tAPI Chad's Horse Mask+

Do you approve?

• Total voters
I was farming sharks for the Diving Helmet and I thought, "we need Shark Masks, that'd be awesome". Not sure it would fit with the rest since sharks aren't critters, but heh, Corrupt Bunnies are hostile too and they drop the Bunny Mask.

Also, I couldn't stop laughing when I saw the horse in the wild. "Beautiful Stallion" killed me. XD

Keep up the good job, and add more masks please.

EDIT: Not sure if it's easy to implement, but it would be cool if the new critters could be caught with the Bug Net and put in cages, like the vanilla ones.
One shark mask coming up
Also, I don't think you can even make catchable critters with tAPI (yet).
This is................ BOOTIFUL!!!!! HORSE MASK IS LOVE HORSE MASK IS LIFE!!!!!!
Welcome brother
if only mobile had mods
//cri
yi6Vh4O.jpg

based on the critters page, you still need to do the black scorpion, cardinal, firefly, frog, glowing snail, grasshopper, mouse, snail, worm and truffle worm mask.
I'll try to do the scorpion, the mouse, the worm and the frog. Firefly, butterfly and lightning bug will drop a more generalized Bug Mask. Cardinal drops the Bird Mask as well... Or at least it's supposed to. I put in the wrong IDs, currently the Bird Mask is dropped by Birds, Blue Jays and certain Rusty Armored Bones. In the next update I'll fix it. I already tried both snail and grasshopper masks but couldn't make them, so those probably won't be added. The Truffle Worm one won't be either, since it'd be very tedious to farm.

Chadwick presents... Chad's Horse Mask and more Mod!
I'm very sorry in advance.
So if you've been around for a while, you've likely come across my horse mask suggestion at one point or another. This mod is based around that suggestion. Basically, the mod adds a bunch of animal masks, and some ways to obtain those masks.
The first thing you'll notice is probably the
7jiBGAN.png
chickens and
CXDlZHW.png
pigs walking around your world. They both have a chance of dropping their
01KCcRx.png
h3qPTZi.png
corresponding mask. Additionally, the pig has a chance of dropping bacon and/or a Hammer from the bacon suggestion. If you're very lucky, you might come across a
C4BwfUQ.png
horse as well! 19 out of 20 times they drop a normal
RvgcYQR.png
horse mask, but rarely you might get a
VnCSMAq.png
zebra mask! It's just a fancy horse mask, really. But it's cool.
But the chicken, pig and horse aren't the only critters that drops masks, no sir. The
GiDOGjy.png
birds,
391HLPB.png
ducks and
GsU8VrH.png
squirrels of the world sometimes carry a mask on them as well!
Once the Travelling Merchant decides to stop by every now and then, you may notice that he sometimes sells a
UiROBJM.png
panda mask or
OycIW8O.png
cat mask that he picked up somewhere on his travels.
TL;DR: 9 different masks: 4 dropped by new critters, 3 dropped by existing critters, 2 sold by the Travelling Merchant.
And why do you want this mod? Ehm... More collectables! More masks to collect, next to the normal super-duper-boring boss ones, right? Because this mod is so small and simple, you can add it to your playthrough at pretty much any point! For as far as I know, problems only arise if you're using Tremor Mod, which also adds the horse mask, or Blitz Mod, which also adds the same pigs with the same drops. It shouldn't cause any crashes, but you'll have two versions of pretty much the same mobs and/or items+. If that bothers you. Eh.
You're an awesome person and you can do that thing that you've been trying to do for a while now.
Oh also the mod is in beta. I don't think a mod that adds just nine vanity helmets can :red: up your game very badly, so no worries about that. I'm only saying this because spawn and drop rates of NPCs and items respectively are still up for debate, and I'd like to hear your opinion about them. Speaking of spawn rates, I haven't seen a single duck at any point during the testing of this mod. In theory, it might not ever drop the mask, and I wouldn't :red:ing know.
The mod is not tested for multiplayer. I don't know how many problems could possibly arise from a few masks and animals, but just thought you should know.
And the horse is hostile.
Yeah.
The masks in all their glory -
dzwkbKK.png

From left to right: Horse, Bird, Pig, Chicken (from Geneen), Squirrel, Zebra, Panda (from Geneen), Cat (from Geneen), Duck.
The animals you can expect -
xh2iOfd.png
IzD4RVq.png
7aQQRhm.png
By suggesting more ideas for masks, and ways to obtain them. The more masks the better, right?
Ideas for more drops for the chicken and the horse (and maybe even some for vanilla critters) are also very much appreciated.
Keep in mind that I can't code :red:, though. So yeah.
@rangerofthewest for the bacon suggestion, including bacon and HAMmer.
@nealpd for the HAMmer sprite.
@Geneen for the sprites for the Chicken, Panda and Cat masks.
An estimated amount of 70 chickens, 10 horses, 15 squirrels, 60 pigs, 20 bunnies, 4 Chadwicks, 15 birds and no ducks beCAUSE I DIDN'T FUCKING FIND ANY OF THEM were killed for developement of this mod. Their input will not be forgotten and their efforts not in vain.
Hotline Miami?

1.0: Nightmarish Worms is now out!
The new masks:
or3cCP5.png

From left to right: Worm, Shark, Mouse, Bug, Goldfish, Frog, Santank, Ice Queen, Everscream, Mourning Wood, Pumpking.

I'm looking for a new sprite for the bug mask because, as you might have noticed, it's awful.
I haven't tested whether the moon event bosses correctly drop their masks because my test character isn't quiet at that point in the game yet. If anyone could test that for me, I'd be very grateful. FYI, it's a 1/21 drop chance, so you might have to kill a few of them. I see no reason why they wouldn't drop them, but confirmation would of course be nice.
A few suggestions haven't been added yet, these suggestions being the Doge mask and the Scorpion mask. I couldn't succesfully make a worthy sprite for either of them, so if anyone would like to make one for me, feel free to.

The new masks:
or3cCP5.png

From left to right: Worm, Shark, Mouse, Bug, Goldfish, Frog, Santank, Ice Queen, Everscream, Mourning Wood, Pumpking.
I'm looking for a new sprite for the bug mask because, as you might have noticed, it's awful.
I haven't tested whether the moon event bosses correctly drop their masks because my test character isn't quiet at that point in the game yet. If anyone could test that for me, I'd be very grateful. FYI, it's a 1/21 drop chance, so you might have to kill a few of them. I see no reason why they wouldn't drop them, but confirmation would of course be nice.
A few suggestions haven't been added yet, these suggestions being the Doge mask and the Scorpion mask. I couldn't succesfully make a worthy sprite for either of them, so if anyone would like to make one for me, feel free to.
Woohoo! MY OWN MASK!
I will test them for you. (Cheat Mods FTW!)

The new masks:
or3cCP5.png

But... I wanted... To add Event Bosses masks... But couldn't find them...

Back
Top Bottom