tModLoader Chad's Furniture-and-More-Mod

I'd say if you want the spinning wheel to be craftable, I'd say have cost say 20[or so]wood + 5 iron + 150 cobweb + a hard mode only drop.
That is if you want to make an item that is only used for the spinning wheel that is.
But just tossin out a suggestion.

~-~V1.4.0.2 is out now!~-~
v1.4.0.2
-new stuff:
----added 5 pieces of furniture
-------including 3 new animal homes as suggested by @Marney
----added Miracle Seed Mix bags that place more sturdy flowers and grass
-------11 different kinds of seed mixes
-------a watering can that lets you choose any specific frame of any planted seed
----added 1 new crafting material
-bug fixes:
----fixed blue dungeon cabinet being unplaceable
----fixed prismite fish being unplaceable
----fixed mythical clock being unplaceable
----fixed a lot of modded furniture animations
-------moon lord fountain, soup, mysterious tablet, spinning wheel and gargoyle now properly cycle through their frames
-------gargoyle now correctly displays one stream of water instead of two, and barfs water when it is raining
----fixed certain fish turning into other fish when being placed
----fixed mysterious tablet crashing the game when being destroyed, bug reported by @Ultimate D.O.S.
----added the previously forgotten recipe for the hanging golden clock
-improved textures:
----birdhouse tile and item
----gnome item
----placed ale
-additional changes:
----birdhouse now has an actual bird inhabiting it and requires said bird to be crafted
----added an option in the config to disable carpets to circumvent world loading crash
----renamed mod from "Chad's Furniture-and-More-Mod" to "Chad's Furniture Mod"
FO3bL6h.png
<---- also there's a logo now!
As mentioned in the spoiler, the crash some people have been experiencing should be circumventable by disabling carpets in the mod's Config file. Please share your experiences with this, so I know if it works for everyone or not. You might have to delete the config file and reload the mod for the option to appear.
This update is the first in a series of updates focusing mainly on garden things. This one adds a couple of blocks that serve as more animal-friendly versions of the vanilla terrarium, namely some birdhouses and a rabbit hole. More of these critter homes will follow in the future, for most (if not all) vanilla critters. Also added in this update are 11 different kinds of seed mixes. These will place vanilla flowers and tall grass. These flowers, unlike in vanilla, don't break upon the slightest caress, making them ideal for the picky gardener. There is also a watering can, which can be left/right clicked on a flower to cycle through the various flowers available. As with the animal homes, the seed mixes will be expanded upon in future updates. I'm currently planning on adding a clentaminator-like tool that will allow you to easily spray seed all over the place.

Other plans for the following few garden updates include bushes which can be cut into different shapes, plant pots and plants to put in the pots, and lawn flamingoes. As always, I am open for any and all requests you guys have for more stuff, be it garden furniture or not :)

Notes: The birdhouses are crafted with [10 of any Wood] + [1 corresponding Bird]. The birds currently just fly from left to right without really interacting with the environment around them, even flying straight through walls. This will probably change in future updates.
The rabbit hole is crafted with [10 Dirt Block] + [1 Bunny]. The bunny will somewhat interact with its environment, stopping at a wall or at a hole in the ground. Just like the birds, the bunny's behaviour will be expanded upon in the future.
The animals aren't actual NPCs, they are merely textures. This is because I have no experience with coding NPC behaviour whatsoever. They cannot be killed or caught, and will only disappear if their home is destroyed. If the player puts down two or more rabbit holes close to one another, the bunnies will walk in sync. Same goes for the birds. This is because the animals' position relative to their homes is the same for all animals in the world. This, too, will be changed in a future update.
The seed mix bags are Forest, Corruption, Crimson, Hallowed, Jungle and Mushroom, with the first 5 all having additional flowers-only versions. All can be crafted with [1 Jute] (which in turn is crafted with [5 Rope]) + [5 of the corresponding grass seeds] to make [30 miracle mix].
In addition all seeds can be bought from the Dryad, provided she lives in the corresponding biome. The Dryad also sells the Watering Can.

v0.10.1.1
Since I've overclocked my CPU more, I've been getting frame rates of about 50 with this mod enabled, more with it disabled. I cannot get Terraria to run higher than 60FPS to see how much it really affects the frame rate.
That's really weird, I'm not sure what could cause that. I'll look into it, maybe I'm missing something.
Maybe make it a craftable item but you need like 5 looms and hellstone bars maybe? Or the mechanic sells it only on a blood moon?
I'd say if you want the spinning wheel to be craftable, I'd say have cost say 20[or so]wood + 5 iron + 150 cobweb + a hard mode only drop.
That is if you want to make an item that is only used for the spinning wheel that is.
But just tossin out a suggestion.
I was thinking something like the latter. For now it'll remain an item sold by the merchant, but I hope in time a better way to obtain it will jump out at me.

Last edited:
Whoah, a gardening theme! That's so incredibly awesome! Many dozens of thanks! ^.^

Actually, now that I think of it, I've never actually seen the Spinning Wheel. o_O What does it do, and when does the Merchant sell it again, please?

Before the update I had a lot problems with the your mod but now it seems that it's working fine but whenever I try to create a large world the game crashes with this message
"Index outside the boundaries of the Matrix.
"en System.Array.InternalGetReference(Void* elemRef, Int32 rank, Int32* pIndices)
en System.Array.GetValue(Int32 index1, Int32 index2)
en chadsfurni.Tiles.Carpets.carpet.KillTile(Int32 i, Int32 j, Int32 type, Boolean& fail, Boolean& effectOnly, Boolean& noItem)
en Terraria.ModLoader.TileLoader.KillTile(Int32 i, Int32 j, Int32 type, Boolean& fail, Boolean& effectOnly, Boolean& noItem)
en Terraria.WorldGen.KillTile(Int32 i, Int32 j, Boolean fail, Boolean effectOnly, Boolean noItem)
en Terraria.WorldGen.JungleRunner(Int32 i, Int32 j)
en Terraria.WorldGen.<>c__DisplayClass259_0.<generateWorld>b__15(GenerationProgress progress)
en Terraria.GameContent.Generation.PassLegacy.Apply(GenerationProgress progress)
en Terraria.World.Generation.WorldGenerator.GenerateWorld(GenerationProgress progress)
en Terraria.WorldGen.generateWorld(Int32 seed, GenerationProgress customProgressObject)
en Terraria.WorldGen.do_worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)
en Terraria.WorldGen.worldGenCallBack(Object threadContext)"

Otherwise if I create a small or a medium world the game functions properly (Im not using any other mod)

Last edited:
So I keep getting the following error on a large world.

Error in reading custom world data for chadsfurni
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.WorldIO.LoadModData(IList`1 list)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Default.MysteryWorld.Load(TagCompound tag)

Inner Exception:
Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
at chadsfurni.handleother.Load(TagCompound tag)

Running the following mods.

[
"AlchemistNPC",
"AllTheWalls",
"BaseMod",
"Boombastic",
"BossChecklist",
"BuilderPlus",
"BuildPlanner",
"CalamityMod",
"chadsfurni",
"CheatSheet",
"CosmeticVariety",
"CrystiliumMod",
"Expeditions",
"ExpeditionsContent",
"Fargowiltas",
"GoldensMisc",
"GRealm",
"JoostMod",
"Luiafk",
"pinkymod",
"Pumpking",
"QLS_Updated",
"SacredTools",
"SolutionsMod",
"TheLuggage",
"ThoriumMod",
"Tremor",
"VipixToolBox",
"WeaponOut",
"WingSlot",
"WMITF",
"ZoaklenMod",
]

Small and medium worlds load fine. Unfortunately, my main build world is large.

Whoah, a gardening theme! That's so incredibly awesome! Many dozens of thanks! ^.^

Actually, now that I think of it, I've never actually seen the Spinning Wheel. o_O What does it do, and when does the Merchant sell it again, please?
Thanks! And no problem :happy:
It's used to craft Royal Furniture with wood and Golden Furniture with gold or platinum bars. I believe he sells it during a new moon during hardmode.
Have you tried disabling carpets in the Config file? I think that should fix it for the time being, until I've managed to fix the crash altogether. Thanks for reporting, it's useful to know that it only happens on large worlds.

Thanks for the update! Are the the birdhouses and rabbit holes supposed to be animated? I wouldn't have guessed so for the rabbit hole, but the bird looks like he's in the first frame of...well, trying to do something.

I'm a big fan of the Royal furniture. Is there any chance we could see it rounded out with the last missing pieces, a bathtub for instance?

How do I disable the carpets in the config? My config of the mod only has three things and mentions nothing about carpets.
Try deleting the config, then reloading the mod ingame.
Thanks for the update! Are the the birdhouses and rabbit holes supposed to be animated? I wouldn't have guessed so for the rabbit hole, but the bird looks like he's in the first frame of...well, trying to do something.

I'm a big fan of the Royal furniture. Is there any chance we could see it rounded out with the last missing pieces, a bathtub for instance?
Yes, they're supposed to be animated. Are they not?
I am planning on finishing all furniture sets, yes. It's just that I wasn't sure on what some pieces should look like, so I decided to wait with making them.

I couldn't help but notice that the long table items aren't properly alligned with the floor (They appear to be one pixel above). This is at least true for the Rich Mahogany and Shadewood varients.

I cannot seem to be able to craft Royal furniture and curtain at a spinning wheel, even though I have the required items to do so.

EDIT: MY BAD I MISTOOK SPINNING WHEEL FOR THE LOOM IGNORE THIS.

I have an error, when loading into my world, it reads "chadsfurni Load failed! No backup found". Any help?
This is a known bug, I'm trying to fix it at the moment. For the record, what other mods are you using?
I couldn't help but notice that the long table items aren't properly alligned with the floor (They appear to be one pixel above). This is at least true for the Rich Mahogany and Shadewood varients.
qrck69.png

the wooden end table is broken :T
Thanks for reporting, this will be fixed in the next update :happy:
I cannot seem to be able to craft Royal furniture and curtain at a spinning wheel, even though I have the required items to do so.

EDIT: MY BAD I MISTOOK SPINNING WHEEL FOR THE LOOM IGNORE THIS.
Don't worry, I've had the same thing in the past...

This is a known bug, I'm trying to fix it at the moment. For the record, what other mods are you using?

Awesome thank you.
On the topic of Spinning wheels, how do you get them? I can't seem to figure out if I can craft them or not.

I'm using quite a few:
Calamity
Thorium
imkSushi
Spiritmod
Elemental unleash
Voltage's mod
Builder's toolbox
Friendly NPCs don't die
Item checklist
HERO's mod
Base mod