tModLoader Chad's Furniture-and-More-Mod

I'm sorry to be that guy, but it pains me that the blocks that did not blend before do now (such as slabs and especially team blocks). Is there a way to disable this?

the crash some people have been experiencing should be circumventable by disabling carpets in the mod's Config file.

Could you give an indepth explanation as to how to access the config file and disable the carpets? All I can find is the TMOD file and when I open that with Notepad++ it's a jumble of symbols that make no sense. I have no doubt in my mind that I'm doing something wrong so please help XD

Could you give an indepth explanation as to how to access the config file and disable the carpets? All I can find is the TMOD file and when I open that with Notepad++ it's a jumble of symbols that make no sense. I have no doubt in my mind that I'm doing something wrong so please help XD
To access the config file you go to "my documents, terraria, modloader" and there should be a file called mod config. Chad furniture config will be in there... but for me it only has vanilla walls... so I still don't know how to disable carpets but, maybe I helped you?

Could you give an indepth explanation as to how to access the config file and disable the carpets?
... and there should be a file called mod config. Chad furniture config will be in there... but for me it only has vanilla walls...

To disable carpets:
1) Go to the Main Menu > Mods
2) Hit "Open Mods Folder" button (This will open a FileManager window)
3) Go up 1 layer (hit backspace or alt+up OR go to the path thingy in the top of the window and go to ".." (this means go up 1 dir)
4) Go into "Mod Configs" and open "Chad's Furniture.json" with Notepad/Notepad++/editor of your choosing
4.1) If the file is missing the option you want to change: delete the file and restart Terraria, and the mod should generate a new (more up to date) config file
5) The options should be quite self explanatory, so change what you want to change (true/false), and don't delete the "," after the thing if there is one!
6) Save the file
7) Restart Terraria and changes should be implemented now!

Greetings and Enjoy :)

I'm getting some serious performance issues with this mod. As the camera moves around the FPS plummets for fractions of a second at a time leading to microstuttering. I don't know how any of this stuff is implemented but if I had to guess it's because the game is constantly loading and unloading assets as new tiles come into view and it's causing some kind of bottleneck. It seems to want to access the HDD a lot which might be because it's running out of memory or something, I don't know. Changing the config options doesn't seem to help. It definitely is this mod that's the issue since I don't get anything similar with it disabled. It's a huge shame because I think the mod's got some pretty fantastic additions to building but the stuttering is just unplayably irritating.

I'm getting some serious performance issues with this mod. As the camera moves around the FPS plummets for fractions of a second at a time leading to microstuttering. I don't know how any of this stuff is implemented but if I had to guess it's because the game is constantly loading and unloading assets as new tiles come into view and it's causing some kind of bottleneck. It seems to want to access the HDD a lot which might be because it's running out of memory or something, I don't know. Changing the config options doesn't seem to help. It definitely is this mod that's the issue since I don't get anything similar with it disabled. It's a huge shame because I think the mod's got some pretty fantastic additions to building but the stuttering is just unplayably irritating.

Yeah I think I'm getting the same thing. I'm not sure if changing the video settings helps much (Sometimes I switch to Trippy lighting to see if that helps, but it's sometimes in vain). Even with frame skip on there can be some really big lag spikes.

Awesome thank you.
On the topic of Spinning wheels, how do you get them? I can't seem to figure out if I can craft them or not.
They're sometimes sold by the Merchant in Hardmode.
I'm sorry to be that guy, but it pains me that the blocks that did not blend before do now (such as slabs and especially team blocks). Is there a way to disable this?
There is, in the Config :)
Yeah I think I'm getting the same thing. I'm not sure if changing the video settings helps much (Sometimes I switch to Trippy lighting to see if that helps, but it's sometimes in vain). Even with frame skip on there can be some really big lag spikes.
I love this mod but it taxes my computer more than calamity and thorium combined...
Thanks for reporting, I'm currently working on the performance issues. I can't say when I'll be done, but the next patch will be released immediately when I fixed them.
Aha, so the birdhouse and rabbit hole animations work fine in single player, but they're frozen on the first frame in multiplayer.
Ah, that explains why I'm not experiencing this myself as I have no frie
Thank you for reporting this bug, I'll try and fix it in the next update!

Anyone who is experiencing that bug w/ the "load backup failed" or whatever, it's probably due to a calamity + chad's furni incompatibility issue. For me, it only "triggers" when I try and host MP, but with more mods, this "culprit" might change. My advice is: experiment! make a new world, does it work? try disabling ALL mods to see if it isn't just your version of the game or some other craziness and re-activate them one-by-one. It's the best way to make 360Chadscopes' life much easier, AND it'll let him fix said bugs MUCH quicker.

Anyone who is experiencing that bug w/ the "load backup failed" or whatever, it's probably due to a calamity + chad's furni incompatibility issue. For me, it only "triggers" when I try and host MP, but with more mods, this "culprit" might change. My advice is: experiment! make a new world, does it work? try disabling ALL mods to see if it isn't just your version of the game or some other craziness and re-activate them one-by-one. It's the best way to make 360Chadscopes' life much easier, AND it'll let him fix said bugs MUCH quicker.
I can play multiplayer just fine. :T

it happens when I go back into a world. I can go into a world once, but after that it says that I "dont have a backup" only solution is to disable this mod :/ which sucks bc I really was looking forward to using it
it happens to me too, the only way to keep playing is exit and re-open Terraria. it sucks but it works as a temporary solution.

Back
Top Bottom