tModLoader Chad's Furniture-and-More-Mod

Those plants look great! Love the cacti and mini jungle trees!

Could you make a trellis for gardens? I'm picturing either a standalone one that could go behind plants or a new fence that would have a wider/more open look to it and make a fun background for a garden. I also love wrought iron furniture for gardens.

Non-garden related, I was thinking while playing today that it would be great to have surface-placeable versions of star and firefly in a bottle.

Edit: The star in a bottle already is placeable on surfaces, never mind!

Last edited:
Oh my goodness, those sprites are amazing! ^O^ It genuinely makes me want to consider building some sort of greenhouse!

A greenhouse wouldn't be complete without a sprinkler system of some sort, of course. It wouldn't actually do anything, no, but it would look pretty.

How is the particle emission system in the Terraria tModLoader system, anyway? If it's nothing resource-intensive, a tiny sprinkler system would be really useful. Something like what they have in the Plantation area in Cave Story - Just a little thing that spits out particles at random. Either straight down in a cone, (A ceiling sprinkler.) or from the ground, scattering them all over.

Of course they would be toggleable with a switch, but now I'm just being greedy. :p The sprinklers would only be visual, and are entirely useless.

I'm sure that this has probably been asked before, though trying to scroll though the posts quickly I wasn't able to find anything... butttt, is it possible or are you considering making the rest of the "storage" related objects actually contain a chest space for storing stuff? (I.E kitchen cabinets, fridges). I'd seen that some of the storage related objects do in fact contain storage for them, though it would be nice to have say; an actual functional kitchen for storing foods and etc (especially for roleplay enviroments). I'm sure there are others as well that I haven't seen yet, and I figure if it's not too much trouble it would be a nice addition.

I'm sure that this has probably been asked before, though trying to scroll though the posts quickly I wasn't able to find anything... butttt, is it possible or are you considering making the rest of the "storage" related objects actually contain a chest space for storing stuff? (I.E kitchen cabinets, fridges). I'd seen that some of the storage related objects do in fact contain storage for them, though it would be nice to have say; an actual functional kitchen for storing foods and etc (especially for roleplay enviroments). I'm sure there are others as well that I haven't seen yet, and I figure if it's not too much trouble it would be a nice addition.

The mini fridge functions as a chest!

Those plants look great! Love the cacti and mini jungle trees!

Could you make a trellis for gardens? I'm picturing either a standalone one that could go behind plants or a new fence that would have a wider/more open look to it and make a fun background for a garden. I also love wrought iron furniture for gardens.

Non-garden related, I was thinking while playing today that it would be great to have surface-placeable versions of star and firefly in a bottle.

Edit: The star in a bottle already is placeable on surfaces, never mind!
Thanks for the suggestions! Here are the trellis walls:
upload_2018-8-17_13-32-8.png

I'm planning on also making standalone ones, along with an ivy-item that you can place on walls, which should go well with the trellis.
Oh my goodness, those sprites are amazing! ^O^ It genuinely makes me want to consider building some sort of greenhouse!

A greenhouse wouldn't be complete without a sprinkler system of some sort, of course. It wouldn't actually do anything, no, but it would look pretty.

How is the particle emission system in the Terraria tModLoader system, anyway? If it's nothing resource-intensive, a tiny sprinkler system would be really useful. Something like what they have in the Plantation area in Cave Story - Just a little thing that spits out particles at random. Either straight down in a cone, (A ceiling sprinkler.) or from the ground, scattering them all over.

Of course they would be toggleable with a switch, but now I'm just being greedy. :p The sprinklers would only be visual, and are entirely useless.
Sprinklers do sound like a nice idea, yeah. I've not yet played around with particles, so this could be a good introduction. I won't promise anything, but I'll at least try it out!
I do plan on eventually giving all storage-objects an actual storage space, yeah. The storage mechanic, for as far as I can tell, is pretty rigid and clunky, though. I'll have to play around with it in a future (maybe storage-themed) update, to see how exactly it works. Thanks for the suggestion!

Nice idea of using each type of wood to spawn little plants! I love those little cacti. Are there plans to make Crimson and Corrupt bushes too?

Calamity Mod just added a set of furniture. Any chance you may expand that?

Edit:

The last comments hadn't loaded, huh. I love how those garden walls look, I will definetly use them.

Hey i found a bug with carpets and Terracustom extra large worlds. I can only place carpets on the left half side of the world. Otherwise they work fine.

Last edited:
Hey chad, I have a question. How can I get a spinning wheel? I would also like to note that cabinets, wardrobes and the like are not properly working. I can't make any of them in my world, but when I got one through other means the cabinet and wardrobe was just broken.

I'm sorry for the lack of activity lately, guys. School just started again and my PC broke right around the same time, so life has been a bit busy lately to say the least. I hope I'll be able to resume work soon!
Nice idea of using each type of wood to spawn little plants! I love those little cacti. Are there plans to make Crimson and Corrupt bushes too?
I plan to add a few bushes for every environment.
Calamity Mod just added a set of furniture. Any chance you may expand that?
Perhaps at some point in the future I will :)
What is the new set themed around?
Hey i found a bug with carpets and Terracustom extra large worlds. I can only place carpets on the left half side of the world. Otherwise they work fine.
Carpets are not currently compatible with extra large worlds, no. I plan to fix this in the future.
Hey chad, I have a question. How can I get a spinning wheel? I would also like to note that cabinets, wardrobes and the like are not properly working. I can't make any of them in my world, but when I got one through other means the cabinet and wardrobe was just broken.
The spinning wheel is sold by the Merchant, depending on the moon cycle. I have come to regret this decision more and more deeply every time someone asked me how to get it and am open to suggestions as for how to obtain it :p
Cabinets and wardrobes malfunction in multiplayer for reasons I don't quite yet understand, which is why I made them unobtainable in multiplayer worlds. I'm still looking for someone with modding experience who can help me fix this situation, until then these items and the like will remain unobtainable.

Calamity adds seven furniture sets https://calamitymod.gamepedia.com/Furniture_sets

...come to think of it, that is a lot, wow.

"Cabinets and wardrobes malfunction in multiplayer for reasons I don't quite yet understand, which is why I made them unobtainable in multiplayer worlds."

That is weird. What is different, code-wise, from normal cabinets'?

"I am open to suggestions as for how to obtain it"

While I do think it should be stuck behind something, so it can't be adquired as soon as one starts; the Moon Phase is annoying. I didn't even know it had to do with that, I though he simply sometimes sold the thing. I actually got my first Spinning Wheel after killing Provicence...which is a boss AFTER the Moon Lord.

I have two: Make it so it spawns on the Dungeon or in random Cabins; or make it so the Clothier sells it.

Or perhaps even have it be sold by the Travellin Merchant (Please don't, the Gatlingator is annoying enough to get).

I don't see much point to have it locked further into the game, since it just allows you to craft cosmetic stuff. And I would really, really like to make my home base with Royal Furniture.

Ok that's why we can't make any carpets and stuff. I wish you luck in fixing them.

I would also like to make a few suggestions.

1. The spinning wheel can probably just either be made with string and wood with the saw mill or something. Another good option is to go with what Widow Peak said and just have the Clothier sell it and maybe add Rumpelstiltskin to his list of names.

2. Me and my friends wanted to have a desk for an NPC's home so we started searching for furniture mods. We eventually found this mod and decided to add it since it is really good. Do you think you can make desks a reality? That would be really good.

3. My friend suggested a cash register.

4. Do you think it would be possible to have inaction action figures for other mods as well like Calamity mod?

5. My friend also suggested a circular serving tray with a lid for some fancy restaurant of sorts and aslo a service cart to go along with it.

Calamity adds seven furniture sets https://calamitymod.gamepedia.com/Furniture_sets

...come to think of it, that is a lot, wow.

It's a decent amount, but "seven" is generous. Ashen looks like restored Ancient, though to be fair Ashen does look pretty good, and Ancient would have its uses in ruins - I'd call that one and a half sets, though. Void is just Granite. Abyss and Profaned are very nice, though.

It's a decent amount, but "seven" is generous. Ashen looks like restored Ancient, though to be fair Ashen does look pretty good, and Ancient would have its uses in ruins - I'd call that one and a half sets, though. Void is just Granite. Abyss and Profaned are very nice, though.
Granted, Ancient is somewhat faster to make since you can base it off Ashren. But Void has completely different sprites from Granite, you can't base it off it.

Hi, I found a bug with the hardmode forges. They don't count as a hellforge, thus I'm unable to craft hellstone bars with it. Happens with all variations of the hardmode forge.

Back
Top Bottom