tModLoader Chad's Furniture-and-More-Mod

FO3bL6h.png
every time i try loading up terraria with chads furni i get this
Hey yea I'm starting to get this same problem again too.
That's because tModLoader has updated and - I guess - older mods don't work anymore. I guess the rabbit AI will have to wait until the next update, then :p
~-~V1.4.0.4 is out now!~-~
Featuring this:
v1.4.0.4
-added 42 pieces of furniture
----including 12 chess pieces, as suggested by @Zalda
----also including a marble plant pot, as suggested by @Marney
-polished some formerly unpolished stuff
----removed 6 obsolete pieces of furniture
----further reduced memory usage, thanks to @Mirsario for helping with this
----the miniature windmill can now be placed facing left as well as right
----and so can the horse statue, thanks to @Kefke for suggesting this
----gave the birdhouse bird its own AI, instead of just having it fly a pre-determined path
-bug fixes:
----carpets will now no longer disappear randomly, thanks to everyone who reported this!
----worlds larger than the vanilla large world will now hopefully no longer crash
----mystic beds now count as chairs
Here's a screenshot of all the furniture added in the update:
CW5F1Mn.png

I think the two Daedra statues and the globe may have been added in the last update actually, but it'll take me, like, at least ten minutes to check and it's easier to just include them in the screenshot.
The six plants on the second row are crafted using seeds (2nd one is hallowed grass seeds, the rest is normal grass seeds). The miniature versions of the strange plants are crafted using the corresponding strange plants. All of them are crafted at the Cultivation Box, shown on the second row. There's also placeable versions of the vanilla jungle plants in the mod. Like with the statues, I'm not sure if I added those in this update or in a previous one, but regardless they can be crafted with jungle seeds at the Cultivation Box.
All the flower pots, even the ones that don't look like clay, are crafted with clay. This may change in the future, Idunno.
The fancy new bird house is that of the gold bird, as shown in a spoiler some time ago. It, and the three previously-added bird houses, have fully functional birds now. If the bird corresponding to the bird house dies or despawns, a new one will spawn. Also (with the exception of the gold birdhouse) all bird houses will 'convert' any normal vanilla bird into a modded birdhouse bird with improved AI when said bird gets close to the house. This is something which I intend on removing in the future.

I'll update the file in the OP and on the mod browser after posting this, so if you read this right after I post it, you might have to wait a few minutes.

Last edited:
Sorry again, but that error mentioned before

The type initializer for 'chadsfurni.handleother' threw an exception.
at chadsfurni.Tiles.Animals.DeerHead.SetDefaults()
at Terraria.ModLoader.TileLoader.SetDefaults(ModTile tile)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

I don't really know that much about modding, but could the problem be that there may be a typo "handleother". is that supposed to be handleather. Again I Don't really know much about this so I could be completely wrong.

Playing on the new update (yay!) and it seems that all existing mod-added walls have disappeared from our world. We can make them again, so it's not a huge issue, but it would be a lot of work and I don't want to get started before knowing if this is a mistake on our end.

Also existing mod-added chests can no longer be opened.

Looking forward to the bird and rabbit AI!

Sorry again, but that error mentioned before

The type initializer for 'chadsfurni.handleother' threw an exception.
at chadsfurni.Tiles.Animals.DeerHead.SetDefaults()
at Terraria.ModLoader.TileLoader.SetDefaults(ModTile tile)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.SetupContent()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

I don't really know that much about modding, but could the problem be that there may be a typo "handleother". is that supposed to be handleather. Again I Don't really know much about this so I could be completely wrong.
I recall having the same error at some point, and I don't believe it has anything to do with the mod per sé. Try reloading the game, and see if it works then. What is the selection of mods you have enabled?
Hi, Chad! Are you interested in adding other languages to this mod? :joy:
I mean sure, why not? I don't speak any of the other languages that are available as translations, so I'd need some help with it, though.
Playing on the new update (yay!) and it seems that all existing mod-added walls have disappeared from our world. We can make them again, so it's not a huge issue, but it would be a lot of work and I don't want to get started before knowing if this is a mistake on our end.

Also existing mod-added chests can no longer be opened.

Looking forward to the bird and rabbit AI!
That must be really frustrating, I'm sorry to hear that :(
I haven't experienced anything like that myself, so I really have no idea what could cause that. Are you using the most recent version of tModLoader? And what is the selection of mods you're using?

Sorry for delays in replying, since I've been taking a break, but yeah...bathtubs count as a surface object. Pretty sure the reasoning is just so a fully-furnished bathroom counts as a complete house.

but yeah...bathtubs count as a surface object. Pretty sure the reasoning is just so a fully-furnished bathroom counts as a complete house.
Isn't that just the worst thing ever? :p Like... you've got a fully furnished house below you, but yeah, I live in the bathroom. e e,

You make the bonus of additional functionality sound as if it were a bad thing. o_O
What if one of my NPCs tries to place an electrical kitchen appliance on the bathtub? I feel like the classification of a bath as a table might be a safety hazard :(
Nice Mod keep it up:pinky:
[doublepost=1531462333,1531462204][/doublepost]By the way why the cocktail bar doesnt work
Thanks! The cocktail bar is an item I never fully implemented. I think I made it in the very first version of the mod, but it looks terrible and I decided to scrap it altogether. I guess I must've left the item in, though it's not regularly available and doesn't place a tile. I might at some point in the future do a summer-themed update adding some nice beach stuff or something.

FO3bL6h.png
A spoiler for the next update, showing all things currently crafted at the cultivation box:
8238zMK.png

The small bottled plants can be hung from the ceiling or placed on a surface.
All plants to the left (with the exception of the 3-wide jungle bush from vanilla and the 1 wide plants) can be placed in my plant pots, and the small ones can be placed in vanilla clay pots as well as in planter boxes.

The next update (1.4.0.5 or 1.4.1) will probably be the last of the gardening updates, at least for a while. Currently I'm working on the AI for the rabbit hole bunny, and I'm planning on adding a variety of garden chairs. Perhaps a picknick table, along with some other garden furniture, and maybe a buddleia plant that spawns butterflies, will round up the rest of this update as I'm planning it right now. Any suggestions on what else you'd like to see in your ingame gardens? (or your real life gardens, although I can't guarantee I'll be able to help you with that)
You should add a Tv
Added to the list of suggestions! I'm considering doing a small electronics-based update after I'm done with the gardening ones. Any other electronic appliances you'd like to see?
A small suggestion: could you add a Bottle of Alcohol variation that's the colors of the thumb nail? A blue/clear bottle that would have the look of a vodka?
Will be added in the next update!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom