PC Challenge Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellow terrarians, skeletons, goblins, giant worms, zombies and whatever else you might be.

I'm trying to find an idea for a challenge, mod or anything like that to do before 1.3 comes out.
NOTE: Doing hardcore mode doesn't count as a challenge, i'm looking for something creative.

This is from a thread, but I can't remember the name.
No projectiles.
Spears count.
Melee only.
No guns, spears, magic, summons, etc.

Hello fellow terrarians, skeletons, goblins, giant worms, zombies and whatever else you might be.

I'm trying to find an idea for a challenge, mod or anything like that to do before 1.3 comes out.
NOTE: Doing hardcore mode doesn't count as a challenge, i'm looking for something creative.
Build a huge fortress out of your corrupt/crimson blocks in easymode (no purifying). Build and build till there's no corruption/crimson left.
Corruption is easier to do however, most of the crimson is boulders scattered through dirt, plus corruption themed blocks are more varied (4 safe biome blocks for corruption vs 2 for crimson). You are allowed to use some accessory blocks but you have to use corrupt/crimson blocks to constitute 75% of your build at least.

Go on a PvP server and get a K/D over 5 using any extreme loadout (extreme ranged damage: Sniper scope, Destroyer emblem, avenger emblem, ranger emblem, celestial stone, menacing, shroomite, extreme melee speed or any stupid loadout like that).

Only lob projectiles or make them ricochet on stuff without ever hitting directly.

Throw your copper shortsword and pickaxe at the beginning of the game.

Get an(other) enchanted sword.

This is from a thread, but I can't remember the name.
No projectiles.
Spears count.
Melee only.
No guns, spears, magic, summons, etc.
OUCH, that would be BRUTAL, think i might try it.
Build a huge fortress out of your corrupt/crimson blocks in easymode (no purifying). Build and build till there's no corruption/crimson left.
Corruption is easier to do however, most of the crimson is boulders scattered through dirt, plus corruption themed blocks are more varied (4 safe biome blocks for corruption vs 2 for crimson). You are allowed to use some accessory blocks but you have to use corrupt/crimson blocks to constitute 75% of your build at least.

Go on a PvP server and get a K/D over 5 using any extreme loadout (extreme ranged damage: Sniper scope, Destroyer emblem, avenger emblem, ranger emblem, celestial stone, menacing, shroomite, extreme melee speed or any stupid loadout like that).

Only lob projectiles or make them ricochet on stuff without ever hitting directly.

Throw your copper shortsword and pickaxe at the beginning of the game.

Get an(other) enchanted sword.
That one also seems interesting, maybe i'll do them both eventually

Swap a for d and w for s in the controls menu (you can also do shift and space).
Go to a new world with your geared character, get to hardmode on that world, put the loot from WoF in a chest in surface (optional) start a new character and play in that hardmode world.
Get the gravity globe on a new character and make a playthrough always upside down.
Set the total number of accessories you can use (put useless crap on the other slots).
Make a run where you can only use helmets (no breastplates nor pants).
Make a run where you can only build houses on floating islands (tough later with the wyverns).

If you ragequit and your weapons start talking after this, blame @Xman101
...it's a long story. >_> <_<

What about trashing your starting tools, and trying to start the game with nothing.
It is doable, however, you may need to go through a few worlds to get the lucky chests you to get you going.

Protip - Rope and torches are invaluable, alongside any melee weapon you can get early on. You can also get a copper pickaxe from a merchant, so try and find bombs to get the materials you need for a house.

Dwarves, dress up how you want, but maybe try to look like a dwarf. Oh yeh the challenge: you are only allowed to live Underground. And you can't really go to the overground so you have to go around underground. You are allowed to go to sky islands if you want to and you are allowed to find chests and fight bosses but not stay up there every minute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom