tModLoader Chad's Furniture-and-More-Mod

I like those wall candelabra. They added some new kind of NPC flat lightening. Vanilla Terraria has no 2x2 lights which can be placed at walls.
Vanilla Terraria also miss some other lightening types. I don't like using torches for flats because it could happen that you rightclick the torch (which removes the torch) while talking to the npc living there. Only option in vanilla is pink candle and Christmas lights. But Pink candle you need to place on top of something and Christmas light is a way darker than a normal torch.
So here some ideas what could be added:
1x1 light which won't get removed if you click on it.
2x1 light which can stand at the ground only exists once in vanilla (lava lamp) but this won't count as a light for npc housing. So some new 2x1 light which can stay at ground or at wall would be nice.
1x2, or 1x3 light don't exist at all in terraria. Sometimes only those fit into a npc flat (besides 1x1). That could be e.g. like some usual office halogen ceiling lamp (those with this long light tubes) or also some with steampunk design exist.

Furthermore (if you like to create some hard objet) you could add something like Bubbles (sold by party girl). So a tile which won't block movement but counts as a flat wall. The vanilla bubbles are bugged for npc housing. NPC move out after some time.

Last edited:
Am I the only person that gets a "Castlevania" vibe from these wall candelabras?
EyENd87.png
I am definitely not asking for this as a feature, but I can imagine these candelabras being able to be attacked to reveal a life-heart or coins or something.

At the very least, I'd be interested in researching how to implement such a thing in tModLoader. Quite a personal project. I haven't seen much in the way of Castlevania type Adventure maps.

Godspeed, Chad! You're doing the lord's work. The lord of the land, or the castle, or something.

==================================

EDIT: I was browsing the great and glorious IMGUR machine, and I found this little piece of magic. I know there are Stained Glass windows in the mod, and this has certainly inspired similar aspirations with it.

WpH2WSs.jpg
From this page.

Last edited:
Are there currently "unsafe" versions of the different dungeon wall types, like there are of spider and lihzahrd walls? I didn't see them in the changelog or anything but I haven't checked the mod itself. If not, that would be a great addition to the mod. It would be nice to set up an effective dungeon farm without having to hope for a good world-gen that has all three types near each other. `:)

By the way, I really love the mod so far! I'm actually trying to do a creative building project for once (possibly for an upcoming CC?), and this is great for both inspiration and actual furniture pieces! Between this mod and a few others, I've got plenty to work with! Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
FO3bL6h.png
Another spoiler for the upcoming update:
zMIGqwW.png

A serene waterfall place in my garden to help me collect my thoughts when working on the bird AI for the birdhouse. The bunny will probably be easier ;)
Any chance of getting flippable statues? I've got a horse that's bugging me by facing the same way as its neigh-bor. (I'm not sorry for the pun.)
The horse statue will be flippable in the next update :)
Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but making the Dyes and Hair Dyes placeable similar to potions may be a good idea!
That's a really cool idea! I've added it to the list of suggestions, for a future update. Could be really cool for building a barber shop!
This is just a minor complaint, but it's started to bother me how nothing in this mod seems to have a gold value. Sometimes, I accidentally make too much of a furniture item, or don't like the look of it once I place it, or just plain want to redecorate. It stings a little not being able to get anything back.
This will be quite a tedious thing to implement, but it is for the better. It'll be in a future update, I might make a program that automatically assigns values to items depending on their components or something.
Running into an issue with floors. The game...eats them? I don't know. I'll place some down, they look fine, then I go and do some other stuff for a bit, not even leaving the general area, but at some point when I'm not looking, all the floors I put down get erased. It's not just that they aren't rendering, because neither using the stanley knife nor breaking the block drops the item. They just stop existing after a while.
That is a known bug, it's fixed in the next update. Thanks for reporting!
A final multipost, since I tested and only two out of all the mods I have on (Grealm & Sacred Tools) remembered this. As well as bookcases, pianos and bathtubs (so that a full bathroom with toilet counts as a house) should be recognized as a room having a table in it.
Do all of these things actually count as surfaces in vanilla? Pianos I can see, since most of them have a flat top, bookcases I guess do have surfaces, but bathtubs?
Volcanic Glass
Added to the list of suggestions!
I like those wall candelabra. They added some new kind of NPC flat lightening. Vanilla Terraria has no 2x2 lights which can be placed at walls.
Vanilla Terraria also miss some other lightening types. I don't like using torches for flats because it could happen that you rightclick the torch (which removes the torch) while talking to the npc living there. Only option in vanilla is pink candle and Christmas lights. But Pink candle you need to place on top of something and Christmas light is a way darker than a normal torch.
So here some ideas what could be added:
1x1 light which won't get removed if you click on it.
2x1 light which can stand at the ground only exists once in vanilla (lava lamp) but this won't count as a light for npc housing. So some new 2x1 light which can stay at ground or at wall would be nice.
1x2, or 1x3 light don't exist at all in terraria. Sometimes only those fit into a npc flat (besides 1x1). That could be e.g. like some usual office halogen ceiling lamp (those with this long light tubes) or also some with steampunk design exist.
Furthermore (if you like to create some hard objet) you could add something like Bubbles (sold by party girl). So a tile which won't block movement but counts as a flat wall. The vanilla bubbles are bugged for npc housing. NPC move out after some time.
More light types sound cool, I might dedicate a small update to those at some point. Thanks for the suggestions! Bubbles do sound pretty tough, I'll see what I can do.
Are there any plans to make a blank paintable version of that canopy bed? I love that bed but I really would love to have the sheets be recolorable without messing up the wood.
I'm currently planning a future update that adds a furniture set that can be customized much more than the current paintable set. With different cloth patterns and such. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll make sure not to forget the canopy bed!
Are there currently "unsafe" versions of the different dungeon wall types, like there are of spider and lihzahrd walls? I didn't see them in the changelog or anything but I haven't checked the mod itself. If not, that would be a great addition to the mod. It would be nice to set up an effective dungeon farm without having to hope for a good world-gen that has all three types near each other. `:)

By the way, I really love the mod so far! I'm actually trying to do a creative building project for once (possibly for an upcoming CC?), and this is great for both inspiration and actual furniture pieces! Between this mod and a few others, I've got plenty to work with! Keep up the good work!
I don't think the mod has those at the moment. I think I can add those, although as soon as you break them again they'd turn into safe versions again :/
Make a 3D Printer and craft the placeable version.
I'm thinking maybe I should make it a right-click function for the normal potion items. Not sure if that'd work, but I'll try it out.

I'm loving this mod, thank you!

In my single player world everything works perfectly. But in the world my partner hosts for us to play together, some items cannot be crafted even when I have all the correct items for the recipe and am near the correct crafting station. Wardrobes, cabinets, and carpets just don't show up to be crafted! I've brought some from my single player world to use in our shared world, but placing the "imported" carpets, wardrobes, or cabinets results in a wonky sprite being placed, which cannot be removed nor can the blocks it sits on be mined - BUT they look and work fine after the server is saved, closed, and then reloaded. We both have the mod downloaded and enabled. Is this a known issue? Do you suggest we reload the mod maybe?

In my single player world everything works perfectly. But in the world my partner hosts for us to play together, some items cannot be crafted even when I have all the correct items for the recipe and am near the correct crafting station. Wardrobes, cabinets, and carpets just don't show up to be crafted! I've brought some from my single player world to use in our shared world, but placing the "imported" carpets, wardrobes, or cabinets results in a wonky sprite being placed, which cannot be removed nor can the blocks it sits on be mined - BUT they look and work fine after the server is saved, closed, and then reloaded. We both have the mod downloaded and enabled. Is this a known issue? Do you suggest we reload the mod maybe?
These are all known issues, yeah. Multiplayer optimisation is kind of an issue at the moment, as I don't have a solid enough internet connection myself to be able to properly test the mod. As @Kolaris8472 said, for now I've resorted to just disabling the problematic items in multiplayer, until I'm able to make them function properly.

uhm I'm not sure what this is but whenever i try to reload my mods this error pops up.

The type initializer for 'chadsfurni.handleother' threw an exception.
at chadsfurni.Tiles.Animals.DeerHead.SetDefaults()
at Terraria.ModLoader.TileLoader.SetDefaults(ModTile tile)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

Inner Exception:
Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at chadsfurni.handleother..cctor()

I'm using the mods, Critter Craze, Fargo's Mutant Mod, Monster Tamer Mod, with this one. I also tried it by itself and got the same error.

Last edited:
Thanks for both the responses! I hadn't read the changelog.

I love the paintable collection items, but the armchair feels just a bit too small to me, as does the easel. So far those are my only critiques - seriously this mod is great. Makes my houses have so much charm!

uhm I'm not sure what this is but whenever i try to reload my mods this error pops up.

The type initializer for 'chadsfurni.handleother' threw an exception.
at chadsfurni.Tiles.Animals.DeerHead.SetDefaults()
at Terraria.ModLoader.TileLoader.SetDefaults(ModTile tile)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

Inner Exception:
Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at chadsfurni.handleother..cctor()

I'm using the mods, Critter Craze, Fargo's Mutant Mod, Monster Tamer Mod, with this one. I also tried it by itself and got the same error.
Is that with the most recent update (1.4.0.3)?
Thanks for both the responses! I hadn't read the changelog.

I love the paintable collection items, but the armchair feels just a bit too small to me, as does the easel. So far those are my only critiques - seriously this mod is great. Makes my houses have so much charm!
I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the mod! I see what you mean with the armchair and the easel, I try not to make any of my furniture items too large, as I build pretty crowdy houses myself.

Is that with the most recent update (1.4.0.3)?

I got it to work late last night. For some reason after I made my first a world and character, then exited out and reloaded it again it worked.
But now for some reason whenever I make wooden floors once I place them down they disappear after a while.

FO3bL6h.png
As a spoiler, a selection of plant pots and plants available in the next update:
wxpUH7i.png

I got it to work late last night. For some reason after I made my first a world and character, then exited out and reloaded it again it worked.
But now for some reason whenever I make wooden floors once I place them down they disappear after a while.
I'm glad to hear it works again, I'm not sure why it didn't at first.
The wooden floors bug is a known bug, and will be fixed in the next update.

Back
Top Bottom