tModLoader Chad's Furniture-and-More-Mod

*she

Here. Actuated Wood blocks with a Gray Brick Floor.

Terraria - floor on actuated blocks.JPG

Yeah, the Floor's appearance doesn't change as a result of actuation, only the underlying block. But since there's no collision on the Floor, you can pass through the whole thing.

Thank you all for your kind words and compliments, they have really made my day :happy:
Have you noticed that the Moon Lord stained glass window is missing the exposed brain? Also, I personally would've made the Moon Lord head bigger than the tentacles. I assume that's a stylistic choice, though.
At the time it was a stylistic choice I made, though I'm not sure if I want to keep it that way. The stained glass windows take a long time to make so I don't fancy going back to one I've already made and changing the design, but I might do it before the update comes out.
Can't do the whole tower like that yet because of the FPS drop, but that's getting fixed soon, I believe. Another minor quirk is that the gray brick floor doesn't show up on some stone slab blocks, but maybe that will be solved by the FPS fix too.
The FPS issues will be fixed, yes. The gray brick issue will be fixed soon, too. I noticed the problem myself as well. It's because when making the spritesheet for the floors I didn't take into account the fact that gray bricks (and other 'large' bricks) have a different layout to their spritesheet than other blocks do.
What makes this mod incompatible with multiplayer? Not asking for an update, just curious.
Several furniture items bug out for various reasons, and carpets and mannequin heads don't work at all. In theory it's possible to use the mod in multiplayer, but in practice there are bugs all over the place. The next update will disable the known problematic items, so that (hopefully) the mod can be used in multiplayer without bugs ruining the immersion :)

tapestries
- large front-facing throne chairs fit for a king, higher and wider than the usual
a model castle
upload_2017-8-17_15-5-36.png

Also included are @Marney's suggestions for a wolf pelt and fireplace tool racks, and the Lunatic Cultist© Collectable Inaction Figure®.
The tapestries show three significant events that happened during the reign of King Jacques 'the Unfortunate' de Montfort. Namely him being knighted by the dryad, him facing off against the crimson menace, and him meeting his accidental end to a catapult manned by his wife.
The thrones are simply the platinum versions of the vanilla throne and the modded throne I showed earlier. The vanilla throne can no longer be crafted with platinum, also its recipe has been changed from the whopping 30 bars and 20 silk to an (imo) more reasonable 7 bars and 7 silk. The tall thrones will cost 15 bars and 15 silk.

I'm still not quite sure when the next update will come out. I'm adding new stuff to it every day, but at some point it will have to be released. I still have a handful of your suggestions that I plan to add before releasing it, so I expect the update to come out in about a week or so. As of right now it adds ~90 items, raising the total amount of items in the mod comfortably above 500.

I have to say, all of the people in this thread are giving me SO many guide lines for building something actually pleasent to look at.
Maybe some day I'll be able to combine efficiency and aestetics when building towns in my playthroughs...

...Thank you, all of you

Trans-dimensional flying carpets!

I was excavating an area in my current building world when I noticed some Green Carpets in my inventory. I was puzzled, because I haven't made any carpets in this world, and I certainly didn't bring any along - I've been waiting for the castle update and the carpet FPS fix before using any more. I shrugged it off as one of those weird inexplicable things that happen sometimes, or maybe just bad memory; I hadn't played in a couple of days.

But as I was going back over the area, I discovered some Green Carpet next to some Gray Brick Floor, hanging in midair.

Terraria - carpets 1.JPG

This got my attention, because I have used those two next to each other - but on a different world. So I went back to the other world to check. By a wild coincidence, my excavations on the new world included the spot where my base is located on the old world!

Terraria - carpets 2.JPG

And that's exactly where those Green Carpets and Gray Brick Floors showed up. I restored an old save, from before my excavation, and went back to the same spot. Sure enough, that's where they were. Lucky I always use Medium-sized worlds.

Terraria - carpets 3.JPG

I exited the game entirely, restarted, and made a new world, then went back to the same coordinates in the new world. No carpet, no floor. Double-checked by swinging a Stanley Knife all over the place, but nothing happened. Went back into the first world (with the old base and the carpets), left, made a second new world, and checked the coordinates again - still nothing.

So far I can't reproduce the bug, and it's only happened once, and only one way. But it was very weird, and potentially troublesome.

Last edited:
The most common mistake I've seen is that people tend to start with a big shell and then have no idea what to do with the interior. If Terraria builds were real 90% of us would be living in cathedrals.
trust me, that's something that never happens to me, because since I prioratize efficiency I use all the space to make as many housings as possible, which it doesn't let there be cathedrals all over the place but it doesn't make for good looks either.
My usual building process is :
  • flatten out a patch of ground
  • stare at it with some building materials until I get inspired
  • make the shell
  • fill it with suitable rooms, hallways and whatever fits with the theme I came up with
  • try to make it look as pleasent as possible
bottom line is if I make a cathedral is because I wanted to

Last edited:
Heard you've been having a bit of a creative block lately. It happens to all of us -- in fact I'm currently going through a bit of that with my texture pack.

But from what you've already kindly shared with the community and shown of your upcoming update, I have no doubt it'll be well-worth the wait. :)

This mod adds a lot of excellent content and I love almost all of it. I say almost because there is one tiny niggle that I hope might be tweaked. Is there a way to make the stone slabs unblend like vanilla as I find that they blend in a weird way and make builds look odd. That is the only tiny niggle that I've got.

-lil' sneaky edit- Here is a small spoiler because it's been so long since the last one:
_q8190FgTsKEoD8AC9l8pg.png

Quick suggestion, sorry if it's been added already, but I think a placeable Mysterious Tablet would be cool.
That sounds really good, I can think of a lot of ways to implement that into builds. Will be added in the next update!
Trans-dimensional flying carpets
That is really odd. I've never encountered that, and I don't really know what could cause it. I hope I come across it some time myself, so I can try to fix it.
I don't know if it's possible, but could you try adding elevator-like furniture that will move up & down when you get on
Oof, that sounds like a tough thing to make, but I'll give it a shot. That could be really cool in large office-like buildings.
Heard you've been having a bit of a creative block lately. It happens to all of us -- in fact I'm currently going through a bit of that with my texture pack.
But from what you've already kindly shared with the community and shown of your upcoming update, I have no doubt it'll be well-worth the wait. :)
Thanks for understanding :)
I hope it'll be over soon so I can wrap up the update, tie up some loose ends, that kind of things. A lot of the content I've been adding lately has just been different versions of existing furniture, a bit like what the hanging clocks are to the normal vanilla grandfather clocks. I've got candelabras that can be placed on walls, end tables that are extended versions of workbenches, and cabinets which are 2x2 versions of the 3x2 dressers in vanilla.
Admittedly you can do a lot of cool stuff with these new kinds of furniture (especially the wall candelabras are handy) but they do lack originality, as many of them (especially the candelabras) are just edits of vanilla stuff.
This mod adds a lot of excellent content and I love almost all of it. I say almost because there is one tiny niggle that I hope might be tweaked. Is there a way to make the stone slabs unblend like vanilla as I find that they blend in a weird way and make builds look odd. That is the only tiny niggle that I've got.
An option for this will be added to the Config file in the next update, as well as an option that disables crafting recipes for normally uncraftable vanilla furniture.
This may sound silly but, how do you place down a gnome? Or can you even place it down?
There is currently a bug with the gnome that makes it impossible to place it down. It's very annoying, especially since it seems to be a popular item. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, it will be fixed when the next update rolls around :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom