[Challenge/Prodject] Can we make a boss fight?

Engie^3

Terrarian
Could we create a boss fight that follows the following rules?

1. No actual bosses from the game are used
2. The player/s must fight, and the 'boss' can fight back
3. At minimum 2 forms
4. Visible Health bar
5. ...

Optional:
1. Use non-conventional forms of attack ie. Solve a small puzzle to launch an attack
2. The 'Boss' gives drops when killed
3. Include a death animation
4. A specific item or event is used to determine when to start the fight
5. ...

Could we create a boss fight that follows the following rules?

1. No actual bosses from the game are used
2. The player/s must fight, and the 'boss' can fight back
3. At minimum 2 forms
4. Visible Health bar
5. ...

Optional:
1. Use non-conventional forms of attack ie. Solve a small puzzle to launch an attack
2. The 'Boss' gives drops when killed
3. Include a death animation
4. A specific item or event is used to determine when to start the fight
5. ...
A lot of this is already in terraria, so, what is it you're trying to do exactly?

... do you have an example?
Yup, just as Melly the WM said, the first adventure map with the new wiring stuff had a final boss that was made out of wiring mechanics. It had a pattern of attacks and would from time to time during the fight show it's weak point to the player, which was a teal plate the player had to shoot. When defeated it would blow up.
Doing something like that really isn't hard. I don't think the boss in that map had a health bar, but adding one in would be easy.

I don't know why you guys are trying to shoot this down because its been done before -_-
Just because its been done before doesn't mean it could be done again, but differently.
What are you talking about? Did you not read all of my first comment on this thread? "But it would be cool to make a post where Terrarians can post their designs for wire made bosses". Did you just miss the part when I said that?

Maybe this could be useful?

I was working on a simplified Undertale-style "bullet hell" arena, but I was too busy in real life to have bothered completing it.

The key concept is using actuated sand.

A player standing in sand blocks takes damage.
A player standing in actuated sand blocks does not.

Unfortunately it is hard to move through groups of blocks bigger than 3x3.
2zoekwo.png

2py86cw.png

The images didn't appear when I previewed, which is strange, so here's a link to them.

Maybe this could be useful?

I was working on a simplified Undertale-style "bullet hell" arena, but I was too busy in real life to have bothered completing it.

The key concept is using actuated sand.

A player standing in sand blocks takes damage.
A player standing in actuated sand blocks does not.

Unfortunately it is hard to move through groups of blocks bigger than 3x3.
2zoekwo.png

2py86cw.png

The images didn't appear when I previewed, which is strange, so here's a link to them.

IS there a way to tell exactly which sandblocks are going to be Unactuated? like a warning system??
Can you send me the .wld file? If there is a way, Maybe i can make a warning system or something.

I have some ideas to make bosses in this thread: Corman's Fun Land thread
The bosses have no health bars, they're timed, so you beat them by surviving.*
*I haven't actually made any of the aforementioned boss fights, but I plan on incorporating them into an adventure map.

EDIT: I've made a few boss fights in Corman's Fun Land now, but none of them have health bars.*
*There is one with a health bar, but it only attacks you when you damage it, so it doesn't count.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom