tModLoader Chad's Furniture-and-More-Mod

For some reason, I'm unable to place the signs, such as the library sign. I can't find anywhere they will accept being attached. I've experimented with everything I can think of, but just in case: how should they be able to connect to things?

EDIT: Wait, I just found out that it is two *vertical* flat tiles on the left or right that it needs to attach. Which ... kinda makes sense, I guess?

It'd be really nice if you could attach the sign to *one* tile at the top (where the holding bit is shown) and/or treat it like the normal terraria sign with the "anywhere, including just stuck to background wall."

Last edited:
It's been almost a week since I replied to the thread, that's because my PC is currently in a pretty bad state. Don't worry, I have a backup of the mod so I won't lose anything, and I'm currently looking for a new PC. Because of this, it might take up to a week until I can resume work on the mod. Feel free to keep suggesting things, though; I plan for the next update to contain a lot of suggestions from you guys.
you can make bamboo trees and Lotus ?
i love this mod
I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the mod! I'm planning on making a garden-focused update some time in the future, so these could be added then.
For some reason, I'm unable to place the signs, such as the library sign. I can't find anywhere they will accept being attached. I've experimented with everything I can think of, but just in case: how should they be able to connect to things?

EDIT: Wait, I just found out that it is two *vertical* flat tiles on the left or right that it needs to attach. Which ... kinda makes sense, I guess?

It'd be really nice if you could attach the sign to *one* tile at the top (where the holding bit is shown) and/or treat it like the normal terraria sign with the "anywhere, including just stuck to background wall."
I'll see what I can do for the sign placement. Thanks for the suggestion!

I'll see what I can do for the sign placement. Thanks for the suggestion!

Thank you! I did have another sign related comment: I've been enjoying them for marking what the various houses I'm building are, and it would be interesting to see:
  • store (variations on the theme would be nice, but even just one would be cool.)
  • graveyard / gravestone
  • food / restaurant
  • bar signs. (I imagine, like, English bar sign style. maybe 2w x 3h, with various animals)
  • cogwheel
  • nanite
  • party girl style sign -- probably a party cone and confetti or something?
Variety, generally. ...but, either way, it's awesome. :)

Oh, and it might be nice to see if Jenosis version of the same mod theme is installed, and eg, add recipes that allow cross-use of the "paper" from there in your items, etc?

Anyway, I understand that's all suggestions, and some might not be trivial since they involve art, so I completely understand they may not happen. :)

I love the leaded glass wall so much. It looks much better as windows than the stock glass. Unfortunately, it has a bug for me: sometimes the panes go dark, and they seem to revert to showing the world behind when lighting changes, and sometimes for other reasons I can't pin down. I'd prefer to have a more structured report, but it's really turned out hard to nail down.

I am using the default lighting mode, though, if that helps.

This should show what I'm talking about:
Capture 2017-07-17 16_15_32.png

There might be a bug with the Eye of Horus in the Traveling Merchant's inventory. The first time I checked, I'm pretty sure it wasn't there; the second time, it was. I bought 9 more because the last time he had it, I could only afford 1. When I put them in my chest along with the old one, though, the 9 new ones disappeared, and just the old one remained. When I checked his inventory a third time, the Eye of Horus was not available anymore.

Last edited:
Thank you! I did have another sign related comment: I've been enjoying them for marking what the various houses I'm building are, and it would be interesting to see:
  • store (variations on the theme would be nice, but even just one would be cool.)
  • graveyard / gravestone
  • food / restaurant
  • bar signs. (I imagine, like, English bar sign style. maybe 2w x 3h, with various animals)
  • cogwheel
  • nanite
  • party girl style sign -- probably a party cone and confetti or something?
Variety, generally. ...but, either way, it's awesome. :)
Oh, and it might be nice to see if Jenosis version of the same mod theme is installed, and eg, add recipes that allow cross-use of the "paper" from there in your items, etc?
Anyway, I understand that's all suggestions, and some might not be trivial since they involve art, so I completely understand they may not happen. :)
I'll give all of these a try in a future update. It's hard to fit an imagine on the signs as they're really small, so maybe some won't work out, but we'll see. Thanks for the suggestions!
I love the leaded glass wall so much. It looks much better as windows than the stock glass. Unfortunately, it has a bug for me: sometimes the panes go dark, and they seem to revert to showing the world behind when lighting changes, and sometimes for other reasons I can't pin down. I'd prefer to have a more structured report, but it's really turned out hard to nail down.
I am using the default lighting mode, though, if that helps.
This should show what I'm talking about:
View attachment 176525
I've encountered this, too. It seems to depend on the brightness of the tile. I'm still trying to fix it.
There might be a bug with the Eye of Horus in the Traveling Merchant's inventory. The first time I checked, I'm pretty sure it wasn't there; the second time, it was. I bought 9 more because the last time he had it, I could only afford 1. When I put them in my chest along with the old one, though, the 9 new ones disappeared, and just the old one remained. When I checked his inventory a third time, the Eye of Horus was not available anymore.
Was this all in the span of one in-game day? He's supposed to just sell it sometimes when he comes around, though his inventory should stay the same throughout the duration of his visit. Did the 9 disappear when you tried to put them in a chest? That's definitely not supposed to happen.
Quick bug report: the canopy bed doesn't count in the "comfort items" category (aka "this room is missing a chair") for NPC housing.
Thanks for pointing it out, will be fixed in the next update.

Was this all in the span of one in-game day? He's supposed to just sell it sometimes when he comes around, though his inventory should stay the same throughout the duration of his visit. Did the 9 disappear when you tried to put them in a chest? That's definitely not supposed to happen.
Yep, all within about a minute actually. Timeline:

1. Looked at Traveling Merchant's stock.
2. Ran to storage area to see if I already had a Fez. I didn't, so I ran back.
3. Looked at Traveling Merchant's inventory again. He also had the Eye of Horus in stock this time. The rest of his stock was unchanged.
4. Bought the Fez, and 9 Eyes of Horus.
5. Put Fez and 9 Eyes of Horus in chest with 1 old Eye of Horus. Chest still showed only 1 Eye of Horus.
6. Took Eye of Horus out, put it up on a wall, took it down, put it back in the chest, trying to figure out what happened. No clues.
7. Ran back to Traveling Merchant. Eye of Horus was no longer in stock.

Bug report: Terraria crash possible by mousing over a mini-fridge (and possible other storage items) in the full-screen map. Error is:

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at chadsfurni.Tiles.Kitchen.minifridge.MapChestName(String name, Int32 i, Int32 j)
at Terraria.ModLoader.MapLegend.FromTile(MapTile mapTile, Int32 x, Int32 y)
at Terraria.Main.DrapMap()

...and I can't be bothered with the rest of the stack which would tell you that XNA called DrawFrame, and we were working through the process of that before crashing here. :)

It's one hundred percent reproducible for me. I don't think I have ever opened the minifridge, and I definitely don't have anything stored in it, so maybe it's something not initialized in a completely empty tile?

Is multiplayer support being worked on? I love your mod, but we mostly play terraria together in a shared world and it is in a shared world where your mod will shine.

Hi everybody, just a quick little update on my progress on v1.4. It currently includes the full sandstone - and princess sets as shown before in this thread, along with some random stuff I found myself in need of while playing the game. As I mentioned before, I am right about to get a new PC so progress on the new update will likely be halted for a day or two. I plan to start working on a bunch of you guys' suggestions asap, however :happy:
I have a long list of suggestions by now, which I would really like to thank you for. I'll keep you guys updated along the way as I add more of them to the mod.
Yep, all within about a minute actually. Timeline:
1. Looked at Traveling Merchant's stock.
2. Ran to storage area to see if I already had a Fez. I didn't, so I ran back.
3. Looked at Traveling Merchant's inventory again. He also had the Eye of Horus in stock this time. The rest of his stock was unchanged.
4. Bought the Fez, and 9 Eyes of Horus.
5. Put Fez and 9 Eyes of Horus in chest with 1 old Eye of Horus. Chest still showed only 1 Eye of Horus.
6. Took Eye of Horus out, put it up on a wall, took it down, put it back in the chest, trying to figure out what happened. No clues.
7. Ran back to Traveling Merchant. Eye of Horus was no longer in stock.
That's really odd. I know why it randomly popped in and out of stock, that's a small oversight on my part. But the fact that it just ate 9 eyes of horus is very strange. I'll try to replicate it myself.
Bug report: Terraria crash possible by mousing over a mini-fridge (and possible other storage items) in the full-screen map. Error is:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at chadsfurni.Tiles.Kitchen.minifridge.MapChestName(String name, Int32 i, Int32 j)
at Terraria.ModLoader.MapLegend.FromTile(MapTile mapTile, Int32 x, Int32 y)
at Terraria.Main.DrapMap()
...and I can't be bothered with the rest of the stack which would tell you that XNA called DrawFrame, and we were working through the process of that before crashing here. :)
It's one hundred percent reproducible for me. I don't think I have ever opened the minifridge, and I definitely don't have anything stored in it, so maybe it's something not initialized in a completely empty tile?
I'll try and replicate the bug myself, and see where it goes wrong. I expect to have this fixed by the next update. Thanks for reporting! :D
Can we have a majestic horse statue?
Absolutely we can, added it to the list :)
Is multiplayer support being worked on? I love your mod, but we mostly play terraria together in a shared world and it is in a shared world where your mod will shine.
I am currently working on it, yes. I can't say for sure if it will be in the next update, but regardless it will be accompanied by an assortiment of multiplayer-suited furniture (furniture sets for the different colours of team blocks, for example, and more team banners). I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the mod, and I hope that soon everyone can enjoy it together :D

Last edited:
@360Chadscope what do you think about adding Inaction Figures for bosses from Thorium, Calamity, and Spirit? I really need figures for my modded boss trophies...
This is a plan I have for a future update, though it is not one of my priorities at the moment, as not everybody uses these mods. Currently I intend for the next update to focus on adding some of the older suggestions from the thread, and the update thereafter to add multiplayer support. But (not in the least because I, too, use all three of these mods) modded Inaction Figures are on the list of things to add :)

Jee, my alerts haven't been going off, I've missed some. regardless, I have an idea... LLAMA FIGURES...
also, more posters could be cool, don't add them if you don't want to though, i can see you're pretty stocked on ideas at the moment
(Also the main post says 4rd)
(I'm sorry, I'm not sorry)

"-(almost) all vanilla building blocks nowmerge with eachother"

Please make posible to disable dis function on configs.
Will do.
Jee, my alerts haven't been going off, I've missed some. regardless, I have an idea... LLAMA FIGURES...
also, more posters could be cool, don't add them if you don't want to though, i can see you're pretty stocked on ideas at the moment
They've been added to the list. Don't worry about the amount of ideas, I enjoy working on the mod :)
(Also the main post says 4rd)
(I'm sorry, I'm not sorry)
I only noticed that yesterday, too, I can't believe I didn't notice for almost a full month.

Back
Top Bottom