom approaches
The end has begun (Tastypastry)

Dormant sleep for eons
Three pulsating hearts impaled
The Brain seeks revenge

Gentle waves sweeping
The glowing bait is cast forth
The Duke grows hungry

Dark land is conquered
The keeper must protect it
The Eater is nigh

A planet is found
The Martian Empire must grow
The war has started

Servants hard at work
Their heart and soul they must give
Their God must be pleased (Tastypastry)

Plagued by ancient curse
A lone warrior arrives
Hope flows from the man

A rough deal is made
The curse shall be lifted now
The old man fainted

The beast spews outward
Bony claws shoot to the sky
The curse is alive

In the temple lies
A demon's ceramic cage
Built by the lihzahrds (Tastypastry)

An evil presence
Staring forever at him
The warrior weeps

A golden fortress
The heir to the throne is slain
The queens wrath you must suffer (Tastypastry)

The season is here
Judges and saints roam the night
The cold breeze whisks by

Spirits are alive
The unholy now rejoice
Masks and candy fly

A false treasure waits
A foolish hero is drawn close
A Nasty surprise (Tastypastry)

Land vibrates for hours
The shifting of gears is heard
The metal worm lives

The air gets colder
Distant lights can be observed
The metal curse lives

Doom haunts the man's soul
The world is cast in cursed flames
The metal eyes live

The Guide's sacrifice
The abomination lives
The spirits are free (Tastypastry)

The flesh tumbles fast
The stench are sight are horrid
You are terrible

And so concludes the Haiku saga of Terraria's many monsters.

Blue Fortress Over Yonder
(Poetry)

Forever shall simple beings ponder on the blue fortress over yonder,
So long has it stood there, yet no soul has claimed heir,
Perhaps a city underground? Maybe a treasure no hunter has found?

Only the man knows of this truth.
Only the man seems to be a sleuth.
No matter what you ask, he responds in a daze,
The meaning of his rambles remain in haze.
He seems to hide its contents like a child, yet his manner is not so mild.

Can one be too sure of his problem's start? Or is it really to be kept in his heart?
Some may say it's a pain, but most say he lies for gain.
Does he like it so, or would he respond with a crazed "No!"
He often speaks to himself at night, O how we wish we could fix his plight!
Would knowing such a secret take Might? Would it disrupt his world's Sight? Does this conspiracy fill him with Fright?
O how we wish we could fix his plight!

Hark! Enough rambling in the meantime! We shall find this secret with perfect chime!
Tonight, we shall meet him under the moon! We shall help him 'till we swoon! He may give up rather soon!
Tonight, we shall do as he pleads! Whatever his command, we shall do as he needs!
Tonight will end the hiding!
Tonight, we will be riding!

Plight Brought Upon Us
(Poetry)
Must we truly take for granted what we so desperately require?
Are our true ambitions set forth from the hands of desire?
The lone adventurer is a threat looming on the horizon.
They are a menace and see no need to heed or brazen.

Just look at the destruction they have caused!
Just look at the progress that they have paused!
Lives now fly towards the brink of ruin and despair.
And it all stated with the burning of that hair.

Yes! The doll! It was the cause of it all!
What power lies within those bodies?
Is our perception of magic truly this shoddy?
Perhaps the doll was the source of this scourge.
Maybe it is why our land is stuck in this purge.

Days have passed, and the world is still gory.
O how we wish this was all just a story.
The one with the sword, he is our true worry.
Not the savages, filled to the brim with gold;
Not the titans made of the metals of old;
Not even the cult, whose story is to be told.

We fear our leader is on on this, too.
He may have been plotting this chaos since Day Number Two.
His demeanor is all the more mysterious and rotten.
He plays the role of a Guide who has never forgotten,
What this world has begotten.

Thanks to the adventurer, with no thought in their actions and manners,
Thanks to the Guide, with his delight in the world's blight and banners,
Our world is now corrupt! Our world is now bright!
We only see these changes as bringing blight!
Perhaps now our souls may take flight,
And escape from their next fight.

These two are monsters! No more than roaches!
Now the Almighty Impending Doom approaches!

It kinda split...
Blade of Night
(Other)
Listen to my tale, for I shall shed it now. I am sure that you interest in the darkness of your world.

I am forged of the purest of your world's dark feelings. They are my true essence. I am forged of the four elements from which your world is comprised. Now listen closely, for the time is now. My true story lies beyond this remark!
My darkness is my oldest part, for it has lived forever! It lives in shadows and polluted minds for they are its most abundant supplier. The light resents me--I cannot blame it--for my demeanor's all too corrupt. You could even say that to this day I remain Light's Bane. Or is it my blood, parallel with that of darkness and evil? They've existed alongside one another for eons, for corruption spills blood. Such is the act of a "Blood Butcher-er."
Next is my nature, or my part among its life. I do not play an important role yet I am everywhere. Am I important? Do they acknowledge my existence? I do not know. I grow everywhere, and my bite is a sting. Considering nature I am a Blade of Grass.
After that, you catch my plague. I have cast it upon the dead in all of their entirety. Do not fret for my evil is still only their power. It courses through their veins at speeds of untold powers and it slices through the light of untold hours. Just like the cursed blade of legend I am a Muramasa.
Lastly is my hatred, which glows with putrid wrath. Sent to the bowls of Hell was my final piece. I live there, too, to strengthen my own power. I temper my very temper like that of a Fiery Great-sword!
Finally, I am together in all my glory! All four evils of the very world reside within my edge. Purple. Glowing. Looming. I am the Night's own Edge!

Your Heart, Dear Boy
(Other)

Dawn rises,
The sun chastises,
The hills gleam ever more with their prizes.

Dusk sets,
The sun forgets,
The moon grows red with fury and little regrets.

The people of my land have hungered for this night for ages,
Many years ago, we were told this by our sages,
The heroes' lives are running out of pages.

Hear! I cry for this day all night in my caves; my tears fill the very pools of your oceans. I have seen all that your gods have to offer. I am the bearer of the ancient spirits of Light and Dark. I've lived among the hero as a shadow; he never knew! Oh what a life the disguise of a guide can brew! My body sits here under the ashes.
I am waiting for that boy to catch my hints...

I am the god of your world, boy! My folds and vessels careen over the course of your entire kingdom!

Come here!

Come here!

I want to show you something nice!

You see that doll on that cliff?

Burn it!

Burn it!

Something good will surely come of it, I am sure! I hear it unleashes ultimate power, oh yes!

Burn it in the fire, now! I can't wait to see what happens!

Burn it!

Burn it!

I hear ancient spirits lurk within this power!

You've messed up, boy! I hope you know what you have done! You've unleashed my body from its holds!
I shall smother you in the wrath of old!

Come closer!

Come closer!

I hunger for your flesh! I am the mighty King of Flesh! My body yearns for fresh meat! I must have that power in your heart; it is so strong to have faced my father's gaze and thoughts. It must be strong from the twisting of my father's pet! It must be so brave for coming down here just for me!

Come closer, boy! I want that heart, now! My father will be very upset if you get past me! I am the god of your world, don't look past thee!
Burning that doll, oh yes that doll! I love the scent of agony in my lovely Hell's air! Now look at me, boy! I want that heart, now!

Strike me, if you dare! I have the souls of your damned brethren to aid me in this battle! They, too, hunger for your heart, oh that brave, powerful heart!
I smell your brain, it is nice, too! I wonder what your demeanor must taste of. I wonder what your keenness must taste of. My damned underlings will aid me in that question.

Why look at me like that, boy? Do you not like the true form of your favorite guide? Do you not like my wonderful maw? My magnificent gaze, too? I shall have you know that my father bestowed these upon me. Does my aroma displease you? I notice the grimace on your face, and it troubles me.

Never-mind that. I shall not be distracted by that face for long. Your god of flesh will devour you! My damned souls shall share in this untimely banquet!

WHAT IS THAT?! I say, my boy, I do not like that thing in your hands. How did you get that sword?
No! NO! NO PLEASE! I MUST TASTE YOUR HEART!

YOU WILL NOT DESTROY ME! I AM THE GOD OF YOUR WORLD! I MUST DEVOUR YOU WHOLE!

YOU ARE A TERRIBLE PERSON!

A ghastly air fills the underworld. The corpse of an eldritch abomination lays sprawled upon the steaming coals of Hell. A lone man is standing upon the pile of raw, horrid meat. As he gazes up at the ceiling, spectacles of horrid and splendid light fly into the interior of the world. A voice calls out as they dissipate.

"My father may not be around, that is for sure. But, I wait for you to face his brother. At least then, I may finally taste that heart of yours... boy."

Years passed since my duel with the Wall. I am the lone man atop his corpse. To this day I have had nightmares about that last line he uttered. "My father... his brother..."
What could that have possibly meant? I have no idea. I have no guide to turn to, anymore. They may all be traitors.
I still smell the flesh of his horrid being.
I still see his blood stained on Night's Edge.
I must seek the light of the Hallowed Ones.

"What do you mean you are busy?"
"I said it, and that is all that there is to it, now leave me be."
"No. Tell me why you can not help me, O member of the Hallowed Three."
"Leave me be."
"Why?"
"Can you not see the structure behind me?!"
"Yes, I see it. So what?"
"GAH! Boy, you are an idiot! It's a machine! The other two have their own."
"For what?"
"His brother."
"The Guide's?"
"NO! THE WALL'S FATHER'S!"

The sky was lit in green flames. My townspeople were scattered among the hills like ants under attack. You could classify them as that, I suppose. We WERE under attack. The machines. How could the Hallowed ones make such a mistake? I must move into the blue lands, or face them head-on.

The head of the armed monstrosity adjusted its view towards the man.
"Boy, your heart is not enough for his brother. We are only trying to help you all escape."
Steam spewed from valves on the skull's exterior.
Two enormous titanium spheres hovered behind it, gazing at the man.
The body of the Metal Eater encircled the group.
"No! I must stop this madness! You are killing my people!"
"So be it."

Hours later, scraps and wires littered the plains. Every citizen of the man's city had been killed off by the Hallowed Three's mistakes.

More years have passed. About a decade, I presume. I have conquered the queens of the jungle. They, too, warn me of "His Brother." I have slain the duke of the ocean, and the army of the dead. Once more, "His Brother is coming." I can only ponder on what this means.

"Stranger! What is your name? Do not disturb our ritual."
"Call me Boy."
"Okay, Boy. Leave us be. We must focus on His Brother."

Those words snapped within my mind. Surely they were working on bring this "Brother" into my kingdom. I killed them all - even their leader.

The sky flashed with colors of unfathomable peaks. Four pillars from the celestial realm littered the hills with monsters. A shadow lurked high in the horizon. It seemed to be covering its chest - as if it were missing something.

A voice filled my head.
"Your heart, boy. I need that heart."

Impending Doom is approaching.

A New Horror
(Short Story)
The night was quiet and somber. A lone man was minding his own business, as usual, by preparing the next week's rations of food. As splints of wood flew past his face he gravely thought of what a resident of his town had warned about.
"I hear the spirits moaning," she said. "It feels like a Blood Moon is coming."
The man had witnessed a Blood Moon once, and he knew of the great dangers that lurked within them. His hands quavered as he carried the supplies towards his house. The sun was eagerly resting upon a distant hill, ready to let the next night pass by. A crimson hue loomed over the opposite horizon. His heart skipped a beat, and he began to feel numb as he realized how little time he had to barricade the homes.
Hours passed, yet nothing happened. The dryad stood aloft her porch in confused awe. Feeling worried for what this could mean, she called upon the man to ask him a favor.
"You need to go see what that is," she said with a hint of nervous trembling. "This has never happened to us before, and I feel like you should scout it out."
"I see," mumbled the man. "I don't like that glow, either. I'll go get my stuff."
"Hurry! We can't risk leaving that glow alone!"
Upon the next morning, the man embarked towards the eastern lands with his gear. Even while the sun was out, the red glow was still visible. He squinted his eyes to make sure nothing of worry was around the glow. In his narrow view he could see that it was not a glow, but more like that of a bleak, red haze of some sort of dust or particles. His interest (and fear) was all the more peaked, and he began to quicken his pace.
Over the course of the day, many oddities began to appear in the land proceeding the vale of red muck. Small puddles of blood would often spring like water from the ground, and chunks of meat and red vine dotted the hills. Strange, red-grey mushrooms grew in some fungus patches with normal mushrooms, and the earth beneath the man's own feet seemed like it was dying from the inside out.
"This feels like the corrupted lands," he said to himself while pondering his surroundings. "I hope this isn't Corruption..."
When he trekked the last mountain, his hopes were confirmed. It was not Corruption, but something slightly different instead.
The view of the horrid land made him feel sick to the stomach. What new horror was this?!

Last edited:
*Snort*
Hehehehe...

Well, this was long due, but my TCF Contest 2 entry is now here, so that is something...

I MEAN - UM -

Among the toils of yesteryear, and within the heart of a forlorn, impossible feat,
Lies the very one that I hold dear, the one whom was horribly beat.

Looks are deceiving, and surely able to say truth.
However, see for yourself, and give sights a try.
Find out what seems, and forever be the sleuth.

-I cannot believe I neglected "A New Horror" for as long as I did...

After reading Toil of Sweets again, I now realize I must make it my duty to erase "Purple Prose" from my style...

...dang it.

Back
Top Bottom