tModLoader Chad's Furniture-and-More-Mod

Well I really hope I can place blocks on pillars

I'm sure a bug this time, missing sprite (?) of horse statue facing right

also I really hope to place a metal bench under this fountain
That's odd, the horse statue is supposed to be able to face to the right. So you place it and its just get a gray box? Or just the preview is a grey box?

That's odd, the horse statue is supposed to be able to face to the right. So you place it and its just get a gray box? Or just the preview is a grey box?
1586752371475.png

not just the preview

yo, is there any plans on adding collectable inaction figures for other mods (calamity, thorium, etc) if so pls reply
The idea was floated a while ago, but IIRC it was abandoned.

Chad is known for very long bouts of offline-ness. Do not expect a reply from him for a long time.
It is currently unknown if the mod will be updated for 1.4 even after TModLoader is updated for 1.4.

Has anyone had performance issues with Chad's and managed to fix them?

Everytime I install it (on 32 and 64 Tmod) I get terrible stuttering, doesn't matter if it's with a bunch of other mods or if it's the only mod.

Hardware definitely isn't an issue, and I've monitored overall PC performance during the stutters and nothing seems out of the ordinary.

Ditto with this mod. I disable it and I get far better performance, even with over 80 mods running simultaneously on 64 Bit tModLoader.

I think he said it was the carpets and the code used on them. I never even placed a carpet. But the lag did start when I placed Chad-related stuff. Probably a fountain or something, as well as that combined workshop/furnace thing. I actually didn't put too much in other than that.

I just saw the most recent 1.4 blog/teaser which was all about golfing...

...and all I could think of is how much this mod would be PERFECT for making more scenic and interesting golfing areas. Some assets in this mod are simply built for golf scenery, and would be fitting to have some new golf-related items that even bring new functionality.

I don't know if you're coming back Chad, but 1.4 would be that much sweeter with this quality and brilliant mod to complement it.

What's wrong with lead glass blocks in this mod? If I put together a bunch of blocks, that stick together and put a glass in it - it becomes a goddamn glass wall. It visually cuts a hole in my wall and I can see sky through it. What the heck? If I want to make a lead glass window - I'll just use a wall. How to use blocks as intended - as blocks? Vanilla glass doesn't have that type of glitch, but it doesn't have border on blocks either.

What's wrong with lead glass blocks in this mod? If I put together a bunch of blocks, that stick together and put a glass in it - it becomes a goddamn glass wall. It visually cuts a hole in my wall and I can see sky through it. What the heck? If I want to make a lead glass window - I'll just use a wall. How to use blocks as intended - as blocks? Vanilla glass doesn't have that type of glitch, but it doesn't have border on blocks either.
I am not understanding your problem, can you pleae provide a more detailed breakdown of the steps required to replicate the presumably-a-bug you are experiencing? Pictures would also help, as it is apparently a visual bug.

I am not understanding your problem, can you pleae provide a more detailed breakdown of the steps required to replicate the presumably-a-bug you are experiencing? Pictures would also help, as it is apparently a visual bug.
Sure thing. Sorry for my :red:ty report. I was nervous and sleepy, it was a late night. So the problem is as you can see on the screenshot if there is only two rows of lead glass(or ANY blocks, that merge with lead glass) - everything's fine, but when I add the third row - it merges with painted stucko and becomes a 4 row chunk. Stucko+3 glass. How this works - if there is more than two (like 4 as here) - every row of glass makes the background wall transparent(I literally just added a row of glass blocks on that screenshot) except for the rows on the edge of a chunk(in this particular example it doesn't make lowest wall transparent and it counts stucko as a top row, so makes second and third row a see through window). Vanilla glass works fine. The problem is only in this lead glass.

Attachments

• Capture 2020-05-15 23_30_17.png
    Capture 2020-05-15 23_30_17.png
    175.4 KB · Views: 170
  • Capture 2020-05-15 23_30_44.png
    Capture 2020-05-15 23_30_44.png
    176.9 KB · Views: 165
Sure thing. Sorry for my :red:ty report. I was nervous and sleepy, it was a late night. So the problem is as you can see on the screenshot if there is only two rows of lead glass(or ANY blocks, that merge with lead glass) - everything's fine, but when I add the third row - it merges with painted stucko and becomes a 4 row chunk. Stucko+3 glass. How this works - if there is more than two (like 4 as here) - every row of glass makes the background wall transparent(I literally just added a row of glass blocks on that screenshot) except for the rows on the edge of a chunk(in this particular example it doesn't make lowest wall transparent and it counts stucko as a top row, so makes second and third row a see through window). Vanilla glass works fine. The problem is only in this lead glass.

Ok, so If I am understanding correctly, our problem is that Lead Glass BLOCKS cause OPAQUE WALLS behind them to become transparent, and the Lead Glass is see-through? And this ONLY HAPPENS when you have enough of it? And this DOESN'T happen with Glass BLOCKS?

Am I understanding correctly? If so: That is likely a bug. This behavior you are seeing I believe is the OLD behavior for glass blocks in 1.2, and chances are, Chad just copied it from 1.2 to 1.3. When glass blocks were changed to fix this bug, Chad did not update his Lead Glass to follow suit. But I may be wrong.
You will need to wait until Chad comes back before you'll get a fix, however, as he is """Missing""" as of this writing.

If I am NOT understanding correctly, please write your report again, in numbered steps with 1 image per step, with photo-shopped images of the expected behavior vs. the observed behavior. I apologize in advance for my denseness. Please also do not Paint any blocks, actuate any blocks, or slope any blocks. Use ONLY Lead glass, glass, wood, and wood wall. Crop out all extraneous detail.

Your bug report is important, please bear with me.

Ok, so If I am understanding correctly, our problem is that Lead Glass BLOCKS cause OPAQUE WALLS behind them to become transparent, and the Lead Glass is see-through? And this ONLY HAPPENS when you have enough of it? And this DOESN'T happen with Glass BLOCKS?
That sounds exactly what I'm trying to say. At least if I understand it correctly. Ok, Ill wait. I think this may be fixed only when Chad's compatible with 1.4 will get out. Thanks for your time anyway.

Hope you all and Chad are well! It's been fun to see the little things 1.4 has added that Chad's Furniture has had for a long while lol. I hope Chad will have time, energy, and interest in updating the mod to 1.4 at some point!

Back
Top Bottom