tModLoader Chad's Furniture-and-More-Mod

After a bit more testing, the memory issues seemed to have been fixed on my end. This makes me very happy indeed. Thank you Chad. :)

PS - As an aside, how would you feel about adding some free standing barrels that are stack able but don't count as storage in a future update?

You can't imagine the happiness I feel at the fact that all those memory issues have finally been fixed.
Congratulations Chad for seeing it through!

Now back at the usual state of being in this thread: I have a little bit of a suggestion.
how about making aquariums/fish bowls for all the various species of fish there are in the game, quest fish included?
I really want a "Harpyfish in a Bowl" :naughty:

I seem to have found a mod that yours currently disagrees with. It's called Furniture, Food, and Fun and is basically a garden-type of mod.

I haven't used your mod yet and I am wondering if its going to be getting a compatibility update? I don't know if it would be specifically for the one I have or if it would be in general.

EDIT: Disabling Carpets Worked!

Last edited:
Hey, Chad, just wanted to update you: I've been playing a small multiplayer server with Chad's furniture at least a few days every week for the past month or so, and I've had no problems. I've been seriously enjoying this, so thank you for all the work you've done on this mod. It's an auto-include for all our new worlds, now.

Hey, Chad, just wanted to update you: I've been playing a small multiplayer server with Chad's furniture at least a few days every week for the past month or so, and I've had no problems. I've been seriously enjoying this, so thank you for all the work you've done on this mod. It's an auto-include for all our new worlds, now.

Did you have any issues with the mod-added animations? Birdhouses, clocks, spinning wheel etc? That's the only issue we're having with multiplayer at the moment, stability is good otherwise.

I cannot seem to craft any Spinning Wheels. The only one I see in the Recipe browser is Rumplestiltskins, and it doesn't have a crafting recipe. the Loom doesn't work as a spinning wheel, or I'd use that.

@360Chadscope Yo. Your mod has utterly terrible optimization of GlobalTile.PostDraw hooks. So bad that i had to remove it from my server.
upload_2018-3-21_21-22-19.png

It takes your mod around ~600ms (all numbers just relative) to just CHECK whether or not it should draw something. That's in a world with none of your furniture blocks at all. Compare it to overhaul's ~17ms, while it's doing way more there.

Looked at your sourcecode, so here's some tips:
1. Merge all GlobalTile classes into one.
2. Make it so that TileType-like methods are only called once, somewhere in initialization.
3. Save value of "mod" to some variable. FYI, mod is a property, i.e. it's exactly like a method being called every time you read it.
4. Don't use thing such as WorldGen.SolidTile. It's trycatched in game's source for some reason.
5. Place tile.type checks before anything like SolidTile. But after something that checks that tile.active() is true.
6. Cache textures:
upload_2018-3-21_21-43-47.png

7. Don't be bad.

...i'm probably treating you like a noob way too much, lol. Hopefully you fix this soon. Lag can get unbearable with other fat and badly coded mods.

I don't know if this has been dealt with or not, but when I placed the floors down they disappear after a period of time. I'm currently building in the ocean biome if that has anything to do with it.

Alright! Hello everyone. Just made an account. I wanted to say this mod is amazing! There are not many mods that focus on decoration, but even if they were...I think this would be at the top.

Now, I wanted to point out a bug: Mystic Beds do not seem to count as the 'chair' requirement for a house.

Why is this mod taking so much resources? I go from 59-61 fps to ~47 when I enable this mod (I do use Calamity, Spirit, Antiaris and Thorium among many other mods, but I only lose frame rates when I enable this one). Setting all options in config to false didn't help at all. I can only gain ~3 fps by playing at 102% zoom (setting zoom higher doesn't work any better). I really like stuff this mod adds (as I've been trying to get better at building and decorating stuff) but the performance loss is way too much.

Best building mod ever. But it would be great to see some more furniture. For example, more types of ladders, like mahagony ladder, boreal wood ladder and ladders made from other types of wood. Also, it would be cool if you add Betsy's collectible figure or just dragon collectible figure. And personal computer with Terraria icon on the desktop.

1) I cannot for the life of me locate the spinning wheel, though I did see someone say it can be aquired from the hardmore merchant, he didn't have it when I checked.

2) Might I request a set of royal purple and gold trimmed banners.

3) A second request of a furniture set thats similar to the royal set but to match said banners above.

1) I cannot for the life of me locate the spinning wheel, though I did see someone say it can be aquired from the hardmore merchant, he didn't have it when I checked.

2) Might I request a set of royal purple and gold trimmed banners.

3) A second request of a furniture set thats similar to the royal set but to match said banners above.
He sells it randomly. If you wish, you can find me on steam and I can give you one.

whoever is still working on this can you add more inaction figures like uderterrraia and calamity more mods popular like that
[doublepost=1523444468,1523444391][/doublepost]please

Back
Top Bottom