tModLoader Chad's Furniture-and-More-Mod

most they look good, but they also need inprovement, can i have the sprite folder?
Chadscope asked you which sprites do you think need improvement, not for you to re-do all his sprites. (which look great as-is imo)

Most people aren't just going to hand over all their sprites to whoever asks. I've noticed you in other threads badgering mod makers to give you their sprites. Stop doing that. Try, "If you're looking for help with respriting, feel free to PM me." That's a lot nicer than sounding as if you're asking to mug them. And if they don't get back to you, then they aren't interested. Don't ask again.

I still hope to see a giant tortoise figure, if you can
upload_2017-6-28_22-58-8.png

The long awaited Giant Tortoise© Collectable Inaction Figure®!
I also redid the moon lord one to make it less 'weird' as @Koopahunter197 put it and to look more like the actual boss:
upload_2017-6-28_23-3-29.png
->
upload_2017-6-28_23-1-32.png

(it's also 4 tiles tall now making it one of the largest pieces of furniture in this mod)
All Collectable Inaction Figures® will drop the first time you defeat their respective boss/mob. If you somehow lose the Collectable Inaction Figure® or just want extra Collectable Inaction Figures® of a certain type, the respective enemy's Trophy or Banner can be crafted into a Collectable Inaction Figure®.
most they look good, but they also need inprovement, can i have the sprite folder?
I'm sorry, but I do not feel comfortable giving my sprites away. But like I said before, I'm happy to improve the sprites myself, if you can tell me which ones don't suffice.

View attachment 174631
I also redid the moon lord one to make it less 'weird' as @Koopahunter197 put it and to look more like the actual boss:
View attachment 174633 -> View attachment 174632
(it's also 4 tiles tall now making it one of the largest pieces of furniture in this mod)
All Collectable Inaction Figures® will drop the first time you defeat their respective boss/mob. If you somehow lose the Collectable Inaction Figure® or just want extra Collectable Inaction Figures® of a certain type, the respective enemy's Trophy or Banner can be crafted into a Collectable Inaction Figure®.
:eek::eek::eek::eek:
You continue to astound me, amazing. & thanks for the tortoise!

View attachment 174631
View attachment 174633 -> View attachment 174632

I'm sorry, but I do not feel comfortable giving my sprites away. But like I said before, I'm happy to improve the sprites myself, if you can tell me which ones don't suffice.
I like that! The new Moon Lord Inaction Figure looks great, though I must admit, it is a bit difficult to tell the right arm (Action figure's vision) apart from the body at first. Also, in certain areas, it looks a bit dither-y, like near the bottom. It's still great as always, though!

Gotta say, I preferred the first one. It's a bit more stylized, sure, but it's still unmistakably ML. And there's a weight and a solidity to it, with the flattened tentacles underneath, that I feel the more realistic version lacks.

Also, showing just the head implies a size which the full figure can't, even at 4 tiles.

Also, I just noticed that the golem figure is quite literally "sitting on a shelf"whether or not you did that because of my post of the idea or not, it looks cute
[doublepost=1498827985,1498827711][/doublepost]& do you know when this update might be coming out, because now I really want these figures in game, you don't need to rush though

do you know when this update might be coming out, because now I really want these figures in game, you don't need to rush though
now

~-~V1.3 is out now!~-~
Featuring this:
-(almost) all vanilla building blocks now merge with eachother
-added 5 blocks
----including granite pillar and bricks as suggested by @Exodus Starlit
-added 1 wall
-added 28 pieces of furniture
----including hm versions of blacksmith's forge as suggested by @Koopahunter197
----also including 16 collectable mob inaction figures
-------in turn including golem and the giant tortoise as suggested by @ThePixelatedGamer8
----also including some sandstone furniture and new sandstone bricks and a sandstone pillar and a normal sand pillar
-fixed bug where crimson walls placed the wrong crimson walls
-fixed bug that displayed multiple pendulums for hanging clocks
-dungeon doors can now be crafted
-honeyfish is now crafted into a placable variant to circumvent a bug reported by @Marney
-marble pillar is now crafted at a workbench instead of a furnace
-marble slab is now crafted with smooth marble + stone, as opposed to only smooth marble
-pillars can now (again) be walked in front of
----(this causes a bug where you cannot place multiple pillar blocks on top of eachother)
----(until this is fixed, you can place a wall behind the pillar (and remove it afterwards) to be able to place them normally.
-made 4 more fish placable
-updated to tModLoader v0.10.0.2

As I mentioned in the changelog above, there is a bug with placing pillars. You can circumvent this by first placing background walls where you want the pillar to be, and removing those once you're done creating the pillar.
I'm planning on adding as many of your recent suggestions as possible to the next update.

now

~-~V1.3 is out now!~-~
Featuring this:
-(almost) all vanilla building blocks now merge with eachother
-added 5 blocks
----including granite pillar and bricks as suggested by @Exodus Starlit
-added 1 wall
-added 28 pieces of furniture
----including hm versions of blacksmith's forge as suggested by @Koopahunter197
----also including 16 collectable mob inaction figures
-------in turn including golem and the giant tortoise as suggested by @ThePixelatedGamer8
----also including some sandstone furniture and new sandstone bricks and a sandstone pillar and a normal sand pillar
-fixed bug where crimson walls placed the wrong crimson walls
-fixed bug that displayed multiple pendulums for hanging clocks
-dungeon doors can now be crafted
-honeyfish is now crafted into a placable variant to circumvent a bug reported by @Marney
-marble pillar is now crafted at a workbench instead of a furnace
-marble slab is now crafted with smooth marble + stone, as opposed to only smooth marble
-pillars can now (again) be walked in front of
----(this causes a bug where you cannot place multiple pillar blocks on top of eachother)
----(until this is fixed, you can place a wall behind the pillar (and remove it afterwards) to be able to place them normally.
-made 4 more fish placable
-updated to tModLoader v0.10.0.2

As I mentioned in the changelog above, there is a bug with placing pillars. You can circumvent this by first placing background walls where you want the pillar to be, and removing those once you're done creating the pillar.
I'm planning on adding as many of your recent suggestions as possible to the next update.
:eek:oh! Thank you!

It's so great you got the pillars worked out. I missed my little support pillar there, everything looked weird without it. `:happy:

Any chance we'll be able to flip the Inaction Figures someday?

Some of the HM Blacksmith Forge recipes are weird... one has two anvils, another, two furnaces, and a third, both a Titanium Furnace and 30 Titanium Ore, but no anvil.

Attachments

• Terraria - return of the pillar.JPG
    Terraria - return of the pillar.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 974
It's so great you got the pillars worked out. I missed my little support pillar there, everything looked weird without it. `:happy:

Any chance we'll be able to flip the Inaction Figures someday?

Some of the HM Blacksmith Forge recipes are weird... one has two anvils, another, two furnaces, and a third, both a Titanium Furnace and 30 Titanium Ore, but no anvil.
Oooh, that brewery looks gorgeous! Mind if I add it to the OP in the example buildings spoiler? I'll give you credit, of course.
I might make the inaction figures flippable some time in the future, although it would take some rewriting and it might mess up figures already placed in the world. I'll see if I can find a way around that.
Those recipes don't sound 100% as intended, I'll fix them and release a hotfix.
-EDIT-
I got the IDs of the Titanium Forge (1221) and the Orichalcum Anvil (1220) mixed up.
It's fixed now, so ~-~ v1.3.1 is out! ~-~
Basically only fixing this small oversight. The new update can be downloaded in the OP or in the ingame mod browser.

Last edited:
Thanks, and of course! I'm very flattered. This is a slightly better version, though, with my carelessly-dyed blue butt out of the way.

Could use a Marble Slab Floor, hint hint. `;)

Attachments

• Terraria - hall and cellar.JPG
    Terraria - hall and cellar.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 78,854
Would it be possible to do large-scale items like long dining tables, or large throne chairs? I'm not sure if it's possible to do these without having to tediously place smaller parts separately (which would be more trouble than its worth imo). But if it is possible, I'd love seeing the following:

- large front-facing throne chairs fit for a king, higher and wider than the usual

- long dining tables, at 3-4+ tiles long if possible (even better yet if they can act as real tables with items placeable on them)

Lastly if you're willing, I'd also love seeing more "natural-looking" plants -- large placeable bushes (with and/or without flowers), tall overgrown grass patches, large flowers similar to pre-existing sunflowers. Even small trees of various types (even spooky dead ones) would be simply incredible -- anything to make players able to "fake" a lush and wild garden, or even a dense forest, as a complement to what we can already make.

I might make the inaction figures flippable some time in the future, although it would take some rewriting and it might mess up figures already placed in the world. I'll see if I can find a way around that.
I'd hold-off on this for now. The next Terraria update (1.3.6) will feature statues that can be flipped around, facing opposite directions. Depending on how this is accomplished, this could save you a lot of work.

Anyway, thanks for all you've been doing and all the great updates. Your top-notch work is always appreciated!

- long dining tables, at 3-4+ tiles long if possible (even better yet if they can act as real tables with items placeable on them)
Actually, Banquet tables can be placed side by side for a (nearly) seamless long dining table. Even better, if you paint the top of them, you can easily add a cloth! Though, as you also stated, larger thrones (or maybe more varieties of thrones!) Would be a nice addition :D
EDIT: Oh, and also, for the statues? I think they might have done something similar to the chair or bed code, where you can turn your character to place it. Actually, I think there might be a simple string for that in the SetDefaults... or maybe it was somewhere else? I dunno, I'm not too much of an expert, and I can't really remember much of the tile stuff...

Would it be possible to do large-scale items like long dining tables, or large throne chairs? I'm not sure if it's possible to do these without having to tediously place smaller parts separately (which would be more trouble than its worth imo). But if it is possible, I'd love seeing the following:
- large front-facing throne chairs fit for a king, higher and wider than the usual
Will be added in the next update!
Lastly if you're willing, I'd also love seeing more "natural-looking" plants -- large placeable bushes (with and/or without flowers), tall overgrown grass patches, large flowers similar to pre-existing sunflowers. Even small trees of various types (even spooky dead ones) would be simply incredible -- anything to make players able to "fake" a lush and wild garden, or even a dense forest, as a complement to what we can already make.
I think I will save this one for the next update, which I hope will be a somewhat larger update, perhaps focusing mostly on garden stuff.
I'd hold-off on this for now. The next Terraria update (1.3.6) will feature statues that can be flipped around, facing opposite directions. Depending on how this is accomplished, this could save you a lot of work.
I didn't even know about that. I can't wait to finally have gargoyles face both ways.
Anyway, thanks for all you've been doing and all the great updates. Your top-notch work is always appreciated!
Thank you so much!
EDIT: Oh, and also, for the statues? I think they might have done something similar to the chair or bed code, where you can turn your character to place it. Actually, I think there might be a simple string for that in the SetDefaults... or maybe it was somewhere else? I dunno, I'm not too much of an expert, and I can't really remember much of the tile stuff...
That wouldn't really work in this case. That is done by having both a left-facing sprite and a right-facing one next to eachother, but all inaction figures are located within the same tile file, so I don't think I could easily add left-facing versions for all of them.
-EDIT-
Come to think of it, this is the case too in vanilla with the beds and the chairs.
i can't placed gnome
Thanks for reporting this bug, it will be fixed in the next update!

The table/chair scale dichotomy in Terraria always bothered me. I don't have any ideas on how to fix it; I was just reminded of it by the discussion above.

I mean, I don't know what kind of furniture you guys have, but none of my tables are at eye level.

I think I will save this one for the next update, which I hope will be a somewhat larger update, perhaps focusing mostly on garden stuff.
Music to my ears. Thank you so much for not only making all this, but for being so receptive to our suggestions.

The table/chair scale dichotomy in Terraria always bothered me. I don't have any ideas on how to fix it; I was just reminded of it by the discussion above.

I mean, I don't know what kind of furniture you guys have, but none of my tables are at eye level.
Agreed. I always felt like the ideal height for the table's surface should be right between vanilla tables and workbenches. An additional way to make it more realistic is to lower the height of chairs as well. I still chuckle sometimes when I see an adult NPC go to sit in a chair, and their feet can't reach the ground as if they're a young child.

Btw NOT requesting Chadscope makes lower furniture -- we're just getting into minutia now. You're already spoiling us with so much incredible content!

Thanks for pointing that out, now I'm never gonna be able to unsee that :p
I don't think it'd be wise for me to completely change all vanilla tables to be 1.5 blocks high, but I could add 1.5-tile-high alternatives for all of them?
Music to my ears. Thank you so much for not only making all this, but for being so receptive to our suggestions.
No problem, man :)
Thank you for suggesting things!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom